Windows 10: How Do I Repair or Replace Windows 10 Installer?

Discus and support How Do I Repair or Replace Windows 10 Installer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can not install programs or do Windows 10 updates because the Windows 10 Installer is damage. When attempting to install a program or do Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ProPilot, Jan 5, 2016.

1. ProPilot Win User

How Do I Repair or Replace Windows 10 Installer?

I can not install programs or do Windows 10 updates because the Windows 10 Installer is damage. When attempting to install a program or do Windows 10 updates, the installer stops and the progress bar shows no progression of installation. I have the computer during the installation process and come back to the computer an hour later and the progress bar shows no indication of progress of installation. Anyone has any tips or info on what I can do to try to fix the Windows installer?

:)

ProPilot, Jan 5, 2016
  2. Rohn007 Win User

How to replace or repair the d3d9.dll file in Windows 10 DirectX software?

try running DISM:

After ChkDsk is done go back to the admin prompt and run following commands, one at a time to Repair The Installed Windows Image

this command checks whether the image has been flagged as corrupted by a failed process and whether the corruption can be repaired:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

this command scans the installed windows for component store corruption:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

this command performs Window repair operations automatically:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

DISM creates a log file (%windir%/Logs/CBS/CBS.log) that captures any issues that the tool found or fixed. %windir% is the folder in which Windows is installed. For example, the %windir% folder is C:\Windows.

OPTIONAL READING: REPAIR A WINDOWS IMAGE (USING DISM)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versi...(v=win.10)

Rohn007, Jan 5, 2016
  3. How to replace or repair the d3d9.dll file in Windows 10 DirectX software?

Hi, Elton.

Try installing the DirectX End-User Runtime from the link below. This will reinstall DX9.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/detail...

Note that the installer will unpack the files to a location of your choice, then you'll need to run the DXSETP.exe file.

AmberRiley, Jan 5, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi ProPilot and welcome to Tenforums.

So, a few questions come to mind, like, is this a clean install of W10, or an upgrade? How long have you been using it? etc...

Perhaps you should try a repair install by doing an in-place upgrade. I think that may solve your problem.

simrick, Jan 5, 2016
Thema:

1. How Do I Repair or Replace Windows 10 Installer? - Similar Threads - Repair Replace Installer

2. How can I repair or replace wdiwifi.sys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I repair or replace wdiwifi.sys?: The past few weeks I have sometimes getting a blue screen of death error. For example I was simply just browsing and suddenly I get the BSOD. The error code is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Below that it says: What failed: wdiwifi.sys. I think that this means that the...
  3. How can I repair or replace wdiwifi.sys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I repair or replace wdiwifi.sys?: The past few weeks I have sometimes getting a blue screen of death error. For example I was simply just browsing and suddenly I get the BSOD. The error code is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Below that it says: What failed: wdiwifi.sys. I think that this means that the...
  4. How can I repair or replace wdiwifi.sys?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PIN - How do I replace? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN - How do I replace? Windows 10: After unplugging my computer for a few hours during a storm then starting it up again I now have no PIN. I've tried adding one a number of times put but always get the "We weren't able to set up your PIN" message. None of the suggested solutions on this forum work for me....
  6. PIN - How do I replace? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN - How do I replace? Windows 10: After unplugging my computer for a few hours during a storm then starting it up again I now have no PIN. I've tried adding one a number of times put but always get the "We weren't able to set up your PIN" message. None of the suggested solutions on this forum work for me....
  7. PIN - How do I replace? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How do I repair or replace DIISafeCheck.dll in Windows 10 so that Zoom will function?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I repair or replace DIISafeCheck.dll in Windows 10 so that Zoom will function?: DIISafeCheck.dll missing so that Zoom won't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-repair-or-replace-diisafecheckdll-in/2ed161e1-292d-45ea-b13b-768136528343
  9. How do I install windows 10 home to replace vista

How do I install windows 10 home to replace vista: Upgrade from vista to windows 10 home * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-windows-10-home-to-replace-vista/941d46e6-6e5f-46e7-b94d-903c6bca21f0
  10. how do I repair windows 10

how do I repair windows 10: Windows 10 will not update to the latest 1809 version. All system configuration requirements are checked and met at the start of the update, but update always fails and states " windows could not configure one or more components to install windows". Update troubleshooter has...