Windows 10: How do I RESET my microphone to work with Cortana?

Discus and support How do I RESET my microphone to work with Cortana? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I turned on Cortana for the first time, I was prompted to read a certain sentence out loud in order for my microphone to be automatically set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ecbritz, Aug 9, 2015.

1. ecbritz Win User

How do I RESET my microphone to work with Cortana?

When I turned on Cortana for the first time, I was prompted to read a certain sentence out loud in order for my microphone to be automatically set up and adapted to Cortana. Because I was a bit nervous using Win 10 for the first time, I said Hello Hello Hello in stead of the prescribed sentence. My microphone was set up on this clumsy basis. Now Cortana will only recognize the word Hello when I say it. How can I create another opportunity to adapt my microphone to Cortana by saying the prescribed sentence?

:)

ecbritz, Aug 9, 2015

2. How do I make my microphone work with Windows10?

That was my thought at first and indeed i have tried the headset on another computer and even a phone which both don't have windows10, and both the microphone and headset worked. This left me assuming that it was something with the system.

FangedRecord298, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    How do I make my microphone work with Windows10?

Hi,

Have you tried using the headset on another computer? If the headset did not work, its most likely a hardware problem. Headsets are plug and play, not working headsets has a 90% chance of having a hardware problem.

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 9, 2015
  4. How do I RESET my microphone to work with Cortana?

The words you used shouldn't affect Cortana's behavior, there just to set the volume level so Cortana can hear you.

Hey Cortana is the wake up phrase, you might have to press the microphone icon on Cortana's panel first though

only pause for a little bit between Hey Cortana and the question you want to ask

Try this
    Hey Cortana <short pause> Tell me a joke

To answer your question, you could try turning Cortana off (Cortana Settings) and the back on - I'm not sure if it goes though the mic setup again.

Press the Windows key [ *Start ] and type Cortana settings (the search box appears after you type the first character),
    then press the topmost result - should be Cortana & Search Settings

Slartybart, Aug 16, 2015
  5. ecbritz Win User
    Thanks for the appreciated response. The solution to my problem turned out to be switching on (checking) "Recognize non-native accents for this language". Under Settings, find the Speech Language settings. If you choose English (United States) as your speaking language -- but don't have an American accent -- then you should check "Recognize non-native accents for this language". Doing this solved my problem. I also did the "Set up your mic for speech recognition" part of the Speech Language settings correctly this time. I read out the prescribed sentence. Since doing all this, Cortana has declared herself willing to talk to me.

ecbritz, Aug 16, 2015
  6. Teflon Win User
    You can also run through the mike setup stage anytime. Just open Cortana, click on "Notebook"; then "Settings", and you should see the option "Re-learn my voice".

Cliff

Teflon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I RESET my microphone to work with Cortana?

1. How do I RESET my microphone to work with Cortana? - Similar Threads - RESET microphone Cortana

2. My microphone is not working. How do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is not working. How do i fix this?: My microphone is not working, and the mic toggle hotkey on f4 does not seem to respond either The Fn+ Q hotkey used to toggle battery modes also does not work. But every other buttons work just fine. I've tried troubleshooting yet it does not seem to be able to identify any...
  3. My microphone is not working. How do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone is not working. How do i fix this?: My microphone is not working, and the mic toggle hotkey on f4 does not seem to respond either The Fn+ Q hotkey used to toggle battery modes also does not work. But every other buttons work just fine. I've tried troubleshooting yet it does not seem to be able to identify any...
  4. Microphone not working in ask Cortana

in Cortana
    Microphone not working in ask Cortana: Microphone not working in ask Cortana tried all settings to no avail happened since windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working-in-ask-cortana/f05ef0d6-82df-4a25-9e3d-d116b312613c
  5. How do I reset my not working computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reset my not working computer: I have a computer it is not working I want to download windows 10 i do have product key i done have any data on this computer i have a usb and another computer how do i do it....
  6. Microphone not working, only works with cortana

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone not working, only works with cortana: For some stupid reason my microphone is being detected, works perfectly fine, but literally every application other than cortana does not work. Before you ask, yes I have enabled apps to use my microphone. Windows has detected no issues with it, and it says everything is...
  7. Cortana microphone

in Cortana
    Cortana microphone: I cannot cortana to work on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-microphone/0d95770a-5255-4c8d-aab7-fd31d3ecb27a
  8. Cortana and Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cortana and Microphone: Cortana can't hear me. My laptop microphone worked to talk to Cortana now I get the message no microphone Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-microphone/da94e8e8-8f14-4391-bbc6-64ca90133c5f
  9. How to reset Cortana

in Cortana
    How to reset Cortana: Could someone please help in telling me how to reset Cortana in windows 10 1909? Nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-cortana/1a45efc5-163c-484d-9bf0-d97f347ae310"
  10. So my microphone isn't working. How do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    So my microphone isn't working. How do i fix it?: So my microphone isn't working. How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-my-microphone-isnt-working-how-do-i-fix-it/5648c008-2abe-44af-a49a-18b4afa5f5d2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reset cortana microphone

2. where is cortana

3. how to wipes a microphone

4. reset microphone cortana,
  5. how to reset microphone,
  6. how to restart micro phone,
  7. my mic microphone not working on cortana,
  8. reset microphone to work with cortana