Windows 10: How do I reset PC if settings doesnt work

Discus and support How do I reset PC if settings doesnt work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed (took 8 hours of updating 7 then installing 10) windows 10 and it worked for a few minutes but then I added some software. Control panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ander35, Oct 23, 2015.

1. ander35 Win User

How do I reset PC if settings doesnt work

I installed (took 8 hours of updating 7 then installing 10) windows 10 and it worked for a few minutes but then I added some software.

Control panel won't work, settings wont work, I cannot uninstall software, I cannot get to reset, restore is turned off (I did not turn it off), safe mode will not work.

Sometimes it will boot sometimes not. No I cannot boot to safe mode when I get logged in, I set boot mode to safe but it did not work.

I want to tool back to 7 but I don't have a disc. If I am forced to stay with 10 how can I reset it? There is no disc.

God, I hate m$.

:)

ander35, Oct 23, 2015
  2. Alexcs165 Win User

PC starting up on its own

After I installed windows 10 when I put my PC to sleep it starts back up on its own. I changed the settings for media sharing to allow the PC to sleep but it doesnt work, I changed the settings for network adapters to not wake up the PC and still doesnt
    work. What can I do to fix this?

Also how do i turn media sharing off?

Alexcs165, Oct 23, 2015
  3. clloee Win User
    Resetting my pc

I am also having problems with Resetting my PC, i already did reset my pc the first time then i shut it down because its too long.My pc was damaged and i couldnt work on anything( blank black screen) i kept restarting it and using boot it doesnt work but
    some how automatic repair just apeared and all of the advanced option doesnt work, only reset it, so i reset it again and its still 1% for 4 hours, is there anyway that i can cancel it and work my pc again?

clloee, Oct 23, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Ander, *Smile

You could use OPTION ONE in the tutorial below to boot from your Windows 10 USB to reset with.

Reset Windows 10

Brink, Oct 23, 2015
  5. ander35 Win User
    Yeah, I am trying to create one now on another PC (windows 10 on a usb). Just realized that.

I think it is some kind of driver software conflict because this did not happen on another PC. Maybe an HP driver or something.

ander35, Oct 23, 2015
  6. ander35 Win User
    I actually like windows 10 but every time I install it I have an 8 hour nightmare.

ander35, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I reset PC if settings doesnt work - Similar Threads - reset settings doesnt

2. How do I get my PC to reset?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get my PC to reset?: I have tried everything I could think of to get my PC to reset but the only thing I can't do is reinstall windows from a media device. I've tried updating it which also fails, I've tried cmd and cmd in trouble shoot, tried some anti virus software, this may not sound like...
  3. How do I fix there was a problem resetting your pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix there was a problem resetting your pc: I had a problem where windows couldn't repair my PC. I needed to factory reset the PC through the bluescreen since I couldn't access the desktop. I went to advanced settings and troubleshoot where I pressed the reset PC button and clicked remove everything then a message...
  4. How do I delete a work-account set up on my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I delete a work-account set up on my PC: I had a work-account at Microsoft that has now been disabled there and a new one established. I am not able to delete it from my computer which constantly announces that I must renew my password for it. Not able to access it at Microsoft because it is disabled...
  5. how do i reset bios

how do i reset bios: I heard that's the only way to make my computer detect my battery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-bios/af57b448-182e-48a5-b29f-23eac0f26adb
  6. 'Compressed (zip) Folder' Doesnt Work - How Do I Fix it?

in Windows 10 Support
    'Compressed (zip) Folder' Doesnt Work - How Do I Fix it?: When I try to compress a folder by right clicking and choosing, Send To > Compressed (zip) folder, it doesnt work. Nothing happens. How do I fix it? 119608
  7. Resetting PC to factory settings: How do I keep Windows 10?

Resetting PC to factory settings: How do I keep Windows 10?: It looks like I am going to need to reset my desktop PC to it's original factory settings, due to a serious infection, which I cannot resolve by any other means. The PC came with Windows 8 installed, and I got the free upgrade to Windows 10 in the usual way. As the system...
  8. How do I reset Touchpad to work properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I reset Touchpad to work properly: The touch pad on my Toshiba computer is not working. I only have one good USB port and use that for the mouse, but want to save pics on jump drive, but touch pad not working so I can operate without the mouse. Please tell me how to reset or reactivate my touch pad. I do not...
  9. If I do a PC Reset will the wifi adapter driver be removed during the reset as it's how I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I do a PC Reset will the wifi adapter driver be removed during the reset as it's how I...: Hi:)...I need to do a PC reset with my computer as I have a js virus in it and can't get rid of it(keeps coming back-showing up) so thought I could do a PC reset and finally get rid of it but when I clicked the next step and to keep files it told me a list of things that will...
  10. How do I RESET my microphone to work with Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I RESET my microphone to work with Cortana?: When I turned on Cortana for the first time, I was prompted to read a certain sentence out loud in order for my microphone to be automatically set up and adapted to Cortana. Because I was a bit nervous using Win 10 for the first time, I said Hello Hello Hello in stead of the...