Windows 10: How do I reset PC if settings doesnt work

Discus and support How do I reset PC if settings doesnt work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed (took 8 hours of updating 7 then installing 10) windows 10 and it worked for a few minutes but then I added some software. Control panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ander35, Oct 23, 2015.

1. ander35 Win User

How do I reset PC if settings doesnt work

I installed (took 8 hours of updating 7 then installing 10) windows 10 and it worked for a few minutes but then I added some software.

Control panel won't work, settings wont work, I cannot uninstall software, I cannot get to reset, restore is turned off (I did not turn it off), safe mode will not work.

Sometimes it will boot sometimes not. No I cannot boot to safe mode when I get logged in, I set boot mode to safe but it did not work.

I want to tool back to 7 but I don't have a disc. If I am forced to stay with 10 how can I reset it? There is no disc.

God, I hate m$.

:)

ander35, Oct 23, 2015
  2. Alexcs165 Win User

PC starting up on its own

After I installed windows 10 when I put my PC to sleep it starts back up on its own. I changed the settings for media sharing to allow the PC to sleep but it doesnt work, I changed the settings for network adapters to not wake up the PC and still doesnt
    work. What can I do to fix this?

Also how do i turn media sharing off?

Alexcs165, Oct 23, 2015
  3. clloee Win User
    Resetting my pc

I am also having problems with Resetting my PC, i already did reset my pc the first time then i shut it down because its too long.My pc was damaged and i couldnt work on anything( blank black screen) i kept restarting it and using boot it doesnt work but
    some how automatic repair just apeared and all of the advanced option doesnt work, only reset it, so i reset it again and its still 1% for 4 hours, is there anyway that i can cancel it and work my pc again?

clloee, Oct 23, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Ander, *Smile

You could use OPTION ONE in the tutorial below to boot from your Windows 10 USB to reset with.

Reset Windows 10

Brink, Oct 23, 2015
  5. ander35 Win User
    Yeah, I am trying to create one now on another PC (windows 10 on a usb). Just realized that.

I think it is some kind of driver software conflict because this did not happen on another PC. Maybe an HP driver or something.

ander35, Oct 23, 2015
  6. ander35 Win User
    I actually like windows 10 but every time I install it I have an 8 hour nightmare.

ander35, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I reset PC if settings doesnt work - Similar Threads - reset settings doesnt

2. How do I reset default apps on Microsoft? The reset options in settings is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset default apps on Microsoft? The reset options in settings is not working.: So I accidentally set the default app to notepad for.acsm files. I tryed to reset it but made the default app word. Then I went to settings and clicked reset default apps and now the .acsm file is stuck like this...
  3. How do I reset default apps on Microsoft? The reset options in settings is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset default apps on Microsoft? The reset options in settings is not working.: So I accidentally set the default app to notepad for.acsm files. I tryed to reset it but made the default app word. Then I went to settings and clicked reset default apps and now the .acsm file is stuck like this...
  4. How do I reset to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reset to factory settings?: I've been trying for over a week to install VersaWorks 6 for my 64" vinyl printer and Windows 10 keeps giving me error 1935. I've had enough and just want to wipe it so I can start over. I've tried all of the fixes for error 1935 and none of them worked. I give up....
  5. How do I reset to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset to factory settings?: I've been trying for over a week to install VersaWorks 6 for my 64" vinyl printer and Windows 10 keeps giving me error 1935. I've had enough and just want to wipe it so I can start over. I've tried all of the fixes for error 1935 and none of them worked. I give up....
  6. How do I reset to factory settings?

7. how do i wipe my pc and reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i wipe my pc and reset to factory settings: how do i perform a factory rest with windows 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-wipe-my-pc-and-reset-to-factory-settings/de5d4fd0-1476-4c53-b548-7ecaaf4a28d9
  8. how do i wipe my pc and reset to factory settings

how do i wipe my pc and reset to factory settings: how do i perform a factory rest with windows 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-wipe-my-pc-and-reset-to-factory-settings/de5d4fd0-1476-4c53-b548-7ecaaf4a28d9
  9. How do I reset my settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I reset my settings?: I can't reset my settings because I need my password. I do not know my password because I have never known it exists, windows forces this pin bullshit down my throat so I have to use that. I cannot reset my password because I don't have internet. I am trying to reset my...
  10. Resetting PC doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting PC doesnt work: So im trying to factory reset an older alienware gaming computer, I go through all the right settings and when I initiate the reset, it says its restarting, then the screen goes away and doesnt come back, even though the pc is on, I force shut it down and turned it back on...