Windows 10: how do I reset windows explorer?

Discus and support how do I reset windows explorer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I lost internet explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HelmutMoorkamp, Aug 13, 2018.

1. how do I reset windows explorer?

I lost internet explorer

:)

HelmutMoorkamp, Aug 13, 2018

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2018
  4. mixa Win User

how do I reset windows explorer?

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

how do I reset windows explorer? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

how do I reset windows explorer?

1. how do I reset windows explorer? - Similar Threads - reset explorer

2. i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different: i got my pc reset by a repair shop for ram and other stuff and now microsoft edge, file explorer fonts look a bit different. here are some examples:-...
  3. i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different: i got my pc reset by a repair shop for ram and other stuff and now microsoft edge, file explorer fonts look a bit different. here are some examples:-...
  4. i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.: Sometimes when I log into my computer the desktop will kind of flash and reset, as if it’s trying to open a program or something. It makes it unusable until I go into task manager and end the windows explorer task. But once I do that my screen goes black and I can’t do...
  6. Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.

Settings won’t open, computer resets and windows explorer is bugged.: Sometimes when I log into my computer the desktop will kind of flash and reset, as if it’s trying to open a program or something. It makes it unusable until I go into task manager and end the windows explorer task. But once I do that my screen goes black and I can’t do...
  7. Im having many troubles with my games and file explorer on windows 11 pro even after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im having many troubles with my games and file explorer on windows 11 pro even after reset: Hello my pc has started crashing maybe start of January, It will occur basically everytime i open a game and try go onto online but some crash without me even going into a game mode, after my game crashes it randomly open my file explorer to the drive my game/app is installed...
  8. Im having many troubles with my games and file explorer on windows 11 pro even after reset

Im having many troubles with my games and file explorer on windows 11 pro even after reset: Hello my pc has started crashing maybe start of January, It will occur basically everytime i open a game and try go onto online but some crash without me even going into a game mode, after my game crashes it randomly open my file explorer to the drive my game/app is installed...
  9. Why are desktop icons being reset while my second monitor is plugged in and explorer restarts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are desktop icons being reset while my second monitor is plugged in and explorer restarts?: LINK TO VIDEOSummary of what is happening: Whenever windows explorer is restarted in any way like restarting the computer or manually closing explorer, if there are any icons on the very right of the screen, all icons are reset to their previous locations. The bug is only...
  10. Why are desktop icons being reset while my second monitor is plugged in and explorer restarts?

Why are desktop icons being reset while my second monitor is plugged in and explorer restarts?: LINK TO VIDEOSummary of what is happening: Whenever windows explorer is restarted in any way like restarting the computer or manually closing explorer, if there are any icons on the very right of the screen, all icons are reset to their previous locations. The bug is only...