Windows 10: how do i restore "microsoft store" in start menu?

Discus and support how do i restore "microsoft store" in start menu? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; as seen in this image, start menu is missing., this after i fixed another user acct corruption earlier.*Confused*Tongue [img] 80167 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pathfinder, Mar 24, 2017.

1. how do i restore "microsoft store" in start menu?

as seen in this image, start menu is missing., this after i fixed another user acct corruption earlier.*Confused*Tongue

how do i restore "microsoft store" in start menu? [​IMG]

:)

Pathfinder, Mar 24, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Mar 24, 2017
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Mar 24, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

how do i restore "microsoft store" in start menu?

You could try the following in Settings, System, All Apps.

dencal, Mar 24, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Pathfinder, *Smile

You might see if resetting the Store app using the method in the tutorial below may help.

Reset App in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 24, 2017
  6. i did that and still it doesnt showup in start menu, even though its on default list. i even ran Re-register_Store.bat file.. as well as reset store

ok, ive got it back...but i cant sign in lmao*cry

Pathfinder, Mar 24, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 24, 2017
  8. how do i restore "microsoft store" in start menu?

see heres the store. i click sign in and nothing happens

how do i restore "microsoft store" in start menu? [​IMG]

Pathfinder, Mar 24, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, that sure would make it hard to sign in.

You might see if resetting the Store app one more time may toggle it to work properly afterwards.

If all else fails, you could do a repair install that should fix it without losing anything.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Brink, Mar 24, 2017
  10. eww reset..refresh? i have already reset pc and refreshed in previous timelines and re edited all the settings ..i dont think it is applicable right now. although i will bookmark that link. thx for help i appreciate it.

Pathfinder, Mar 24, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Not to refresh or reset, but to repair install instead.

Brink, Mar 24, 2017
  12. You know bro, i wish i could create restore points...but they takeup a lot of space. The last point i had to delete was before last reset after pc crashed..i had to do aclean uninstall/reinstall and start from scratch. In a fantasy scenario, i would rather create restore points on an external hdd

Pathfinder, Mar 24, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

That would be nice to be able to select where to save restore points for all drives instead of just on the drive it's for.

Brink, Mar 24, 2017
  14. dencal Win User
    Something you could try?.....click on set default by app (bottom attachment)...under Reset....see post #2
    Scroll down to Store....click on it for more information before clicking ok.

dencal, Mar 25, 2017
  15. Edwin New Member
    Another alternative backup plan would be:
    Type shell:appsfolder into a Run box, press Enter, create shortcuts, (right click, create shortcut, send to desktop instead), of all the UWP Apps you'd like to backup, gather up all those shortcuts from the desktop, put them in a specific folder somewhere on C:
    If you loose an app, many of the default ones can be re-instated simply by going to that folder and clicking on the appropriate shortcut, Store being one of them.

Edwin, Mar 25, 2017
Thema:

1. how do i restore "microsoft store" in start menu? - Similar Threads - restore microsoft store

2. How do I restore classic Start menu on Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore classic Start menu on Windows 11 Home?: Reading some tutorials, beelping computer and alphr suggest changing a value in the registry editor to bring back the classic start menu. But I don't have that registry by default. Alternatively, minitool suggests adding the registry manually and setting the value. Doing that...
  3. How do I restore classic Start menu on Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore classic Start menu on Windows 11 Home?: Reading some tutorials, beelping computer and alphr suggest changing a value in the registry editor to bring back the classic start menu. But I don't have that registry by default. Alternatively, minitool suggests adding the registry manually and setting the value. Doing that...
  4. How do I restore Microsoft Store/WindowsApps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore Microsoft Store/WindowsApps?: Pertinent computer info:Device name Denver Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable Device ID 66049179-4A7A-4D43-979A-587995C5B0C7 Product ID 00325-96108-90623-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...
  5. How do I restore Microsoft Store/WindowsApps?

How do I restore Microsoft Store/WindowsApps?: Pertinent computer info:Device name Denver Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable Device ID 66049179-4A7A-4D43-979A-587995C5B0C7 Product ID 00325-96108-90623-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...
  6. How do I restore Microsoft Store/WindowsApps?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. How can I restore function to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore function to the start menu?: My start meu and Windows Key is not working. No pop up window. As well the StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is missing. Tried a number of things using Task Manager including a restart WindowsExplorer, no affect. Prior to that the Task Bar disappeared. I managed to get it to...
  8. How can I restore function to the start menu?

How can I restore function to the start menu?: My start meu and Windows Key is not working. No pop up window. As well the StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is missing. Tried a number of things using Task Manager including a restart WindowsExplorer, no affect. Prior to that the Task Bar disappeared. I managed to get it to...
  9. How do I restore my start menu groups?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I restore my start menu groups?: So basically, I was just cleaning my group categories to make them look more nicer. Then I accidentally delete my last group. Now I can only see my Start Menu. No groups. Could someone help me?...
  10. How do I restore Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I restore Start Menu Apps: Over time, I've deleted almost all the Apps that showed in the Start menu. Now I'd like to put them all back and set the Start Menu so it shows all the original Apps. I've run this command from a Elevated Power Shell several times and it runs to completion then stops and...