Windows 10: How do I Restore My Built-In Speakers as Playback Device?

Discus and support How do I Restore My Built-In Speakers as Playback Device? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I wanted to temporarily disable my built-in speakers. I went to Control Panel. Clicked on "Sound" which displayed my menu of playback devices.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Discipulus, Oct 11, 2015.

1. How do I Restore My Built-In Speakers as Playback Device?

I wanted to temporarily disable my built-in speakers.

I went to Control Panel.
    Clicked on "Sound" which displayed my menu of playback devices.
    Clicked on my built-in speakers.
    Clicked on "Properties."
    Clicked on "Disable."

However this removed my speakers entirely from the menu and I can no longer use them!
    How do I restore them?

I went to my Device Manager and the drivers are still loaded.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Discipulus, Oct 11, 2015

2. Headphones don't work

Hey,

Thanks for the reply!

When either of my sets of headphones are plugged in, neither of them appear as a playback device. The only playback device available is the speakers that are built into my laptop.

However, checking the built-in speakers, the left one was set at 40% the value of the right one. Changing them to the same values solves the problem.

Thank you for the help! <3

Adam

AdamDavies_829, Oct 11, 2015
  3. Headset replaces the speakers

When i connect my headset it "replaces" the speakers.

Headphones do not occure as a separate devices in playback devices(disabled devices too), but they start working INSTEAD of speakers.

So this is how it looks like:

I have my Speakers in the playback devices. I connect headset - microphone appears in the recording devices, but nothign changes in the playback devices, howerver, the sound is now being run through the headphones and i cannot make it run through speakers unless
    i disattach the headphone cable. How to fix it?

I want my headphones listed as a separate device, so i can run different sound though speakers and headphones, for instance - games and communication.

MaksymMalovichcko, Oct 11, 2015
  4. How do I Restore My Built-In Speakers as Playback Device?

I was uninstalling some software and did a reboot. Windows 10 detected there was a problem and asked if I wanted to Troubleshoot? I said yes, and it fixed it.

Glitch? Bug? I am a novice compared to the rest of you, so have no idea.

But obviously it was not supposed to totally erase the built-in speakers from the menu of playback devices, but at the same time it saw its mistake and corrected it.

Discipulus, Oct 11, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    That's an old thing, not on W10 only, better thing to do is just to choose another device as default.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I Restore My Built-In Speakers as Playback Device?

1. How do I Restore My Built-In Speakers as Playback Device? - Similar Threads - Restore Built Speakers

2. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker devices now showing in playback devices: I was re installing my pc, but it ended the speaker audio devices not showing its only showing Audio Digital HDMI because i use speaker so the sound isn't coming out, i already do troubleshoot, update, and uninstall the driver, but i still can't fix the problem....
  3. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker devices now showing in playback devices: I was re installing my pc, but it ended the speaker audio devices not showing its only showing Audio Digital HDMI because i use speaker so the sound isn't coming out, i already do troubleshoot, update, and uninstall the driver, but i still can't fix the problem....
  4. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Acer monitor with built-in speakers showing up as playback device, but not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer monitor with built-in speakers showing up as playback device, but not working: I have a PC with a 1660 Super, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, and it's connect to an Acer KA series monitor with built-in speakers. They've been working fine for about a year but today I tried to use the built-in speakers and they wouldn't work. My headphones still work, but no sound...
  6. Acer monitor with built-in speakers showing up as playback device, but not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer monitor with built-in speakers showing up as playback device, but not working: I have a PC with a 1660 Super, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, and it's connect to an Acer KA series monitor with built-in speakers. They've been working fine for about a year but today I tried to use the built-in speakers and they wouldn't work. My headphones still work, but no sound...
  7. Acer monitor with built-in speakers showing up as playback device, but not working

8. How can i add another playback device as my speakers? (Audio)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i add another playback device as my speakers? (Audio): my headphones jackplug its stuck inside my pc :( and i want sound but the same playback device is for my internal Speakers and my Headphones, is there a way to add another one as my Speakers or just Enable/unlock my Speakers??? pls i need help, im tired of being like this...
  9. Can't choose my speaker in the playback devices

Can't choose my speaker in the playback devices: Hello, here is my situation. I have formated my desktop and now I can't choose if I want to use my speaker in the playback devices. The olny way I can listen in my speaker, is unplugging my headphone. Note that BOTH of them works. I already uninstalled/installed all my...
  10. No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices

No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices: I have no sound on my new Windows 10 PC. Things I've tried: 1) Uninstalled and reinstalled sound drivers with multiple restarts 2) Checked power is connected 3) Checked speakers are connected via the green jack There's another fix I was trying in the Playback Devices...