Windows 10: How do I restore Start Menu Apps

Discus and support How do I restore Start Menu Apps in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Over time, I've deleted almost all the Apps that showed in the Start menu. Now I'd like to put them all back and set the Start Menu so it shows all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Ztruker, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Ztruker Win User

How do I restore Start Menu Apps

Over time, I've deleted almost all the Apps that showed in the Start menu. Now I'd like to put them all back and set the Start Menu so it shows all the original Apps.

I've run this command from a Elevated Power Shell several times and it runs to completion then stops and restarts Explorer, but the Start Menu still shows only the two apps I left there.

Code: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote]
    How do I restore Start Menu Apps [​IMG]

:)

Ztruker, Jun 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 shortcut apps missing

Original title: Windows 10 App Short cuts on the Start Menu

All my app short cuts are gone off the Start menu. How do I restore them?

Tony M_814, Jun 3, 2016
  3. Unpinned apps from Start Menu. How do I restore/repair/reinstall/repin apps to Start Menu

Hello,

To pin apps to Start, just follow these steps:

• Press Windows key > All apps.
    • Right-click the app you want to pin.
    • Select Pin to Start.
    Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Regile Reb, Jun 3, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

[/quote] I've done a few apps the hard way, find them in the All Apps list and right-click a program, click Pin to Start which has always added to the bottom of the Tiles section then I could click and drag them to organization I desired. Other than that it might take a Reset but I dislike having to reinstall programs if not necessary for any other reason. I've had a few where I had to locate the .exe file and create a shortcut on the Desktop then Pin that to either Start or Taskbar.

Berton, Jun 3, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    [/quote] 1. How-to-Geek has a tutorial on uninstalling and re-install built-in apps in Windows 10.
    At the end of the part about re-installing, it says this...........................
    This tells Windows to install those default apps again. Give it some time and allow it to finish, even if nothing appears to happen at first. Even if you see an error message, restart and examine your Start menu — you may just have all those default apps back again, anyway.

2. Would you consider reinstalling Windows 10 ?

davidhk, Jun 3, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Yes, staring a clean install now. The more I read, the more it looked like my deleting the apps via Powershell commands meant I had to re-install them from the App store. Clean install is a better way.

Ztruker, Jun 3, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Clean install fixed it (of course). Took about 4 hours start to finish to get everything back where I started from, with all Apps back in place. Next is a image backup so I can always get back to where I'm at now.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I restore Start Menu Apps - Similar Threads - restore Start Menu

2. How can I restore function to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore function to the start menu?: My start meu and Windows Key is not working. No pop up window. As well the StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is missing. Tried a number of things using Task Manager including a restart WindowsExplorer, no affect. Prior to that the Task Bar disappeared. I managed to get it to...
  3. How can I restore function to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore function to the start menu?: My start meu and Windows Key is not working. No pop up window. As well the StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is missing. Tried a number of things using Task Manager including a restart WindowsExplorer, no affect. Prior to that the Task Bar disappeared. I managed to get it to...
  4. Need help restoring apps to start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help restoring apps to start menu: Hi, I was having trouble launching the new Microsoft launcher for Minecraft the other day so I searched and found a solution here on the community board and I did what it said. It didn't fix the problem for anyone in the thread, including myself, and instead seems to have...
  5. Need help restoring apps to start menu

Need help restoring apps to start menu: Hi, I was having trouble launching the new Microsoft launcher for Minecraft the other day so I searched and found a solution here on the community board and I did what it said. It didn't fix the problem for anyone in the thread, including myself, and instead seems to have...
  6. How do I restore my start menu groups?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I restore my start menu groups?: So basically, I was just cleaning my group categories to make them look more nicer. Then I accidentally delete my last group. Now I can only see my Start Menu. No groups. Could someone help me?...
  7. How do i make apps in the start menu transparent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i make apps in the start menu transparent: So i've been trying to make the background of apps in the start menu transparent, so i could see my background even better. I enabled transparency effects already and searched the internet to find the solution but just can't find one. I would really appreciate it if anyone...
  8. how do i restore "microsoft store" in start menu?

how do i restore "microsoft store" in start menu?: as seen in this image, start menu is missing., this after i fixed another user acct corruption earlier.*Confused*Tongue [img] 80167
  9. Restore points breaking start menu apps

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore points breaking start menu apps: Does anyone else have the problem of restoring from a restore point causing the Start Menu Apps to crash? After restoring from a restore point, every time apps such as Weather, Sports, any Store app requiring communication, crashes. I've been having this problem since build...
  10. Restore start menu apps to default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore start menu apps to default: I unpinned a lot of the apps from the Start menu, now I'd like to restore it to it's installation default. Any way to do this? 7765

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 get-appxpackage allusers register activte all apps