Windows 10: How do i restore the windows store? or reinstall windows store.

Discus and support How do i restore the windows store? or reinstall windows store. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi gurus, I have been facing issue with latest windows 10 mandatory update which i had to do on 10 Nov. Not sure which version that was. After that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by viky, Dec 13, 2015.

1. viky Win User

How do i restore the windows store? or reinstall windows store.

hi gurus,

I have been facing issue with latest windows 10 mandatory update which i had to do on 10 Nov. Not sure which version that was. After that update which took around 2 hours, I got the screen flashing issue which got resolved after deselecting the windows error reporting and problem reporting services.
    Then started to face the issue that png/jpeg files were not opening in windows photo viewer app. Getting error, "cannot open because the app is updating."
    To resolve this I did the powershell command to remove the restrictions. After that I saw that the windows store icon totally dissappeared from the status bar.
    When I type store in cortana I get :

How do i restore the windows store? or reinstall windows store. [​IMG]

I tried doing the re-registration of the windows store app but it gave exception.

:)

2. How do I fix or reinstall the windows store (beta)?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Are you facing any issues with Windows store?

If you’re facing any issues then I suggest you to follow the below steps:

First I suggest you to reboot the system and check if it helps:

If the issue persist then try the following steps from the below Microsoft help article:

Troubleshoot problems with an app

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

If still the issue persist then I would suggest you to clear the store cache:

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard.
    • Type “wsreset.exe” and press “Enter”.
    • Reboot the computer and then check if you still face this issue.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Dec 13, 2015
  3. DJ MissJ Win User
    How do I fix or reinstall the windows store (beta)?

I had the same issue and they have same advice always, it never works. I had to go back clean install to win 8.1 since no one any where could answer the same question. You could try reinstalling win 10 that may help, otherwise it maybe a lost cause they
    cant fix yet.

Hope you find your answer soon. Best of luck to you.

DJ MissJ, Dec 13, 2015
  4. Almighty1 Win User

Almighty1, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

1. How do i restore the windows store? or reinstall windows store. - Similar Threads - restore store reinstall

2. How do I reinstall the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall the Microsoft Store?: Hello there,I've ben having problems with my Microsoft Store recently. A couple days ago, when I tried to install an app from there, it would be on the pending part infinitely. I think I might of accidentally deleted a related file in the System32 folder.I've tried doing the...
  3. How do I reinstall the Microsoft Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I reinstall the Microsoft Store?: Hello there,I've ben having problems with my Microsoft Store recently. A couple days ago, when I tried to install an app from there, it would be on the pending part infinitely. I think I might of accidentally deleted a related file in the System32 folder.I've tried doing the...
  4. How do I reinstall the microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall the microsoft store?: I just factory reset my pc a few days ago and noticed that apps weren't downloading off the the microsoft store. I repaired and reset the app and then out of no where the app disappeared. I've tried reinstalling it multiple times and it says there is a higher version...
  5. How do I reinstall Microsoft Store?

How do I reinstall Microsoft Store?: Hi, my son had a new gaming pc for Christmas but were couldn't open Microsoft Store. I tried some trouble shooting but managed to delete the app. How can I reinstall Microsoft store?I have tried the using Windows Powershell admin but the window won't open for me to type in...
  6. How do I reinstall Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall Microsoft Store?: Hi, my son had a new gaming pc for Christmas but were couldn't open Microsoft Store. I tried some trouble shooting but managed to delete the app. How can I reinstall Microsoft store?I have tried the using Windows Powershell admin but the window won't open for me to type in...
  7. How do I reinstall Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do i reinstall Microsoft store?

How do i reinstall Microsoft store?: Hello, So yesterday I reseted my computer since it wasn't working, however i realized today that Microsoft store was not on my computer. I went to the web based Windows Store to download apps, but nothing downloads upon clicking the "Get the app" link but nothing happened....
  9. How do i fully reinstall Windows Store?

How do i fully reinstall Windows Store?: I've updated Windows Store in Insider build and it seemed to be stuck, so i reset it and now it's permanently broken. I did the powershell reinstall app thing but that didn't work either. The windows store icon is greyed out with an exclamation mark on it....
  10. Window Store stopped - how do I restore

Window Store stopped - how do I restore: With latest Win 10 update, both Windows Store and Microsoft Solitare Collection stopped working. How do I restore Windows Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-store-stopped-how-do-i-restore/d8118562-e576-4f75-9103-318cd2c37a1e"