Windows 10: How do I restore windows 10 to its previous state after a "reset?"

Discus and support How do I restore windows 10 to its previous state after a "reset?" in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I think we've all been there Don't forget to make a backup / image on to a separate drive once you are all done *Smile I usually do because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Aloupha, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Aloupha Win User

How do I restore windows 10 to its previous state after a "reset?"

I usually do because I learned that lesson a long time ago. Unfortunately, I had been too busy to install my Acronis True Image Director backup after I installed Windows 10.

I might even do a clean install before I install all of my software back for the simple fact that a "reset" is not a clean install. Plus, I am seeing some issues (i.e. when I right click on my desktop, I get a straight line without any texts) that I don't really want to bother troubleshoot

Aloupha, Sep 17, 2015
  2. Aloupha Win User

Well, I plugged the old computer back in the same place, and it's been running for over an hour. My custom build computer has not random reboot [at least not yet]. Now, I am totally confused. *Huh

Edit: it looks like the problem returned. Since this problem is a total different topic, I'll start a new thread.

Aloupha, Sep 17, 2015
  3. XweAponX Win User
    I did, once. Never again. It was a huge mess. Pcs come to me all the time that had been set up like that, new OS over old. I won't try to repair em like that, I'll backup all their data and do a fresh install, a real one.

XweAponX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I restore windows 10 to its previous state after a "reset?"

1. How do I restore windows 10 to its previous state after a "reset?" - Similar Threads - restore previous state

2. How to restore my windows 10 to its previous state before it was booted into Windows to go...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore my windows 10 to its previous state before it was booted into Windows to go...: I have tried everything possible, but each time I attempt cancelling windows to go from the control panel, the registry...ect. Or even reinstalling windows 10, it always declare to me that doing this action is not possible when in windows to go! So basically whatever I do to...
  3. How to restore my windows 10 to its previous state before it was booted into Windows to go...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore my windows 10 to its previous state before it was booted into Windows to go...: I have tried everything possible, but each time I attempt cancelling windows to go from the control panel, the registry...ect. Or even reinstalling windows 10, it always declare to me that doing this action is not possible when in windows to go! So basically whatever I do to...
  4. How to restore my windows 10 to its previous state before it was booted into Windows to go...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore my windows 10 to its previous state before it was booted into Windows to go...: I have tried everything possible, but each time I attempt cancelling windows to go from the control panel, the registry...ect. Or even reinstalling windows 10, it always declare to me that doing this action is not possible when in windows to go!...
  5. Windows 11 crashed and restored to some previous state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crashed and restored to some previous state: I was browsing the internet, and my windows abruptly crashed after pressing some buttons, a blue screen got displayed saying there was some problem with your computer, and it automatically restarted, it took a bit of time for the restart and when it got restarted i was...
  6. Windows 11 crashed and restored to some previous state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 crashed and restored to some previous state: I was browsing the internet, and my windows abruptly crashed after pressing some buttons, a blue screen got displayed saying there was some problem with your computer, and it automatically restarted, it took a bit of time for the restart and when it got restarted i was...
  7. Hibernate does not restore the previous state of the PC. How to fix it?

in Windows 10 News
    Hibernate does not restore the previous state of the PC. How to fix it?: Hibernation allows Windows 10 PC to resume the same state as before it went to hibernation. It comes in handy when you do want to put it in sleep mode. However, if you face a problem where Hibernate does not restore the previous state of the PC, this post will help you...
  8. Hibernate does not restore previous state of PC. How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernate does not restore previous state of PC. How to fix it?: I have many apps open and want to Hibernate, shut down PC completely and then boot it up and restore my work from exact state I left it. But when I boot up - all running apps are gone and I need to open them again one by one. Maybe there is an alternative to hibernate to save...
  9. Update on previous post: nothing is working to restore the computer to its previous state,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update on previous post: nothing is working to restore the computer to its previous state,...: I've tried using windows.old to recover my files, I've scoured the new reset files for my old files, I've done all that and they're no where to be found. I even tried to restore the computer with System Restore and the only restoration date available is today at 8:38 PM, 2 or...
  10. how do i restore previous settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i restore previous settings: How can I restore previous settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-do-i-restore-previous-settings/1a8341e1-5732-4f12-815f-e0a5d1885d5a