Windows 10: How do I resume install of Win10 after power outage and July 29

Discus and support How do I resume install of Win10 after power outage and July 29 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello TenForums, During the install of Win10 on July 29 there was a power outage. The first retry was successful using the Media Creation Tool on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hajjahanisa, Jul 30, 2016.

1. How do I resume install of Win10 after power outage and July 29

Hello TenForums,

During the install of Win10 on July 29 there was a power outage. The first retry was successful using the Media Creation Tool on the 30th then another outage that interrupted the download the same evening. I tried to resume using the Media Creation Tool on the 31st...its not working. The msg regarding the MCT is "there was a problem starting Setup..."

Please provide me with assistance to finish this process. The time period gap in attempting to resume is because I am updating my small office computer that is away from my home.

-

:)

hajjahanisa, Jul 30, 2016

2. SSD damaged after power outage how do I install Windows 10 to a new drive?

hello bezieh,

you can clean install windows 10 on a new hard drive if you successfully upgraded your PC to windows 10.

I can understand your doubts. no need to worry about loosing your license.
    Microsoft had introduced a new method of registering windows 10. when we upgrade a PC to windows 10, the windows servers recognizes the motherboard ID of your computer to grant unique ID to your copy of windows 10. So once you upgrade and successfully activate
    the OS you can clean install windows 10 on the same PC any possible number of times.

and you don't need to worry about installing the OS on a new hard drive. since windows 10 recognizes motherboard ID, you can clean install the OS on a new hard drive. you will not face any activation issues.( I advice you not to change too many things
    on motherboard, just hard drive for now is safe).

STEPS TO CLEAN INSTALL WINDOWS10:

1)use your pc or laptop (or another PC incase current PC is not fit for normal operations) and download the media creation tool from

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10.

2)make sure to download the appropriate version i.e. either 32 bit tool or 64 bit tool. the media creation tool will run on any windows OS . download that architecture of the tool which your computer OS has on which you want to run the tool.

3)after running the tool you will have to choose "create installation media for another pc"
    option and follow the steps. MAKE SURE THAT YOU CHOOSE TO CREATE THE EXACT SAME VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 THAT YOUR PC RUNS OR YOU UPGRADED TO i.e. if it runs windows 10 pro 64 bit then choose windows 10 pro 64 bit.

4)choose either usb or dvd disk as per your choice (I would advice to go with USB) to create installation media.

5)once the procedure is completed then remove the installation media and insert it into your windows 10 pc.

6)start your pc and as soon as you see the boot screen press F2 or F12 to access the bios(function keys can differ from computer to computer). From the boot options select the usb or dvd disk on which media creation tool is created and then press enter.

7)installation procedure will start. if it asks for product key select skip option. select the drive on which you want to install and just clean install the os.
    when clean installing, you will be asked twice to enter Product key or license. First when on initial start up choose "SKIP THIS" option and when asked after installation but just before opening choose "DO THIS LATER" option.

i hope it helps and have a go at the F.A.Q's on media creation tool on Microsoft website.

Windows 10 herunterladen

archangle11, Jul 30, 2016
  3. Bezieh Win User
    SSD damaged after power outage how do I install Windows 10 to a new drive?

So I had Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8 OEM on an SSD. The drive stopped being recognised after a power outage. (I have tried a power cycle with it)

So I removed all drives (1 TB HDD, 240 SSD and the faulty 120 SSD with Windows 10 on it) and I inserted an old SSD that I wiped, cleaned and partitioned using command prompt so I could install Windows 8 to it hoping to be able to upgrade to 10 because it's
    still the same hardware just with a different drive.

Ive not been able to install Windows 10 on this new drive, or use my other two working drives in conjunction with this new drive or get my 120 OS drive working either.

Please help me.

Bezieh, Jul 30, 2016
  4. Barman58 Win User

How do I resume install of Win10 after power outage and July 29

Sorry There is no way to upgrade after the free upgrade offer finished except by purchasing a copy of windows 10 - the offer has been active for a year so Microsoft is not moving on this at all and there are no plans for further similar offers at present

Barman58, Jul 31, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Luckily, Microsoft has extended free activations for 2 more weeks.

NavyLCDR, Jul 31, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    That's new information. Could you provide a link to an official MS article / blog post confirming this?

7. That sounds wonderful...eager for link like Kari... just did a seach...processor Google is not returning anything on extended time for win10...

hajjahanisa, Jul 31, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

This is the source:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...0ffe9dd?auth=1

And since there is the official Microsoft policy of the free upgrade for assistive technology users it also makes sense that the activation servers are not rejecting new upgrade activations because to the best of my knowledge there is no special activation process set aside for that.

NavyLCDR, Jul 31, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    Just trying it now with an activated 8.1 home version I had in a vm.

I tried the assistative website (I am a deaf hearing aid user so I legimately count), but it crapped out at last minute and rolled back.

cereberus, Jul 31, 2016
  10. Kari Win User
  11. Barman58 Win User
    Using the assistive technology offer without qualifying is against the spirit of the offer and thus piracy - This forum does not condone piracy in any form and members have already been banned for suggesting this option

Barman58, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I resume install of Win10 after power outage and July 29 - Similar Threads - resume install Win10

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. How do I get my xfinity email after power outage?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get my xfinity email after power outage?: Had a power outage and my desktop was on. When I turned it back on all I get is Microsoft page and can't get my email through comcast. Nothing comes up on Microsoft page. What do I do to get my info back?...
  4. Trouble after power outage

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trouble after power outage: Last night we has a short, flicker-type power outage. My computer and my DVR are the only things it shut down. When I turned my computer back on, I first got my lock screen, like normal, then when I clicked to get the sign-in screen, I got a blue screen where I had to sign...
  5. Windows10 after power outage

Windows10 after power outage: After a power outage, my Windows10 will not reboot properly. I have a back screen with a few limited icons. Recovery under Settings does not eliminate the problem. I cannot access any of my working files. Can anyone help advise please?...
  6. Will GenuineTicket.xml work after July 29?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will GenuineTicket.xml work after July 29?: Hello, Quick question. Does anyone know if I run gatherosstate today and create a GenuineTicket.xml file, can I perform a clean install on my Windows 7 computer AFTER July 29? My reasons are complicated, but I just need to know if anyone knows for sure if this will work....
  7. How to get Windows 10 after July 29

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get Windows 10 after July 29: I have Windows 8.1 and am not upgrading to Windows 10 for awhile to see how things go. I noticed today July 29th that the upgrade icon in my taskbar disappeared. So when I decide to upgrade will I need to go to Windows Update or Windows Store ? 9424
  8. what happens after 29 July

what happens after 29 July: What happens after 29 July 2016 if you have to (or just want to) reformat a machine that either had windows 8 preinstalled (the case with my laptop) or had an OEM windows 7 home premium disc (my desktop). Out of curiosity could I reformat and revert to windows 7 on the...
  9. How do I upgrade my Win 7 computer on July 29?

How do I upgrade my Win 7 computer on July 29?: Yes I'm a Windows Insider and should get the release version of Win 10 on the 29th based on my usual fast "flight" fairly quickly for my Win 10 preview installation. Based on my email address will that give me a reasonably early download of Win 10 on my Win 7 computer? If not...
  10. 29 July events

in Windows 10 News
    29 July events: Check the MS Facebook page for launch events JUL 29 Windows 10 Launch Event with NHL Selke Trophy Winner Patrice Bergeron Microsoft Store The Shops at Prudential Center in Boston, Massachusetts 7:00am in EDT -27 people are going Windows 10 Launch Event with World...