Windows 10: How do I return to Windows 7

Discus and support How do I return to Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Windows 10 experts, Windows 10 has been a frustrating problem and huge annoyance for me! I won't go into all of the crashes and problems. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Scoots, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Scoots Win User

How do I return to Windows 7

Hello Windows 10 experts,
    Windows 10 has been a frustrating problem and huge annoyance for me! I won't go into all of the crashes and problems. There is nothing in this operating system that I find of value! *Mad

I would rather return to Windows 7. How can I do that without losing my stored files?

Thanks for your assistance

:)

Scoots, Sep 17, 2015
  2. Geethu B Win User

How do I return to Windows 7?

Hi Karin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer the section "Go back to your previous version of Windows" in the following article.

Recovery options in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 17, 2015
  3. How do I return to Windows 7?

I'm looking for specific, systematic, concise steps on how to return to Windows 7, so far I'm not able to find support for this process.

KarinRichardson555, Sep 17, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Scoots, *Smile

If you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, haven't deleted the Windows.old folder, and it hasn't been longer than 31 days since you upgraded to Windows 10, then you can use the method in the tutorial below to go back to Windows 7 without losing files in your user folders.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...s-windows.html

If the above is not an option, then I'm afraid that you may need to clean install Windows 7 unless you have a system image of Windows 7 that you can restore.

Brink, Sep 17, 2015
  5. Scoots Win User
    Thank you, Brink .
    I'm back to Windows 7, lost no files and I'm a very happy camper *Party

Scoots, Sep 18, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. Great news. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I return to Windows 7 - Similar Threads - return

2. Local IP returned instead of remote VPN's IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local IP returned instead of remote VPN's IP: Hi for several years both in win7 and now win10 I have a VPN to a remote Draytek router in the UK. All worked very well. BUT: Between July this year and now (Oct) something has changed and exceeds my expertise to correct. I can set things to either: (a) connect to sites...
  3. windows 10 search bar returns an invalid link for Visual Studio 2019

in Cortana
    windows 10 search bar returns an invalid link for Visual Studio 2019: Hi! TIA for your help. I re-installed Visual Studio 2019 and despite the installer creating the correct ".lnk" file in the Start Menu folder in ProgramData, when you type "Vis" in the search bar the link does not work. The search result looks like this: [ATTACH] I...
  4. CORRUPTED RECYCLE BIN - DELETE IN COMMAND PROMPT RETURNS "SYSTEM CANNOT FIND PATH SPECIFIED"

CORRUPTED RECYCLE BIN - DELETE IN COMMAND PROMPT RETURNS "SYSTEM CANNOT FIND PATH SPECIFIED": When "System cannot find path specified" is message returned while trying to delete $RECYCLE BIN (e.g. A corrupted recycle bin) via command prompt ">rd /s "[drive]:\$recycle.bin". What to do? From my own experience and that of other users. I've noticed that this situation...
  5. Win 10 64 bit 1903 File-Explorer search returns variable results

Win 10 64 bit 1903 File-Explorer search returns variable results: Win 10 64 bit 1903 (N) version and YES it has been 'refreshed' without change to the results. (Properties - OS partition:- 490GB size 210GB used 637,000 files (100K in C:\Users 100K in c:\Program Files 330K in C:\Windows) using Admin level userid, File-explorer...
  6. Network adapters returning code 31 or 56

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapters returning code 31 or 56: Hi I am trying to install Open-VPN and saw that every single time i try to install Tap-Windows i get an error and if i check windows device manager, I am returned with Code 56. I am also noticing this when I tried to install physical wlan Wi-Fi adapters from Netgear and I got...
  7. how do I return from two pages on the screen to one? thank you

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I return from two pages on the screen to one? thank you: how do I return from two pages on the screen to one? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-from-two-pages-on-the-screen-to/5781c0cb-8baa-483f-8bbf-8aba87002bac
  8. Mysterious folders in Downloads, edited up to several times a day, return when deleted.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mysterious folders in Downloads, edited up to several times a day, return when deleted.: Hello Microsoft Forum, around a month or two ago the folders in the picture below have started appearing in very large numbers. Unfortunately I was unable to isolate the cause of this. I have run several AntiMalware programs and they seem harmless for now, I have also...
  9. Why Does My windows Update Keep Returning Me To The Previous Version

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why Does My windows Update Keep Returning Me To The Previous Version: Windows keeps prompting me with a mandatory update that must be scheduled. However, when I let it update, not only does it take nearly 30 minutes to complete, but it reverts me back to the previous version of windows at the end... Then, once I use my computer again, it...
  10. Windows continually updating issue returns...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows continually updating issue returns...: I had this issue before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-updating-again-and-again-3-4-times-a/c7466f0a-60aa-4cbf-8072-d8105e21c35f The last solution worked for me... now it's back and that solution isn't working. Thoughts anyone?? It...