Windows 10: How do I return to Windows 7

Discus and support How do I return to Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Windows 10 experts, Windows 10 has been a frustrating problem and huge annoyance for me! I won't go into all of the crashes and problems. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Scoots, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Scoots Win User

How do I return to Windows 7

Hello Windows 10 experts,
    Windows 10 has been a frustrating problem and huge annoyance for me! I won't go into all of the crashes and problems. There is nothing in this operating system that I find of value! *Mad

I would rather return to Windows 7. How can I do that without losing my stored files?

Thanks for your assistance

:)

Scoots, Sep 17, 2015
  2. Geethu B Win User

How do I return to Windows 7?

Hi Karin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer the section "Go back to your previous version of Windows" in the following article.

Recovery options in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 17, 2015
  3. How do I return to Windows 7?

I'm looking for specific, systematic, concise steps on how to return to Windows 7, so far I'm not able to find support for this process.

KarinRichardson555, Sep 17, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Scoots, *Smile

If you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, haven't deleted the Windows.old folder, and it hasn't been longer than 31 days since you upgraded to Windows 10, then you can use the method in the tutorial below to go back to Windows 7 without losing files in your user folders.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...s-windows.html

If the above is not an option, then I'm afraid that you may need to clean install Windows 7 unless you have a system image of Windows 7 that you can restore.

Brink, Sep 17, 2015
  5. Scoots Win User
    Thank you, Brink .
    I'm back to Windows 7, lost no files and I'm a very happy camper *Party

Scoots, Sep 18, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. Great news. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I return to Windows 7 - Similar Threads - return

2. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321
  3. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321
  4. "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package" when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package" when...: Hello,I'm trying to install WINCC V5.7 on Windows 11 Huawei laptop.Keep receiving the error message "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package".anyone have this problem or can suggest any additional troubleshooting steps?↳Thanks!...
  5. "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package" when...

"Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package" when...: Hello,I'm trying to install WINCC V5.7 on Windows 11 Huawei laptop.Keep receiving the error message "Error 2755. Server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install package".anyone have this problem or can suggest any additional troubleshooting steps?↳Thanks!...
  6. How to remove my profile from Laptop I am returning to seller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove my profile from Laptop I am returning to seller: Need to remove my personal profile from laptop being returned to seller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-my-profile-from-laptop-i-am/884b5ed2-28bc-4943-8b21-4997b207b697
  7. How to remove my profile from Laptop I am returning to seller

How to remove my profile from Laptop I am returning to seller: Need to remove my personal profile from laptop being returned to seller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-my-profile-from-laptop-i-am/884b5ed2-28bc-4943-8b21-4997b207b697
  8. Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.: Hi. Earlier this week I purchased a USB copy of Windows 11 that was to be sent to my PO Box. Nothing in the order told me it couldn’t be shipped to a PO Box, but upon tracking it, I found it was returned to sender on Wednesday. It currently says they are attempting to obtain...
  9. Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.

Device returned to Louisville, KY. Need help.: Hi. Earlier this week I purchased a USB copy of Windows 11 that was to be sent to my PO Box. Nothing in the order told me it couldn’t be shipped to a PO Box, but upon tracking it, I found it was returned to sender on Wednesday. It currently says they are attempting to obtain...
  10. Fix Remote server returned ‘550 5.7.520 Access denied, Your organization does not allow...

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix Remote server returned ‘550 5.7.520 Access denied, Your organization does not allow...: This is a security feature from Microsoft 365 where it will block emails from being forwarded outside the tenant. If you get such a message, this means that the recipient has forwarding set outside its tenant. To allow this feature, follow the below guide. Open the Office...