Windows 10: how do i rip a cd in media player?

Discus and support how do i rip a cd in media player? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 2 hours ago i had the rip c tab, now i do not have it. i put a cd in the drive, and it tells me invalid file name. and this is a cd from the store, not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jeannineperry, Aug 3, 2018.

1. how do i rip a cd in media player?

2 hours ago i had the rip c tab, now i do not have it. i put a cd in the drive, and it tells me invalid file name. and this is a cd from the store, not a burned cd.

:)

jeannineperry, Aug 3, 2018

2. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Unable to rip CD's from Windows Media Player asking for Media rights to cds

Hi Jerrie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about ripping CD's on Windows Media Player.

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check.

Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter find and fix problems with settings in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player Settings and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about:

Burn and rip CDs

Note: The steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 3, 2018
  4. how do i rip a cd in media player?

media player will not rip CD's

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to refer the below links:

Window Media Player 11, not ripping

Window Media Player 11, not ripping

Unable to Rip Audio CD using teh Media player, Windows 7 Ultimate.__Error Pop up : Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD.

Unable to Rip Audio CD using teh Media player, Windows 7 Ultimate.__Error Pop up : Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

how do i rip a cd in media player?

1. how do i rip a cd in media player? - Similar Threads - rip media player

2. Ripping CD to Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ripping CD to Windows Media Player: I'm trying to rip a cd but I keep getting this message: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD. I have ripped 6 others without incident....
  3. Ripping CD to Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ripping CD to Windows Media Player: I'm trying to rip a cd but I keep getting this message: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD. I have ripped 6 others without incident....
  4. Unable to rip a CD in Media Player - "Rip CD" option is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to rip a CD in Media Player - "Rip CD" option is greyed out: When I insert an audio CD and open Media Player, the app reads the CD and can play it just fine, but I am unable to rip it - both the Rip CD and Rip Settings buttons are greyed out. Running Windows 11....
  5. Unable to rip a CD in Media Player - "Rip CD" option is greyed out

Unable to rip a CD in Media Player - "Rip CD" option is greyed out: When I insert an audio CD and open Media Player, the app reads the CD and can play it just fine, but I am unable to rip it - both the Rip CD and Rip Settings buttons are greyed out. Running Windows 11....
  6. How do I rip a cd then burn a copy in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I rip a cd then burn a copy in Windows Media Player: I finally restored Windows Media Player to my PC. Now I'm trying to Rip an audio CD to burn a copy of that CD. I can 't find the RIP CD button. I clicked on create a Playlist. I entered the name of the child's audiobook, Hey Grandude and the Artist, Paul McCartney, yes the...
  7. How do I rip a cd then burn a copy in Windows Media Player

How do I rip a cd then burn a copy in Windows Media Player: I finally restored Windows Media Player to my PC. Now I'm trying to Rip an audio CD to burn a copy of that CD. I can 't find the RIP CD button. I clicked on create a Playlist. I entered the name of the child's audiobook, Hey Grandude and the Artist, Paul McCartney, yes the...
  8. How do I rip a cd then burn a copy in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Ripping cd's in Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ripping cd's in Media Player: I am trying to rip cd's to my laptop using Media Player and keep getting the message 'Media Player cannot rip one or more cd's'. What is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-cds-in-media-player/6b8143b8-eb5f-4154-b930-d4465e9a20d0
  10. CD RIP in Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD RIP in Media Player: RIP option does not come on in Windows Media Player when I load a CD. The songs are shown correctly in the listing but I am unable to rip to file. This has always worked OK before today....