Windows 10: How Do I Save A Document-Specific View Setting In Word 2013?

Discus and support How Do I Save A Document-Specific View Setting In Word 2013? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, I want to save the View settings for a certain document to show the two pages side by side. Check out the attached picture. I press View >... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by pepanee, Jan 1, 2017.

1. pepanee Win User

How Do I Save A Document-Specific View Setting In Word 2013?

Hello,

I want to save the View settings for a certain document to show the two pages side by side. Check out the attached picture.
    I press View > Multiple Pages to have them sit side to side and save the document. (Notice how the zoom setting in the bottom right corner states that it's at 121%). When I create a new unrelated document, the zoom is set at 121% still, so I zoom out to 100% and do whatever I need to do with this new document.

If I press the One Page setting (above the Multiple Pages setting) and re-open the original document, the view setting for this document is still using the "global" Word 2013 view settings and no longer shows the two pages next to each other. So when I open the first document again, the zoom setting went to 100% & the pages are no longer side by side.

How can I save specific view settings for certain documents, and not interfere with the default Word view settings?

Thanks

How Do I Save A Document-Specific View Setting In Word 2013? [​IMG]

:)

pepanee, Jan 1, 2017
  2. Lkho Win User

Re Downloading Files via Edge

In Google email, when I click on an attachment, say a Word document, to open it, I get to view it in Edge.

I prefer that it opens in Word directly. How can I do that.

When a document opens in Edge, there are extra steps if I want to save it. I feel the process is not straight forward.

Additionally, I don't like the black background in Edge view.

Moreover, sometimes I would want to edit few things in the document then look at it before I decide to save it. In Edge, if I click on a document to open it, I get to see it in Edge, then I am asked to save it. I don't understand why it has to be this
    way. Help, please.

Lkho, Jan 1, 2017
  3. I am unable to save a word document in a folder.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are
    facing issues with windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

We have come around many users who have lost administrator rights on their
    Windows PCs and thus they were not able to manipulate their system or make changes to it. One common thing we found regarding the issue is that the users who have lost their administrator rights, have only a single account on their system,
    which was of course the administrator account. As a result of losing the admin rights, you may have issues in using
    Windows Apps, making new or modifying Windows configuration settings in
    Control Panel, using Snap-ins and several other problems on your system.

It thus becomes imperative for us to get the administrator privileges back anyhow if we want to run the system without road-blocks. But how do you get back these privileges since for every operation you have to carry out, requires the administrative
    rights itself, which we have lost unfortunately. While performing a Refresh or
    Reset will fix the problem, you may want to try out our suggestion first and see if it helps you.

Method 1

•Open an elevated command prompt. (Right click on start button and select command prompt admin)

•Type takeown /U %username% /F %USERPROFILE% /R /SKIPSL (You may also need the /P <password>

•Once that completes type cacls %USERPROFILE% /T /E /G %USERNAME%:F

This should force you to be the owner of everything in your profile and grant you full access.

If the issue still prissiest, try Method 2,

Method 2

• Press WinKey+ Q, type
      user accountsand click on the result.

• Then select your User Account > Click Manage another account.

• In the following window, click Add a user account option.

• Now we have to create a local account user. So after clicking
      Add an account, click Sign in without a Microsoft account (Not recommended), then clickLocal account. Fill the details on the screen so appeared for adding local account. Click
      Finish when done.

• Press Windows Key + Q and type
      cmd
      , for the search results, click Command Prompt. Type following command and hit
      Enter key: shutdown /r /o

• The previous step will result your system to boot into
      Safe Mode. After getting into Safe Mode, press
      Windows Key + Q, type user accounts, and pick the same from results so appear. You would have now two accounts on your system; first you’re issued admin account and second the local account which you’ve
      created in step 2. Select local account.

• Now click Change the account type link in following window:

• Moving on, change the account status from
      Standard
      to Administrator. Click
      Change Account Type.

In this way, the new local account we’ve created has been changed to Administrator. Now you can restart your machine and log into this account with administrator rights. Since you have administrative privileges now; so you can back up your documents
    from the old administrator account.

Finally, delete the old admin account and switch to Microsoft account to synchronize your settings with new administrative account. Your system will now act normally with full admin rights in your hand.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 1, 2017
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Word behaves as a word processor, not as a publishing package - when you are in "print layout" view - you are looking at the document as if it were to be printed, the view is not saved in the document.

You can cheat by using a page layout side by side (or in 2 columns) on a larger size of paper - say A3 size landscape for 2 portrait A4 pages - this information is saved in the document file.

Fafhrd, Jan 2, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    Okay, I see what you mean by that. I just tried it out. This would combine both those 3x5 pages side by side, on the same page. Yet the only issue is that those two pages are intended to be printed out on the front and a back of a 3x5 notecard, hence the reason why I want them as two separate pages.

I remember a long time ago, I did a very similar project where I was able to save view settings for a file-specific document. (Yet I could be mistaken with which program did this. But I'm still very sure that I was able to do this before, maybe in an older version of Microsoft Word?)

Anyways, suppose I want to print out the front and back side of a notecard, and have those two pages show up on the same screen, what can I do to do that? Can your method do that for me?

Thanks

pepanee, Jan 2, 2017
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    Of course you could do that in programs like MS Publisher which were designed for document publishing.

You could experiment with Microsoft print to PDF (as the selected printer in Word) and use a PDF viewer/reader/editor like Foxit (I haven't touched Adobe Acrobat Reader in years) instead of Word to view pages side by side, and get considerably better resolution on screen, but to print the document (to a physical printer) in duplex (front and back of the same sheet) directly from the PDF viewer. (Don't use Edge for this though!!)

Again, Word is a tool to get from keyboard entry to documents, from simple letters to essays to whole books, but when it comes to layout, i.e. from screen output to printed pages, it is sometimes a bit of a pig to get stuff laid out just how you want it. For instance, you can setup columns, and put dividers and images in place, but when you find that you need to add a sentence or remove some text in a block on page 1, you may need to go through the whole document to reformat everything to look good. A proper publishing program treats whole blocks of text, pages, or sections as objects in their own right, not just part of the flow of the whole document, like Word does.

As an afterthought, you could perhaps have different document templates set up, and just copy the text from one template to another to give different views as needed?

Fafhrd, Jan 2, 2017
  7. pepanee Win User
    Okay. Thanks for the info, I'll look around in the templates, it might be difficult to find something similar to this.

pepanee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How Do I Save A Document-Specific View Setting In Word 2013? - Similar Threads - Save Document Specific

2. Didnt save a word document and need to recover it. How do I do this please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Didnt save a word document and need to recover it. How do I do this please: Didnt save a word document and need to recover it. How do I do this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/didnt-save-a-word-document-and-need-to-recover-it/25c0bf6b-c61f-492e-96be-409e5472847b
  3. Didnt save a word document and need to recover it. How do I do this please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Didnt save a word document and need to recover it. How do I do this please: Didnt save a word document and need to recover it. How do I do this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/didnt-save-a-word-document-and-need-to-recover-it/25c0bf6b-c61f-492e-96be-409e5472847b
  4. Didnt save a word document and need to recover it. How do I do this please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  6. Saving Word Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Word Documents: How can I save a word document as a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-word-documents/93d7a253-ae4d-4ac4-90f1-3923058007b6"
  7. File-save as problem in Word 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    File-save as problem in Word 2013: When I try to save a doc in Word 2013, the save field does not have the title of the doc I want to save.It is of some other doc used in the past so I have to enter the name of the doc I am wanting to save.Is there anything I can do to solve this ? 132157
  8. Word document not auto saved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word document not auto saved: I wrote a word document and never titled it or even saved it originally. i work and come back to my work and know that autosave exists so i didn't worry about it. My computer got closed accidentally. 2 days later i opened word and found my document under Document 1 as is...
  9. Saving a word document as PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving a word document as PDF: Hi, I have created a document in word, but would like to save it in PDF. When I click "save as", there is PDF option in the drop down. I have tried downloading a converter from Google, but it changes my settings when converting. Any suggestions on how to get it into my drop...
  10. word documents saved as wordpad documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How Do I Save A Document-Specific View Setting In Word