Windows 10: HOW do i save my battery ?

Discus and support HOW do i save my battery ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my laptop is around 3 years, but gives me only half hour unplugged, the remaining time shown is always wrong. this my battery report.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arif, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Arif Win User

HOW do i save my battery ?

my laptop is around 3 years, but gives me only half hour unplugged, the remaining time shown is always wrong. this my battery report.
    battery_report.html Processing...x
    HOW do i save my battery ? [​IMG]

HOW do i save my battery ? [​IMG]

:)

2. Ramon Imp Win User

I need to do a factory reset, how do I save my programs, files etc. On Windows 10 pro. I can't connect to the internet.

To fix network connection problems in Windows 10, click on this
    link

You may also check this
    article
    to resolve Wi-Fi issues in Windows 10.

Keep us posted.

Ramon Imp, Aug 21, 2016
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    I need to do a factory reset, how do I save my programs, files etc. On Windows 10 pro. I can't connect to the internet.

Hi Joey,

To back up and restore your files in Windows 10, click on this
    link

You may also check this article:
    How to manually back up and restore your files

Keep us posted.

Ramon Imp, Aug 21, 2016
  4. HOW do i save my battery ?

You may need to recalibrate the battery. The procedure varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so search Google for ‘recalibrate ASUS battery’. Do not download any program to do it, just make a note of the instructions.

BurrWalnut, Aug 21, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    Well, the most Battery consumer is the Display. Setting it to Dark as you just can see it, will help a little.
    Batteries has a limited live time, it is said around 1000 cycles of charging.
    If your Battery has reached this, there is nothing you can do, it is the same as aging of people, there is nothing someone can do.

What I do from time to time, (every 4 months or so) is let the Battery complete drain until the PC shut down. I wait about 15min. and Press Power Button and wait until PC shut down again. I do it so long, until the PC does not Start any longer.

There are very good practices of how to achieve the max Battery live, you will find a lot of info in WWW.
    The important things are making a FULL charging cycle, it means let it discharge complete and charge it complete. It is bad to charge just in "between".

Adalwar, Aug 21, 2016
  6. mike s Win User
    Generic answer:

After 500+ cycles the battery may have lost significant capacity. The battery gauge may also have become inaccurate, resulting in an incomplete charge cycle even when it "thinks" it is starting from full discharge. You need to assure that is the case.

• Power up on battery power, using whatever hotkeys etc are necessary to get to the BIOS setup screen.
    • Leave it running at that screen until it powers down due to the battery actually being discharged.
    • Connect the charger and perform a full charge cycle.
    • Boot Windows and see if things are different.

It may take more than once cycle of the above to get maximum effect.

mike s, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HOW do i save my battery ?

1. HOW do i save my battery ? - Similar Threads - save battery

2. is there a way to create 1 click a visual plan to save battery?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is there a way to create 1 click a visual plan to save battery?: I have a pretty beefy laptop. I'd love to know if anyone knows if there is a way to create a 1 clickish barebones simple visual style. like a power saving theme and a performance theme that I can switch on and off or even connect to my power plan. this way I can save battery...
  3. is there a way to create 1 click a visual plan to save battery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to create 1 click a visual plan to save battery?: I have a pretty beefy laptop. I'd love to know if anyone knows if there is a way to create a 1 clickish barebones simple visual style. like a power saving theme and a performance theme that I can switch on and off or even connect to my power plan. this way I can save battery...
  4. is there a way to create 1 click a visual plan to save battery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sleep mode not working properly when in save battery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode not working properly when in save battery mode: When, I do have laptop connected to power brick everything works just fine. But when it works on its battery weird things starts to happen. The most annoying thing I'm seeking help for is that when I turn on saving battery mode, and close the laptop screen=put it in sleep....
  6. Sleep mode not working properly when in save battery mode

Sleep mode not working properly when in save battery mode: When, I do have laptop connected to power brick everything works just fine. But when it works on its battery weird things starts to happen. The most annoying thing I'm seeking help for is that when I turn on saving battery mode, and close the laptop screen=put it in sleep....
  7. please save my eyes, my brightness level is always 100% when my laptop is on battery!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    please save my eyes, my brightness level is always 100% when my laptop is on battery!!!: Hi, My problem is: I can adjust Brightness normally when my laptop charger is plugged in, but when I'm on battery the brightness is always 100%!!! and i can't adjust it. note: the brightness slider changes normally 100 - 90 - 80 .... etc but nothing actually happens on my...
  8. please save my eyes, my brightness level is always 100% when my laptop is on battery!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please save my eyes, my brightness level is always 100% when my laptop is on battery!!!: Hi, My problem is: I can adjust Brightness normally when my laptop charger is plugged in, but when I'm on battery the brightness is always 100%!!! and i can't adjust it. note: the brightness slider changes normally 100 - 90 - 80 .... etc but nothing actually happens on my...
  9. please save my eyes, my brightness level is always 100% when my laptop is on battery!!!

10. How to save battery life?

How to save battery life?: Is charging your laptop till 100% bad? I heard there is a 20%, 80% rule. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-battery-life/7d28483f-9d07-4980-86e2-34fd97759af1