Windows 10: How Do I Search Long List Of Web Credentials In Credential Manager?

Discus and support How Do I Search Long List Of Web Credentials In Credential Manager? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My Windows 10 ro is currently Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1715). My web browser is IE11. In Control Panel > Credential Manager I have, over time,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RetiredEngineer, Sep 13, 2017.

1. How Do I Search Long List Of Web Credentials In Credential Manager?

My Windows 10 ro is currently Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1715). My web browser is IE11.

In Control Panel > Credential Manager I have, over time, accumulated a very long list of Web Passwords. When I tried to search for the URL substring "amazon", I could not find a way to locate it (can't even highlight any line(s) for text copy), except for an exhaustive line-by-line search.

Is there any way to search the Web Passwords column?

:)

RetiredEngineer, Sep 13, 2017

2. How Do I Re-add Web Credential In WIndows 10 Once It is Removed?

THIS DOES NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION BUT SIMPLY CHASES ME IN CIRCLE.

Please re-read my original question. I have no trouble getting to Credential Manager>Web Credentials; which is what you explained how to do.

My problem is that I deleted ("removed") in Manage Credentials>Web Credentials a Web Credential with a typographical error (since I saw no edit function) and now
    I cannot figure out how to recreate the Web Credential with the correct information. The webpage no longer asks if I want to save password and there is no way that I can find to create a new web credential in Credential Manager>Web Credential.
    It appears that once a web credential for a website is "removed" it can no longer be re-created.

(I do see that one can create a new windows credential in Credential Manager>Windows Credentials [there is a hotspot "Add a windows credential], but I need to create a "web" credential not a windows credential.)

WINDOWS 10 MAKES SO MANY ACTIONS VERY DIFFICULT, OBSCURE OR IMPOSSIBLE; I need help on how to solve this as this is either obscure or impossible. I think that what I want to do might be impossible based on some web searches I have done that indicates MS
    for some strange reason decided to remove the capability to edit or re-create a removed web credential.

David at DRA, Sep 13, 2017
  3. Gabor Cs. Win User
    Microsoft Edge, Windows Web Credentials Manager - Exporting Passwords. Need Help Please - Thank you! How Do I Search Long List Of Web Credentials In Credential Manager? :)

Do you really suggest that one should navigate to tons of websites and use their "Forgot password?" feature to be able to save the web credentials in the new environment????

There is one workaround where at least the export is fast:

• Export Web Credentials with a third-party tool, e.g. VaultPasswordView from
      www.nirsoft.net
    • Navigate to the sites one by one.
    • Login using the exported credential info.
    • Save password when the browser asks.
    If Windows Credentials can be exported and then imported through the UI then what kind of "security and privacy purpose" is it to forbid the same mechanism for Web Credentials?

Let's say ok, there are some "security and privacy purposes" against exporting passwords.

But what about importing or creating new Web Credentials?

Why is it also impossible?

How does IE/Edge stores the credentials in the Web Credentials?

What API do they call to save the credentials?

Gabor Cs., Sep 13, 2017
Thema:

How Do I Search Long List Of Web Credentials In Credential Manager?

1. How Do I Search Long List Of Web Credentials In Credential Manager? - Similar Threads - Search Long List

2. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  3. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  4. Web Credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Credentials: After a recent windows update I have lost the list of websites and apps with passwords that were saved in Credentials. I have to enter my manually enter passwords that used to be automatic when I would open my apps. My email accounts in Outlook, and several other apps. I...
  5. Credential manager - Web Credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Credential manager - Web Credentials: For quite some time now I have been troubleshooting this issue, but can not find any solution to it yet. Registry changes nor GPO setting help to solve this issue. So, what I am experiencing. I am running my laptop on Windows 10 Insider latest build with Edge Chromium. I...
  6. Credential Manager is unable to sync Web & Windows credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Credential Manager is unable to sync Web & Windows credentials: I have observed an issue with my WINDOWS 10 corporate PC. It seems Windows Credential Manager is unable to sync my passwords. As a preliminary troubleshooting, I have completed all the following steps but Credential Manager is still unable to sync my Web & Windows passwords....
  7. Web Credentials

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Web Credentials: Hello All, This is likely a simple question, but I have failed to find an answer. I have a new Windows 10 laptop and am moving things from an older Windows 10 Laptop. I wanted to restore the stored passwords I had exported from the old machine using the Credential Manager...
  8. web credentials

web credentials: Can I save a site and password manually? The program will not ask to save for this site and I just want to add it myself in the credential manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-credentials/8f89eee6-95e3-4e59-9ae7-51ce2113f93a"
  9. Web Credential Manager

Web Credential Manager: I was looking for a password in the Web Credential Manager. I came across an entry I did not recognize. The credential is for http://E93EC0BD-87BD-4933-9E3A-89160C088DA9/. I can find a few people asking about this entry on their computers, but I cannot find an official...
  10. web credentials

web credentials: save to web credentials to a flash drive to install on my new desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-credentials/f3e1044c-fb18-40bd-a7e4-bf538b0c6e55"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search windows credentials list