Windows 10: Get control of my computer from Microsoft?

Discus and support Get control of my computer from Microsoft? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am so mad right now I cannot think straight. I hate MS photo viewer!!!! I hate Groove Music!!!! Up until today I used Irfanview for all image files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 1ThursdayJC, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Get control of my computer from Microsoft?

I am so mad right now I cannot think straight. I hate MS photo viewer!!!! I hate Groove Music!!!!
    Up until today I used Irfanview for all image files. Up until today I used Microsoft Media Player as default music program. *Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

In Settings >Apps> Default Apps> Photo Viewer is empty. If I hit the plus sign irfanview does not come up as an option. Now every time I choose an image file Microsoft is not smart enough to distinguish between a jpg file or a jpeg file. If the extension is jpeg it goes to photo viewer. *Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

I want my music files to play under MMP 12 not Grove Music. If I try to change it under MMP player it will not accept it. THIS IS MY COMPUTER NOT MICROSOFT COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

1ThursdayJC, Jun 22, 2018
  2. STEvil Win User

Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Jun 23, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 23, 2018
  4. curatia Win User

Get control of my computer from Microsoft?

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jun 23, 2018
Thema:

Get control of my computer from Microsoft?

1. Get control of my computer from Microsoft? - Similar Threads - control computer Microsoft

2. Switch pro controller not getting detected by my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch pro controller not getting detected by my computer.: Man it sucks to do this but after about 5 hours of trying I've come to the conclusion that I can't fix this myself. The problem that I'm having is that my pro controller is treating my computer like a power outlet. The light will go on, but my computer wont even detect there...
  3. Switch pro controller not getting detected by my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch pro controller not getting detected by my computer.: Man it sucks to do this but after about 5 hours of trying I've come to the conclusion that I can't fix this myself. The problem that I'm having is that my pro controller is treating my computer like a power outlet. The light will go on, but my computer wont even detect there...
  4. Switch pro controller not getting detected by my computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't get school controlled settings off my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get school controlled settings off my computer: I used my personal computer for grad school, and in doing so I had to allow my university access to my device. This made me create a pin and update it every so often. I have graduated and cannot change any settings to get the university off of my device and the pin...
  6. Can't get school controlled settings off my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get school controlled settings off my computer: I used my personal computer for grad school, and in doing so I had to allow my university access to my device. This made me create a pin and update it every so often. I have graduated and cannot change any settings to get the university off of my device and the pin...
  7. How to get complete control of my own computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get complete control of my own computer?: Hi guys Since I installed win 10 my freedom to do what I want with my computer is limited. I have done everything I know, my account is admin account, I have given admin rights all over the place, I use "take ownership" all the time, I have made user account control silent",...
  8. Microsoft taking control away from the owner of the computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft taking control away from the owner of the computer.: My computer installed something at start up one morning and since has locked me out of Apps and Administrative functions. I have repeatedly been asked about a password change, and have complied by doing so. At one point I was informed the Reset would not take away the "Temp"...
  9. How do I seize control of my computer from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I seize control of my computer from Microsoft?: I am so mad right now I cannot think straight. I hate MS photo viewer!!!! I hate Groove Music!!!! Up until today I used Irfanview for all image files. Up until today I used Microsoft Media Player as default music program. *Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad In Settings >Apps> Default...
  10. How do I seize control of my computer from Heil Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I seize control of my computer from Heil Microsoft?: I am so mad right now I cannot think straight. I hate MS photo viewer!!!! I hate Groove Music!!!! Up until today I used Irfanview for all image files. Up until today I used Microsoft Media Player as default music program. *Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad In Settings >Apps> Default...