Windows 10: How do I select AutoPlay program?

Discus and support How do I select AutoPlay program? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings, How do I select a program in AutoPlay? When I go to Settings > Devices > AutoPlay, the Removable drive options are: Take no action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shanester, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Shanester Win User

How do I select AutoPlay program?

Greetings,

How do I select a program in AutoPlay?

When I go to Settings > Devices > AutoPlay, the Removable drive options are:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files (File Explorer)
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings)
    How do I select a program?

If I select "Ask me every time", and then insert a music CD, I get a notification:

DVD RW Drive (EHow do I select AutoPlay program? :) Audio CD
    Select to choose what happens with audio CDs.

If I click the notification, this box appears:

DVD RW Drive (EHow do I select AutoPlay program? :) Audio CD
    Choose what to do with audio CDs.
    • Play audio CD
      Power Media Player 14
    • Play audio CD
      Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    However, the program I want to run isn't in the list. How do I select it? Someone else asked a similar question. The answer there was to make the desired program a default program first, and then it would appear in the list. Unfortunately, I don't have the option to specify my own program for the default music player.

Thanks,
    Shane.

:)

Shanester, Feb 5, 2017
  2. neilpzz Win User

The pop up for the SD memory card from my camera isn't showing in Windows 10 - My PC

Look in Settings > Devices and select Autoplay. Is autoplay on and what are the defaults set to.

How do you read the SD card is it still in the camera or do you have a card reader.

neilpzz, Feb 5, 2017
  3. Can't install software from a CD. CD doesn't autorun, nothing happens.

Hi Roy,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you check the
    AutoPlay
    settings and check if the option for AutoPlay can be enabled for all media. To do that, please follow these steps:

Method 1: Turn on AutoPlay in Settings app

• Click on Start icon.
    • Go to Settings, and click on the Devices icon.
    • Select AutoPlay from the left pane and turn On the
      Use AutoPlay for all media and devices option.

Method 2: Turn on AutoPlay in Control Panel

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type AutoPlay in the search bar and click on AutoPlay.
    • Check the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices box.
    • Select the default action per listed media and device you want AutoPlay to perform when they are first connected
    • Click on Save.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Feb 5, 2017
  4. How do I select AutoPlay program?

Welcome to the Tenforums @Shanester

You may have already done this but in case you haven't ....

If you have one of your CD's can you right click on a file, then click open with, click the option to always use this app, then above in the apps scroll to very bottom and click on "look for another app on this pc".

Caledon Ken, Feb 5, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    This might give you a clue, but it's not the complete solution as it appears to change the default, not add to the list.
    Note - you need to know the command line parameters for the particular program.
    Autoplay not working when attempting to directly open disc media with - Microsoft Community

Personally, I wouldn't try that.

Normally, forgetting autoplay, it's easy to set up an association for a default player. But for example, I have .cda associated with WMP. but autoplay CDs launches Winamp.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I select AutoPlay program?

1. How do I select AutoPlay program? - Similar Threads - select AutoPlay program

2. How do I uninstall a program?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I uninstall a program?: Hello!I am trying to figure out how to uninstall a program from my computer. There is an app I installed from a website it's just a shortcut app I think, but I didn't get to use it, and now I need to uninstall it. Can someone help me?...
  3. How do I uninstall a program?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall a program?: Hello!I am trying to figure out how to uninstall a program from my computer. There is an app I installed from a website it's just a shortcut app I think, but I didn't get to use it, and now I need to uninstall it. Can someone help me?...
  4. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  5. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  6. How to restore Autoplay ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to restore Autoplay ?: Autoplay used to work well for permanently connected drives, whose power could be turned ON and OFF for the one connected by SATA and for the other the USB connection could be toggled. Now they do not Autoplay. I have checked the configurations of Control Panel, Settings,...
  7. Program used by Autoplay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program used by Autoplay: I want a specific program to run when I connect my camera to my PC. That program is not among the options that can be selected. How do I add it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-used-by-autoplay/9e2afe46-3821-4d0c-9320-fd024139c486
  8. How do I undownload programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I undownload programs?: New HP I didn't want EDGE. I tried to delete it. Then email didn't work. Tried to sync with I phone Now no gmail on I phone IPhone was synced with iPad IPad is throwing fits Help I'm old enough to know better but out of IT for along time and had tech help at work so...
  9. how do I enable autoplay in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I enable autoplay in windows 10: How do I enable autoplay in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-autoplay-in-windows-10/523a4034-2648-4875-a813-0c90469fa984
  10. Default autoplay program

in Windows 10 Support
    Default autoplay program: When I insert a DVD into the dvd drive it no longer plays automaticaly.Is there a programme in Windows 10 that can be set as default to play automaticaly.The options for doing this in control panel are now disabled. 101143

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to select program for autoplay