Windows 10: How do I select multiple files in File Explorer for copy on a tablet?

Discus and support How do I select multiple files in File Explorer for copy on a tablet? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to move pictures I have taken with my Windows 10 Tablet to an external usb. I can copy them one at a time, but I would like to be able to select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bpratt, Sep 30, 2015.

1. bpratt Win User

How do I select multiple files in File Explorer for copy on a tablet?

I want to move pictures I have taken with my Windows 10 Tablet to an external usb. I can copy them one at a time, but I would like to be able to select several picture by hitting the ctrl key or the shift key, but when I bring up the on screen keyboard, that does not work. Is there a solution for tablets?

:)

bpratt, Sep 30, 2015

2. Cannot copy or delete multiple files!

Robert, I can copy and delete multiple files using the following methods:

1- Right-clicking the selected files and selecting Copy or Cut

2 - Using the Copy and Cut ribbon toolbar buttons at the top of the File Explorer

The only problem is with the keyboard shortcuts using which I can copy or delete a single file only.

How strange?

What could possibly be the reason?

RazPatnaik, Sep 30, 2015
  3. Unable to copy multiple files using Continuum

Hi,

I have just purchased an HD-500 Display Dock. My phone is a 950, running the 1703 Creators Update.

One of the uses I want to make of the Dock is to copy image files from a camera card to my phone for viewing and backup purposes. File Explorer will read my SD card (in a card reader) via the Dock, no problem.

When I come to copy the image files onto the phone, it will copy single files, or an entire folder from the card, but I cannot make multiple selections of individual files to be copied. When I do so, File Explorer crashes.

However, I can copy a multiple selection of files using File Explorer from the phone screen, with all the hardware still in place and connected. OK, it's a solution, but it is by no means ideal for copying all the images from a day's shoot as they accumulate
    on the card.

Does anyone know what is happening and if there's a way round this?

Thanks

Nick

NickLewis_633, Sep 30, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Its Ctrl A on a computer, no idea what it might be on a tablet.

OldMike65, Sep 30, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    You could try looking on google search......should be in their..

OldMike65, Sep 30, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I have never used a tablet before, but...
    Can you use the ribbon in file explorer?
    Go to View tab and check "Item Checkboxes", then go to the home tab (if you want the whole folder) click "Select all" then copy to or move to(you can uncheck or check the items you want to move).

Cliff S, Sep 30, 2015
  7. bpratt Win User
    I never thought of doing it that way, but it worked great. Thanks

bpratt, Sep 30, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Your welcome, I don't know if there is a better way for Tablets, but that's how I do it on my PC.*Smile

Cliff S, Sep 30, 2015
  9. Wasi Win User
    I see why people hate changing systems. something simple as selecting multi files
    we have do a search *Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

Wasi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I select multiple files in File Explorer for copy on a tablet? - Similar Threads - select multiple files

2. Can't select multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't select multiple files in file explorer: Hi, I have an issue where I can't select multiple files in file explorer. This problem only occurs in the small window that web browsers give you to upload a file to a website. I also can't select a time range by clicking the titleex: all the files i downloaded today,...
  3. Can't select multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't select multiple files in file explorer: Hi, I have an issue where I can't select multiple files in file explorer. This problem only occurs in the small window that web browsers give you to upload a file to a website. I also can't select a time range by clicking the titleex: all the files i downloaded today,...
  4. Can't select multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I select range of files in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I select range of files in file explorer?: it used to be that I selected a file, then held down the shift key, and selected another file and all the files in between would also be selected. This does not seem to work any more....
  6. How do I select range of files in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I select range of files in file explorer?: it used to be that I selected a file, then held down the shift key, and selected another file and all the files in between would also be selected. This does not seem to work any more....
  7. File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.

File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.: First of all, this is the first time that i write something like this. When I select multiple files in File explorer it crashes. This does not happen immediately though, selecting 2 or 3 files usualy is fine, the crash usualy occurs when i select around 5-7 files or more the...
  8. File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.: First of all, this is the first time that i write something like this. When I select multiple files in File explorer it crashes. This does not happen immediately though, selecting 2 or 3 files usualy is fine, the crash usualy occurs when i select around 5-7 files or more the...
  9. Can't select multiple Microsoft files in File Explorer

Can't select multiple Microsoft files in File Explorer: I can't select multiple Microsoft files in File Explorer. I select a file and my whole computer lags / freezes. It does select eventually. I go to select while pressing shift and my whole computer freezes again and the action isn't completed. It's only Microsoft files. I can...
  10. How do I select range of files in file explorer

How do I select range of files in file explorer: it used to be that I selected a file, then held down the shift key, and selected another file and all the files in between would also be selected. This does not seem to work any more....