Windows 10: How do I set a default view in File Explorer?

Discus and support How do I set a default view in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want 'List', not 'Details'. I could keep it at 'List' view in Windows 7, but I don't see a setting for that option any more? Also, I downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Leefoo, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Leefoo Win User

How do I set a default view in File Explorer?

I want 'List', not 'Details'.

I could keep it at 'List' view in Windows 7, but I don't see a setting for that option any more?

Also, I downloaded a program called Explorer Plus Plus, which I love. Is there any way in Windows 10 to make IT my default Folder opener?

Thx.

Lee

:)

Leefoo, Sep 22, 2015

2. How do I set the default view of folders to 'list'?

My question should have been for all folders at one time.

HarrisonRace, Sep 22, 2015
  3. How do I set the default view of folders to 'list'?

Open File Explorer, click on the View tab and in the Layout section, click on List.

JohnSmith531, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Lee, *Smile

I noticed you have your thread marked as solved, but in case it's not or someone else wants a solution, you could use the same method in the tutorial below to set a default folder view for all folders.

Folder View - Set a Default for all Folders in Windows 8

Brink, Sep 22, 2015
  5. Leefoo Win User
    Thx....I saw that on one of my Google Searches. Murphy's law...ask a question and THEN you find the answer. *Smile

Leefoo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I set a default view in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - set default view

2. how to set default setting in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to set default setting in File Explorer: I want File Explorer to have a default setting for ALL folders as shown highlighted in the screen print, In addition when I want to open or save a file I want the file listing to be in name order, not date....
  3. how to set default setting in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to set default setting in File Explorer: I want File Explorer to have a default setting for ALL folders as shown highlighted in the screen print, In addition when I want to open or save a file I want the file listing to be in name order, not date....
  4. How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?: I've never had this problem on a computer before - So frequently when I open a folder or enter file explorer on this computer, it sets the default viewing layout to include a horizontal scrolling component, which annoys me to no end. I have worked out how to temporarily...
  5. How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?: I've never had this problem on a computer before - So frequently when I open a folder or enter file explorer on this computer, it sets the default viewing layout to include a horizontal scrolling component, which annoys me to no end. I have worked out how to temporarily...
  6. How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do i set the default view in file explorer to 'details'?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i set the default view in file explorer to 'details'?: As above, i want to view everything in my hard drive in file explorer as the 'details' setting in file explorer, i've searched google, but have found nothing that seems to work that well. submitted by /u/SaltyConnection [link] [comments]...
  8. file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default: Microsoft please add an option to make detail view the default on any preferred view in file explorer. It's distracting, annoying, and fatiguing to repeatedly have to switch back to detail view, the view i prefer....
  9. Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer: Results show up in "Content" view by default, which is annoying for me and quite a few folks. To set the default view to "Details", add this registry key and values in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\...
  10. How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ?: Hello, I'm posting this message because I've tried many solutions. I have Windows 10. When searching in the explorer windows, or from the "see more" in the windows bar search, the view (icon size, sort by and group by) is not as I would like it to be, and I can't change it....