Windows 10: How do I set a moving animated .gif image as my desktop wallpaper

Discus and support How do I set a moving animated .gif image as my desktop wallpaper in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; can we use moving gif as wallpaper in windows 10. 10048 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by musky, Jul 29, 2015.

1. musky Win User

How do I set a moving animated .gif image as my desktop wallpaper

can we use moving gif as wallpaper in windows 10.

:)

musky, Jul 29, 2015
  2. sunilsN79 Win User

How to set gif image as wallpaper in Nokia s60v3 mobiles

Hi, I am using N79 and i want set gif image as wallpaper.when i am trying to set a gif image as wallpaper no animation is coming on standby screen

How to set gif wallpaper on standby screen with animation

sunilsN79, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Animated GIFs on Desktop, not wallpaper

I thank you for your reply, and do appreciate your time, but neither of those allow for what I'm asking for.

DeskScapes 8 is full wallpaper animation, with many other nifty features, but no animated gifs on the desktop.

Rainmeter can achieve the effect of what I'm looking for with a combination of .png files and a ini setting file to cycle thru individual photos creating the illusion of a gif on the desktop, but again, no animated gifs on the desktop.

I'm looking for a way to get animated gifs on the desktop, not wallpaper/background.

InfinityYUL, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

I believe we lost that back at W7. There is a way to enable dream scene, do a quick google search.

Dude, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Yep. Windows 7 did not support .GIF as a background option. As I recall it had something to do with "active desktop" Or rather how windows used HTML and internet explorer to run the desktop as a program. Back in the day, Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer were technically the same program. Plug-ins for IE would allow .GIF's to run on your desktop. They did away with that in W7. This was actually my first gripe with W7..... and I STILL have not found a solution.

joeypent69, Aug 4, 2015
  6. elshagon Win User
    so how do we enable dream scenes in windows 10?

elshagon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I set a moving animated .gif image as my desktop wallpaper - Similar Threads - set moving animated

2. How to set those sleep mode images as my desktop wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to set those sleep mode images as my desktop wallpaper?: When you "wake" your pc from sleep mode, you're met with those beautiful images of different kind. How do I make them my desktop wallpaper as well? submitted by /u/Mr_Mavik [link] [comments]...
  3. Microsoft GIF Animator crashes on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft GIF Animator crashes on my PC: Good Day:I found this morning as I was creating an animated GIF, using Microsoft GIF animator, that all of a sudden it would just disappear! This was to my chagrin and horror, as I use it very frequently and have never had this problem occur before.I have the error log event...
  4. How to set a GIF as a wallpaper in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to set a GIF as a wallpaper in Windows 10: Hey everyone! As part of our ongoing series on Windows 10 hacks, today we are going to show how to get rid of your typical static wallpapers. From now on, you will be able to have animated GIFs as your wallpapers. If you’re here, you may have already realized that Windows 10...
  5. Animated Wallpaper or GIF wallpaper

Animated Wallpaper or GIF wallpaper: Does anyone know how to get some nice animated or gif wallpapers on windows 10 because I've seen some YouTubers have nice wallpapers and when I watch videos on how to get them and use the link they provide I am not able to do it Any help is grateful. submitted by /u/Atharvt...
  6. Animated Wallpapers: How?

Animated Wallpapers: How?: I know i can just grab some from windows store and whatnot, but how do i make and use my own? gif file doesnt work, and neither does any familiar video formats. A. is it possible to make your own animated screen saver? and B. How? any help would be appreciated. submitted by...
  7. How to make your windows 10 wallpaper animated/gif

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make your windows 10 wallpaper animated/gif: so can you please tell me how to make my wallpaper a gif without using DESKTOP LIVE WALLPAPERS app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-your-windows-10-wallpaper-animatedgif/9afcbfe9-ba87-4648-936c-715b2748b3e8
  8. Set animated gif as lockscreen

Set animated gif as lockscreen: Hi, today I discovered that you can change the windows startup sound, so I changed it to the sound of a car starting up. Now I want to set my lock screen to an animated gif of a car’s dashboard. How can I do so if possible? submitted by /u/Jammer313908 [link] [comments]...
  9. Setting animated image as Desktop Background

Setting animated image as Desktop Background: sir, I want to set an animated background ***Original title: Desktop background*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-animated-image-as-desktop-background/638790b6-ca67-44e5-9975-1b61cdac38da
  10. Avatars (Animated gif)

Avatars (Animated gif): I don't wanna hi-jack Stephanie's thread so I created this thread for animated avatars. @gregrocker , here is your request. [img] Hope this will do... Creating animated avatar is easy. Anyone can do it online for FREE. The only tricky part is creating the...