Windows 10: How do I set custom resolution for Intel HD 5500

Discus and support How do I set custom resolution for Intel HD 5500 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My laptop specs are: i5-5200u Intel HD 5500/GT 940m 8gb ram 15.6" 720p display Whenever I try to set a 1080p custom resolution via graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by 12Carnation, Mar 11, 2016.

1. How do I set custom resolution for Intel HD 5500

My laptop specs are:
    i5-5200u
    Intel HD 5500/GT 940m
    8gb ram
    15.6" 720p display

Whenever I try to set a 1080p custom resolution via graphics properties i get the error, "this resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth capacity". After a whole day of googling i have found nothing but Intel shifting the blame to manufacturer for limiting the hardware, I understand this is a driver issue as iGPU do not support custom resolution like all their competitor does, ATI/AMD/NVIDIA.

So i just want to try my luck here and see if there is any other solutions, I purchased this laptop this morning and really like everything except the resolution, its a hard pill to swallow after experiencing dual 24" 1080p displays and really limits my productivity on campus. Any help or replies (even if its to confirm there is no existing solution to make me finally give up) will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

in case you are wondering why i went for the inferior resolution, the laptop i got was too good of a deal to pass up and a similar spec at 1080p will cost $400+ more. right now i am regretting the decision every passing moment *Sad

:)

12Carnation, Mar 11, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

screen size on windows 10 desktop

Hmmm . . .

Right click your Desktop, can you access Intel HD Graphics Control Panel form there?

If not beside the clock on your Taskbar, you can access it from there (you might have to click the up arrow) - right click that and open the Intel HD Control Panel

Choose Advanced Mode

Somewhere on that Control Panel (it is different for each Intel HD model) you can set Resolution - check each different resolution setting and see if one fits your Monitor

You might even have to set a custom resolution - do you know the resolution your 22" TV is supposed to run at - set custom resolution to that . . .

DaveM121, Mar 11, 2016
  3. Nikos101 Win User
    Intel HD Graphics 5500 card Not Fully Compatible with Windows 10??

I have an Intel HD 5500 in a Radius P55W laptop and still having issues. Tried installing the Intel 5500 driver but it keeps stopping saying the device reported a problems (code 43) in Windows 10... Generic MS driver works but with very limited functionality
    (don't seem able to change resolution, can't connect external display and video playback is VERY slow).

Hoping for resolution soon!

Nikos101, Mar 11, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

How do I set custom resolution for Intel HD 5500

Since nearly all Notebooks have fixed hardware versus Desktops where things can be changed I'm afraid you would have to take advantage of the seller's return policy and try to get a Notebook that more nearly meets your needs. There are some that offer dual video adapters but I haven't checked them out yet.

Berton, Mar 11, 2016
  5. thank you for your reply, looks like i'll have to get used to it then, making font size and icon smaller seems to help abit. Also, do you know if Intel will ever release a driver that supports custom resolution? It just doesn't make sense, the technology is clearly there and it serves zero purpose to not release it to its customers

12Carnation, Mar 11, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    It doesn't really depend upon the technology being available but mostly up to the decisions between the device maker [motherboard, graphics chip, etc.], case maker, designers, programmers, etc., and the vendor of the computers and what they want to sell and support. It all boils down to what a person wants in a car, house, appliances and other items that cause folks to shop for something that meets their requirements and can provide it then figure out how to get it. I think I'd look around the 'net for a Gamer forum that may have help, after all the gamers are always after the latest, greatest and fastest equipment.

Berton, Mar 11, 2016
  7. Archie123 Win User
    try turning your frequency down ie lower than 50 or 60hz (it will look horrible but itll probably work *Wink ) you are indeed exceeding your maximum bandwidth capacity because its taking into account pixel count and refresh rate and your gpu cant cope *Wink

I am assuming that your display can do 1080p btw *Wink

Archie123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I set custom resolution for Intel HD 5500

1. How do I set custom resolution for Intel HD 5500 - Similar Threads - set custom resolution

2. Intel HD graphics driver 5500?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel HD graphics driver 5500?: Got updated with windows 10 The Intel graphics driver has a new command center which was downloaded from ms store now I'm completely unable to fix the saturation and hue of my laptop It's asus x454l core i3 5th gen Please help me how do I set the color of my laptop It's way...
  3. the settings of intel hd graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    the settings of intel hd graphics: hello every one i have a laptop Toshiba satellite c855-2cf and i have been intalled the graphics card (intel hd graphics 3000) but i didn't find the settings in the desktop in the right button , please someone help me i can't watch videos on HD 144677
  4. the settings of intel hd graphics

in Windows 10 Support
    the settings of intel hd graphics: hello every one i have a laptop Toshiba satellite c855-2cf and i have been intalled the graphics card (intel hd graphics 3000) but i didn't find the settings in the desktop in the right button , please someone help me i can't watch videos on HD 144677
  5. Why does Windows Update downgrades the display driver for Intel HD 5500?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does Windows Update downgrades the display driver for Intel HD 5500?: I have a Lenovo Yoga 500-15IBD notebook with an Intel Core i3-5020 CPU and an integrated Intel HD Graphics 5500. I commonly use the Intel Driver and Support Assistant to update my drivers and it updated the graphics driver a few months ago to version 15.40 (20.19.15.5063)....
  6. updated Intel HD 630 but Resolution problem

updated Intel HD 630 but Resolution problem: I updated Intel HD graphics 630 because windows said it was anew version. But after I restarted my laptop which native resolution is 1980 x 1080 was stuck at 1366 x 768. under that it was lines and a single line in the middle. i went to the display setting and the resolution...
  7. updated Intel HD 630 but Resolution problem

in Windows 10 Support
    updated Intel HD 630 but Resolution problem: I updated Intel HD graphics 630 because windows said it was anew version. But after I restarted my laptop which native resolution is 1980 x 1080 was stuck at 1366 x 768. under that it was lines and a single line in the middle. i went to the display setting and the resolution...
  8. Updated intel hd graphics 630 but Resolution problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated intel hd graphics 630 but Resolution problem: I updated intel hd graphics 630 because windows said it was anew version. But after I restarted my laptop which native resolution is 1980 x 1080 was stuck at 1366 x 768. under that it was lines and a single line in the middle. i went to the display setting and the resolution...
  9. How to Set Custom Resolution OR How to Install Incompatible Drivers ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Set Custom Resolution OR How to Install Incompatible Drivers ?: I am running Compaq R201b 20" with screen resolution supporting upto 1600x900 (which is best for it.) I recently updated my Windows from Windows 7 To Windows 10. But My Graphic card which came inbuilt i.e Intel 865g doesnt support the OS (even it was not supporting windows 7...
  10. Intel HD 5500 on Lenovo Ideapad 305 Screen Resolution Challenge

Intel HD 5500 on Lenovo Ideapad 305 Screen Resolution Challenge: I have a Levono 330 which device manager says has an Intel HD Graphics 5500 display and the max resolution is 1366 x 768. Not great but adequate. I installed the Oracle VM 5 (in order to run some old DOS software) and created a virtual XP machine - that was dead easy....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel hd 5500 custom resolution

2. intel igpu set custom resolution