Windows 10: How do I set default screen orientation to landscape on 2-in-1?

Discus and support How do I set default screen orientation to landscape on 2-in-1? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a RCA W101 V2 tablet that comes with a docking keyboard. If I undock, then redock, it always switches to portrait mode. I manually set the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FuturDreamz, Oct 20, 2016.

1. How do I set default screen orientation to landscape on 2-in-1?

I have a RCA W101 V2 tablet that comes with a docking keyboard. If I undock, then redock, it always switches to portrait mode.

I manually set the orientation to landscape when it is in docked mode, and it will stay like that until I undock the keyboard. Then autorotation kicks in, which always keeps the orientation correct.

But once I reconnect the keyboard, autorotation is disabled and then it defaults to portrait - despite the keyboard connecting in landscape mode. I can change it back to landscape, but it reverts next time I redock. I suspect the display is natively portrait, as even the system UEFI menu is in portrait mode. According to the Intel settings, my "preferred" orientation is 270 degrees and not 0 degrees.

How can I set the default orientation permanently, so it kicks in automatically when autorotate turns off? Thanks.

I would really like a fixed driver or a regedit tweak that permanently fixes it, but barring that I'd be happy with setting some sort of trigger that resets the orientation as soon as I reconnect the keyboard.

Thanks.

:)

FuturDreamz, Oct 20, 2016

2. How do I set/change the default orientation when I flip the lid on my convertible laptop?

I know that. That's not what I'm trying to ask.

That sets the current orientation. I can also do that even faster by just pressing Ctrl-Alt+ an arrow key.

I'm asking how do I set the DEFAULT ORIENTATION when changing to tablet mode. Currently, it has a default orientation of Primary Landscape in laptop mode (as you'd expect -- this is what all laptops have). But when converting to a tablet by flipping the
    screen around and folding it down onto the keyboard (probably equivalent action to removing the keyboard from a Surface Pro), the default orientation is Primary Portrait.

It is that second default orientation I want to change permanently from Primary Portrait to Secondary Landscape (Landscape Flipped in the Display Settings), which is the same as Primary Landscape, but rotated 180 degrees. The point is partly that I don't
    want to have to set this every time I flip it to a tablet, but also and even more important that I don't ever want it flipping to Portrait on its own, because that mangles all of my windows even when it goes back to Landscape mode.

I can't find where to set this. If I recall correctly from how I set this in Windows 8.1, there was also no setting to do this (not at all sure my memory is right on this), but rather I had to save my preferred orientation when I was in the tablet mode.
    I can't find where to do that either.

GraniteStateColin, Oct 20, 2016
  3. Chan.au Win User
    Onscreen keyboard (landscape mode) on HTC Touch HD

Mark,

I'm using the default keyboard and the issue doesn't happen in portrait mode.

To replicate.

First you need to set the screen orientation to landscape:

Start > Settings > Systems > Screen > Orientation > Landscape (doesn't matter which one)

Then create a message. When typing in the message I get this issue.

Regards,

Chan

Chan.au, Oct 20, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

How do I set default screen orientation to landscape on 2-in-1?

I have a "cheapy" Trio How do I set default screen orientation to landscape on 2-in-1? :) 10" with the removable keyboard and it does the same thing.

Berton, Oct 22, 2016
Thema:

How do I set default screen orientation to landscape on 2-in-1?

1. How do I set default screen orientation to landscape on 2-in-1? - Similar Threads - set default screen

2. How to drag the cursor to display 2 with a diagonal orientation setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to drag the cursor to display 2 with a diagonal orientation setting?: I have my monitors set diagonally in corners from each other. Once, set. I cannot move the cursor from one screen to the other. There's a toggle to easily do this in windows 11. I am not allowed to use windows 11 yet. I have to use windows 10. Any help greatly appreciated....
  3. USB Display Adapter Locked in Landscape Orientation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Display Adapter Locked in Landscape Orientation: I have a Beelink SER3 AMD Ryzen 7 and use 4 monitors, 2 are plugged in directly with HDMI and 2 using a Plugable UD-3900. The two monitors plugged into the Plugable device are in portrait mode. I tried to create an AMD Eyfinity profile and whatever that did "blocked" the...
  4. USB Display Adapter Locked in Landscape Orientation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Display Adapter Locked in Landscape Orientation: I have a Beelink SER3 AMD Ryzen 7 and use 4 monitors, 2 are plugged in directly with HDMI and 2 using a Plugable UD-3900. The two monitors plugged into the Plugable device are in portrait mode. I tried to create an AMD Eyfinity profile and whatever that did "blocked" the...
  5. Use camera as mirror but in portrait orientation, not landscape

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use camera as mirror but in portrait orientation, not landscape: Hello. I am taking a dance class and need a mirror, which I don't have room for in my home. I have a large TV screen monitor, actually, though, and I thought I could display my computer screen on my monitor. I need a split screen so one-half can show my online class and the...
  6. Use camera as mirror but in portrait orientation, not landscape

Use camera as mirror but in portrait orientation, not landscape: Hello. I am taking a dance class and need a mirror, which I don't have room for in my home. I have a large TV screen monitor, actually, though, and I thought I could display my computer screen on my monitor. I need a split screen so one-half can show my online class and the...
  7. How to rotate 1 screen to landscape flipped for a 2 screen setup with "duplicate" mode...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rotate 1 screen to landscape flipped for a 2 screen setup with "duplicate" mode...: Hello,I currently have a setup that unfortunately only works if I physically rotate one of the 2 screens by 180°. I would like both of the screens to duplicate the display from the PC, but I would like to initiate landscape flipped on the rotated screen. Unfortunately, I...
  8. How to rotate 1 screen to landscape flipped for a 2 screen setup with "duplicate" mode...

How to rotate 1 screen to landscape flipped for a 2 screen setup with "duplicate" mode...: Hello,I currently have a setup that unfortunately only works if I physically rotate one of the 2 screens by 180°. I would like both of the screens to duplicate the display from the PC, but I would like to initiate landscape flipped on the rotated screen. Unfortunately, I...
  9. Display Orientation to portrait But how to Mouse movement in landscape

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display Orientation to portrait But how to Mouse movement in landscape: I am on a laptop and I want to use a software in portrait mode but I want mouse setting in landscape. In portrait my mouse setting are flipped, when I move to the left it goes up and vice versa. i want it to go up when I drag my mouse to up and to left when I drag my mouse to...
  10. RAW Files-Portrait Orientation shown in Landscape Orientation with no rotation option.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RAW Files-Portrait Orientation shown in Landscape Orientation with no rotation option.: I have seen this question over and over again with no real answer provided. For RAW files (not jpegs) pictures taken in the portrait orientation are showing up in the landscape orientation in the windows photo viewer. In the past you could just highlight these photos,...