Windows 10: How do I set my Administrator account in Windows 10

Discus and support How do I set my Administrator account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to run Command Prompt and need to be in Administrator but can't find it. How do I set up the Administrator side of Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZonatedOne5453, Jul 31, 2018.

1. How do I set my Administrator account in Windows 10

I am trying to run Command Prompt and need to be in Administrator but can't find it. How do I set up the Administrator side of Windows 10?

:)

ZonatedOne5453, Jul 31, 2018
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I set my Administrator account in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jul 31, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

How do I set my Administrator account in Windows 10

95Viper, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

How do I set my Administrator account in Windows 10

1. How do I set my Administrator account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - set Administrator account

2. how do i set my account back to administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i set my account back to administrator?: so, i accidently set my windows account from administrator to guest, now i can't do anything on my pc to change it back which is a big issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-my-account-back-to-administrator/ea140050-7bda-4785-808a-a1fd5c55acc9
  3. how do i set my account back to administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i set my account back to administrator?: so, i accidently set my windows account from administrator to guest, now i can't do anything on my pc to change it back which is a big issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-my-account-back-to-administrator/ea140050-7bda-4785-808a-a1fd5c55acc9
  4. How do I change my account to administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my account to administrator?: I’m on windows 11 and can’t find the change account type setting. There’s no family & other users setting so I’m unsure what to do as I’m trying to allow third party apps on my laptop....
  5. How do I change my account to administrator?

How do I change my account to administrator?: I’m on windows 11 and can’t find the change account type setting. There’s no family & other users setting so I’m unsure what to do as I’m trying to allow third party apps on my laptop....
  6. How do i change the microsoft account on my windows 10 pc administrator account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change the microsoft account on my windows 10 pc administrator account ?: I have two accounts on my windows 10 pc. one is for my kid - daniel - and one for me. my account is also the administratorfor some reason my administrator account appears connected to my son's email and this seems to prevent me from being able to install minecraft legends...
  7. How do i change the microsoft account on my windows 10 pc administrator account ?

How do i change the microsoft account on my windows 10 pc administrator account ?: I have two accounts on my windows 10 pc. one is for my kid - daniel - and one for me. my account is also the administratorfor some reason my administrator account appears connected to my son's email and this seems to prevent me from being able to install minecraft legends...
  8. How do i change the microsoft account on my windows 10 pc administrator account ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. how do I find my administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I find my administrator account: I can not find my administrator account name as I keep getting blocked out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-administrator-account/a1370575-5c3a-4a38-a79b-03fc609c2f9a
  10. how do I change the administrator on my account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do I change the administrator on my account?: How do i Change the administrator name and email address on my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-administrator-on-my-account/3359495c-b329-4ba5-876a-2508618c8449"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how set my windows account as administrator