Windows 10: How do I set some sort of AFK message on the lock screen

Discus and support How do I set some sort of AFK message on the lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'd like to be able to set some sort of away message on my lock screen. Basically somtehing like "Gone for lunch, back at 12", "Coffee run, back in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KarlVL, Jul 11, 2016.

1. KarlVL Win User

How do I set some sort of AFK message on the lock screen

I'd like to be able to set some sort of away message on my lock screen.

Basically somtehing like "Gone for lunch, back at 12", "Coffee run, back in 10 minutes.", "In a meeting".
    Some script to set a premade background on the lock screen, and then lock the computer would be a simple solution.

If I could set this to update using my calendar or sype status it would be even better. (So if I'm in a meeting, it should just state that I'm in a meeting and when the meeting is scheduled to end, not any detail.)

:)

KarlVL, Jul 11, 2016

2. How do I get rid of the lock screen on start up?

I have a desk top PC, and I am the only user of this PC, how do I get rid of the lock screen on start up as I am sick of putting in a password for a computer only I use How do I set some sort of AFK message on the lock screen :p

peterdelahaye, Jul 11, 2016
  3. John Sarc Win User
    How do I get rid of the lock screen on start up?

Hi Peter,

Let's get this done so you don't need to type in the password every time you access the computer. We found this
    thread
    (see Ruth Buruga's response). It provides information on how to turn off/disable the lock screen. Other Community members find it helpful. Give it a try.

John Sarc, Jul 11, 2016
  4. How do I set some sort of AFK message on the lock screen

How do I set some sort of AFK message on the lock screen [​IMG]

nigelmercier, Jul 11, 2016
Thema:

How do I set some sort of AFK message on the lock screen

1. How do I set some sort of AFK message on the lock screen - Similar Threads - set sort AFK

2. Uhhh, what? Is this some sort of feature, and how do I go back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uhhh, what? Is this some sort of feature, and how do I go back: [ATTACH] What’s going on? submitted by /u/MemeEndevour [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13h0o76/uhhh_what_is_this_some_sort_of_feature_and_how_do/
  3. how do I type a text message on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I type a text message on my lock screen?: How do I add a text message on the lockscreen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-type-a-text-message-on-my-lock-screen/5940522b-2350-464c-9767-48ae4b7879e8
  4. how do I type a text message on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I type a text message on my lock screen?: How do I add a text message on the lockscreen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-type-a-text-message-on-my-lock-screen/5940522b-2350-464c-9767-48ae4b7879e8
  5. how do I type a text message on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. how do i disable lock screen

how do i disable lock screen: I have tried every avenue to disable the lock screen. I have a program that has to monitor my computer at all times. When I am away from this computer for a time, the lock screen pops up and kicks the program that is monitoring me off. I do not have the personalization...
  7. Some settings are managed by your organization message on Lock Screen Settings and Google...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some settings are managed by your organization message on Lock Screen Settings and Google...: My Google Chrome and lock screen report that some settings are being managed by my organization. This all started after an update and I haven't found anything that helps me. I'm using Windows 10 Home. It's a home only desktop computer, and I don't belong to any...
  8. How do I disable the lock screen?

How do I disable the lock screen?: How do I disable the lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-disable-the-lock-screen/047e1756-4de0-4eb3-b583-328622e93448
  9. Message on lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Message on lock screen: Hello. I recently went to open my laptop up and found a strange message on my lock screen. In a green square was a message which read something like 'see what's going on irl' and also had a circle with a 1 in it, next to which it said something about Mail. I run regular...
  10. "Lock Screen" Settings Do not Work

in Windows 10 Support
    "Lock Screen" Settings Do not Work: I am trying to defeat screen lock on my system while YouTube uploads a video. If the screen saver engages I only have a few seconds to disengage it before the upload locks. I have tried "Never" and "5 hours" as my choices. However after only a few minutes the screen locks and...