Windows 10: How do I set the default app for browsing to IE 11

Discus and support How do I set the default app for browsing to IE 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Have tried this: http://www.howtogeek.com/223144/how-...in-windows-10/ ...but doesn't work for me - constantly nagged every time I open a link... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by woldsweather, Aug 16, 2015.

1. How do I set the default app for browsing to IE 11

woldsweather, Aug 16, 2015

2. Set InPrivate Browsing as Default in IE 11

Hi All,

I would really appreciate it if you could tell me how I can set InPrivate Browsing as default in IE11.

I know how to turn it on for a browsing session but I would prefer to have it be a default when IE is opened.

Thanks

Emma

EmmaCherry, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Set InPrivate Browsing as Default in IE 11

Hi Emma,

You can not set it as default option. But you need to open it each time by pressing Shift+Ctrl+P.

Open IE, then press Shift+Ctrl+P to open IE in InPrivate.

So please provide feedback about it Windows 10 feedback hub.

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

How do I set the default app for browsing to IE 11

1. How do I set the default app for browsing to IE 11 - Similar Threads - set default app

2. How do I set default app for filetypes not listed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set default app for filetypes not listed?: I have an editor VIM which I'd like to set as the default app for .bat files. Actually it doesn't have to be THE default app, but preferably I would like it listed as an ap that can be used for that file type.Unfortunately, the setting for assigning default apps does not list...
  3. How do I set default app for filetypes not listed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set default app for filetypes not listed?: I have an editor VIM which I'd like to set as the default app for .bat files. Actually it doesn't have to be THE default app, but preferably I would like it listed as an ap that can be used for that file type.Unfortunately, the setting for assigning default apps does not list...
  4. How to set default apps in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to set default apps in Windows 11: Setting up default applications should not be difficult on any platform, but sometimes, companies have certain goals in mind that affect usability. This has been the case since the release of Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system, and has been an ongoing problem with the...
  5. how do I change app settings in the default Windows 10 mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I change app settings in the default Windows 10 mail app?: I used to be able to change settings for this app but now the little cog wheel has disappeared and I can't find any other way to enter into the apps options. Note: I am not talking about Outlook....
  6. How do I set a default

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set a default: I want to set Libre office but it keeps going back to WPS, how can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-a-default/e3bb7e07-68e1-4200-b460-cf2e1d39fbd1
  7. Cannot set IE as a default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot set IE as a default browser: I want to have IE as a default browser. I am trying to set it using Chrome. I do it in the following way: select Internet Options, then Programs but the Programs tab disappears after that. I uninstalled Internet Explorer and reinstalled it again but nothing has changed...
  8. Making IE 11 the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Making IE 11 the default browser: Our company still use IE 11 for many things and I was looking for a way to make it the default browser, anybody got some good tips on how to do this? many thx *Biggrin 125823
  9. How do I set All Default Apps?

How do I set All Default Apps?: I am trying to Set All defaults for my apps. But doing that is impossible. Going to settings -> Apps -> Default Apps -> Set Defaults By Apps takes me to this page. [ATTACH] I click on an app and I get this button. [ATTACH] Clicking on that button takes me to this...
  10. How do I set Windows to it's default settings?

How do I set Windows to it's default settings?: I am using windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-set-windows-to-its-default-settings/24530a82-b15f-4b57-a10c-8b3146961714

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set inprivate browsing as default in ie 11