Windows 10: How do I set which one of two logons is used when I boot

Discus and support How do I set which one of two logons is used when I boot in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have two logons on my laptop. I would like a specific logon to be used when I start/restart the laptop. Right now the logon I don't want is the one... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jimfof1913, Oct 13, 2015.

1. How do I set which one of two logons is used when I boot

I have two logons on my laptop. I would like a specific logon to be used when I start/restart the laptop. Right now the logon I don't want is the one that's being used. Both logons have passwords.

:)

Jimfof1913, Oct 13, 2015
  2. tapps57 Win User

Boot Windows 10

Windows 10 does not allow choice of user upon cold boot or reboot: show a User Screen to choose a user to logon.

The PC will Automatically logon to the Last account used. I would like to choose which user to logon.

I request to choose which user account to logon to: Windows 7 does this. Two users on this PC with no passwords.

Question: When powered on: How can I choose which user will use PC?

tapps57, Oct 13, 2015
  3. How do I remove one of the two log in options when I start my computer?

Hi,

Please reply, did you check if the account is displayed in netplwiz?

Check if the account is displayed under netplwiz window by following the steps below and check if you can remove the account.

• Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard to open
      Run command
    • Type netplwiz and press Enter key on the keyboard.
    • Check if the account is located in the window. If yes, select and click on
      Remove option which will now be available in the window.
    • Close the window and restart the computer to check if the changes are effective on the computer.

If the issue persists, follow the steps below to remove the user account from
    Computer management window and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Computer management and select the top most search result.
    • From the left side panel under System tools expand
      Local users and Groups
      and click on Users folder.
    • Select the user name from the right side panel of the window, right click and select
      Delete from the context menu.
    • Close the window and restart the computer to check if the changes are effective on the computer.

Write to us with the status of deleting a user account on the computer for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 13, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How do I set which one of two logons is used when I boot

Hello Jim, *Smile

By default, the last user is the one that is selected on the sign in screen at startup. You of course can select another account to sign in to instead though.

If you wanted to have Windows automatically sign in to a specified account at startup, then you could use the tutorial below to do so.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Oct 13, 2015
Thema:

How do I set which one of two logons is used when I boot

1. How do I set which one of two logons is used when I boot - Similar Threads - set logons used

2. One child, two devices - how do I block websites on one device used for school but not the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One child, two devices - how do I block websites on one device used for school but not the...: We have one child with two laptops...one for school and one for home free time. I want to block almost all of the internet access other than educational material from his school computer, but allow most of it on the home computer. I don't see how to do that. Please help....
  3. One child, two devices - how do I block websites on one device used for school but not the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One child, two devices - how do I block websites on one device used for school but not the...: We have one child with two laptops...one for school and one for home free time. I want to block almost all of the internet access other than educational material from his school computer, but allow most of it on the home computer. I don't see how to do that. Please help....
  4. why do I have two email addresses... I do use only one.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why do I have two email addresses... I do use only one.: Microsoft is always trying to use an old email address that I do not use anymore. How can I erase it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-two-email-addresses-i-do-use-only/e8608d2d-9541-4694-b38e-e75cde3d9485
  5. When using two monitors, how do I make a single-screen screensaver like 3D Maze (which I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When using two monitors, how do I make a single-screen screensaver like 3D Maze (which I...: It's the title, basically. For a better point of reference, I will tell you what 3D Maze looks like on my dual monitor setup currently: absolutely terrible. It thinks it should stretch one camera view of the maze from the left edge of the primary monitor all the way over to...
  6. How do I merge two Users into one?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I merge two Users into one?: I have an HP 15 Notebook PC using WIN 10 Home. I'm the sole User, but I have two Users folders let's say A & B. A is all the Data. B is all the AppData. It's been like that for several years since I first set up my Notebook & probably made an error in that. It doesn't cause...
  7. Which one do I do? It’s a new computer...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which one do I do? It’s a new computer...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sixsavior [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5rhmh/which_one_do_i_do_its_a_new_computer/
  8. How do I set which microphone and speakers I want Windows to use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I set which microphone and speakers I want Windows to use?: How do I set which microphone and speakers I want Windows to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-which-microphone-and-speakers-i-want/e72bc4f0-63f3-4337-b8df-65c647edc435
  9. How do i use this two themes?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i use this two themes?: i just installed this two themes[ATTACH] But when i go to themes option from settings these themes doesn't appears, but when i go to (Store>Installed apps) and click apply it takes me to this page [ATTACH] But Dosent shows any of those themes...
  10. How do I combine two users into one admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I combine two users into one admin: I downloaded windows 10 on my husband's desktop computer. He is the one user. Somehow his stuff is separated into two users - me being the other user. It may be a problem with our google/gmail accounts that messed things up, but I didn't do anything to indicate their would be...