Windows 10: How do I share now that Homegroups are no longer available?

Discus and support How do I share now that Homegroups are no longer available? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just updated to latest insider build. I have a desktop that acts as a server to my laptop connected to TV. Latest insider build no longer has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pittguy578, Jan 12, 2018.

1. How do I share now that Homegroups are no longer available?

Just updated to latest insider build. I have a desktop that acts as a server to my laptop connected to TV. Latest insider build no longer has Homegroup. Is there a work around ?

:)

pittguy578, Jan 12, 2018
  2. LDULAC Win User

How do I create a new homegroup?

How do I create a new homegroup?

Running Win 10 Pro V1703 64 bit build 15063.674

I have not used this feature; but only attempted to set a homegroup up

Now when I select staRT>CONTROL PANEL>CHOOSE HOMEGROUP AND SHARING

OPTIONS > I DO NOT SEE HOW TO IDENTIFY THE HOMEGROUP NAME.

uNDER NETWORK> HOMEGROUP i SEE A MSG THAT user has created a homegroup

But when I select JOIN and enter a password, I receive this msg:

Windows no longer detects a homegroup on this network

to create a new homegroup click ok then open

homegroup in control pqnel.... but create is not an option.

help

LDULAC, Jan 12, 2018
  3. how to stop homegroup, buy not really...

This is a strange problem, the Network and Sharing Center says I have created a homegroup, but it only shows the "join now" button. I cannot turn off (leave) the homegroup because I have not actually joined yet, I guess, so that I could try and create a
    new homegroup; because when I click on the "join now" button and paste in the password, I get a message: "Windows no longer detects a homegroup on this network. To create a new homegroup click OK, and then open HomeGroup in Control Panel." If I open HomeGroup
    in the Control Panel, it's the same thing, just the "join now" button. There is nothing about leaving the homegroup or creating a new homegroup.

If I right click on the network icon in the notification area, there is a "HomeGroup: Available to join" link listed with my active network, but it just opens the same page with the information that I have created a homegroup on the network and the "join
    now" button.

In brief, Windows is saying I have created a homegroup, but I cannot join it or leave it either. This is the same on the second computer I would like to connect to. There is a homegroup and a "join now" button, but then the message "Windows is no longer
    detecting a homegroup on this network"; because of course, I am not connected to the homegroup on the first computer, which is where the homegroup was originally created.

A few months ago I changed the 500 GB Hard Drive for a 500 GB SSD drive on the first (primary) computer, and I don't know if I've used the homegroup since then or not. Could this have anything to do with the problem?

How can I create a new homegroup or at least fix the one that exists but doesn't exist?

wondermuse, Jan 12, 2018
  4. How do I share now that Homegroups are no longer available?

Hi pittguy578

This youtube tutorial should help.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 12, 2018
Thema:

How do I share now that Homegroups are no longer available?

1. How do I share now that Homegroups are no longer available? - Similar Threads - share Homegroups are

2. How do I connect to an existing homegroup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I connect to an existing homegroup?: Moved from Windows 7 to a new Windows 10 laptop, but can't work out how to connect to our homegroup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-to-an-existing-homegroup/95abee85-b3be-46d8-8fe6-591e378edb64
  3. Is Homegroup available on windows 10

Is Homegroup available on windows 10: Is Homegroup available on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-homegroup-available-on-windows-10/216f5bf5-98ad-4c9e-9cb6-add7b96db959
  4. Sharing, homegroups, scanning

Sharing, homegroups, scanning: I'm in my small office where my friend shares space with me; we share internet services also. I'm trying to set a network folder for scanned documents and I'm guessing I need a homegroup so I can share files & media with the other computer. I don't want to share with the...
  5. Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft...

Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft...: In windows 7 I used homegroup to connect to one single network, thereby having easy access between computers. In Windows 10 this is no longer available! Having tried for the past month or so to connect my computers, I am seriously considering reverting to Windows 7, unless...
  6. homegroup sharing

homegroup sharing: I have a new laptop with windows 10 Pro. I have an older home pc with windows 10 home. I set up homegroup on the laptop and received the homegroup code but do not see where to enter that share code on the home pc. I just want to have access to pictures on both. I setup...
  7. How to share files now there's no Homegroup?

How to share files now there's no Homegroup?: At the risk of sounding stupid, now 1803 has removed Homegroup, how do I share/transfer files over to other computers on a network/linked up to the same router? The Homegroup never worked properly anyway, probably due to Windows Firewall being on, but sometimes certain...
  8. How to share files now there's no Homegroup?

How to share files now there's no Homegroup?: Think I've kind of sorted it. Only weird thing is, is sometimes the computers on the network show up, sometimes they don't!
  9. Sharing using Homegroup

Sharing using Homegroup: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with this strange behaviour please? I am trying to share some folders from my laptop to my TV (Sony Bravia kdl-46EX700). The TV is connected to the network via a wire whilst the laptop is wifi. Selecting or deselecting Share with...
  10. Sharing, Homegroup do I need the?

Sharing, Homegroup do I need the?: Windows 10: Only PC user, account shows me as Local Account Administrator. Is this the same as a simple "Local Account". Ir not what should I make it? Do I still have a reason to have a "Network"? Have a wireless router, connected to desktop with ethernet cable I use...