Windows 10: How do I shut down SkypeHost.exe?

Discus and support How do I shut down SkypeHost.exe? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden, I'm getting 'requests to join' from people I've never heard of on Skype. I don't use Messenger or Skype and I don't like the fact that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rzn6jw, Nov 22, 2015.

1. rzn6jw Win User

How do I shut down SkypeHost.exe?

All of a sudden, I'm getting 'requests to join' from people I've never heard of on Skype. I don't use Messenger or Skype and I don't like the fact that my PC (and maybe its contents) now seems to be accessible to anyone in the world.

I tried to terminate SkypeHost.exe in Task Manager but it immediately starts again. Apparently it's not a service, so I can't disable it.

How do I shut this app down permanently?

Thanks.

:)

rzn6jw, Nov 22, 2015

2. How do I remove the "Shut down" option?

I am researching for available options. Will update this thread when I find something workable.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 22, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 22, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Have you tried task manager, click on the startup tab and disable Skype? That should stop it from starting with windows.

essenbe, Nov 22, 2015
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    I think I right-clicked and uninstalled the Skype app from the All Apps screen/tab/window. At the moment, it can't be found.

pyramid10, Nov 22, 2015
  6. Check to see if it is a start up item. Use Task Manager to do this, click the Startup tab to view the enabled startup items. If skype is listed as enabled, right click on skype, click disable to stop skype.

lopedoggie, Nov 22, 2015
  7. rzn6jw Win User
    Fixed (I hope). I uninstalled the Skype app and SkypeHost.exe disappeared from Task Manager. Apparently the Skype app controls SkypeHost.exe and SkypeHost.exe is still in the MS Messenger folder so it should start automatically is I ever reinstall Skype.

Thanks for the replies

rzn6jw, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I shut down SkypeHost.exe? - Similar Threads - shut down SkypeHost

2. Laptop keeps shutting down, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps shutting down, how do I fix it?: My laptop keeps shutting down by itself within 4-7 minutes whenever I open a game, after 5 times of shutting down when the blue screen came I troubleshooted and I couldn't reset the pc or diagnose the problem, please tell me how to fix it. There is also no folder in my laptop...
  3. Laptop keeps shutting down, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps shutting down, how do I fix it?: My laptop keeps shutting down by itself within 4-7 minutes whenever I open a game, after 5 times of shutting down when the blue screen came I troubleshooted and I couldn't reset the pc or diagnose the problem, please tell me how to fix it. There is also no folder in my laptop...
  4. How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?: Since I bought a new ASUS laptop I cannot get rid of this annoying option: "slide to shut down the window" after my laptop goes to sleep mode and I want to start using it again. Why I cannot remove it and go directly to enter the password screen? Often it messes up and...
  5. How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?: Since I bought a new ASUS laptop I cannot get rid of this annoying option: "slide to shut down the window" after my laptop goes to sleep mode and I want to start using it again. Why I cannot remove it and go directly to enter the password screen? Often it messes up and...
  6. How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. HOW DO I SHUT DOWN THE ALT + TAB HOTKEY?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW DO I SHUT DOWN THE ALT + TAB HOTKEY?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?: I need to disable the Alt + Tab hotkey. it keeps screwing up my games when i'm playing causing windows i dont **** want to pop up on top of my fullscreen game. HOW THE **** DO I TURN IT OFF?!?!!? why the **** is there not a **** option to just....you...
  8. How do I revert auto shut down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I revert auto shut down?: When I first made my PC I Googled a list of the things I should do first, and the settings I should change. One of those was a setting that made it so that when you clicked "shut down" it would close programs automatically while showing the "programs are still open" screen....
  9. how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.: the game will not shut down . it keeps running, it will not uninstall because it is running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-shut-down-a-prog-that-will-not-shut-down/dd492b73-69a0-426f-b090-adf83a9cda2b"
  10. How do I make my computer shut down (properly)?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make my computer shut down (properly)?: Since yesterday, I've been trying to find a solution to my PC inability to shut down properly. I've tried to use the (powercfg -h off) to disable hibernation and it did shut down the system but my keyboard stayed on. I guess that the PSU was still giving out power. I recently...