Windows 10: How do I shut off the Cortana displays?

Discus and support How do I shut off the Cortana displays? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [img] 62435 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ironfist, Sep 2, 2016.

1. ironfist Win User

How do I shut off the Cortana displays?

How do I shut off the Cortana displays? [​IMG]

:)

ironfist, Sep 2, 2016
  2. Ruben0527 Win User

How Does One Shut Off Cortana?

I type Cortana in the Search Window, go to Settings, set everything to Off ... and Cortana still annoyingly talks ... How do I shut it up?

Ruben0527, Sep 2, 2016
  3. SamTCat01 Win User
    How do I shut off the lumia 521?

Thank you! That must be the explanation.

SamTCat01, Sep 2, 2016
  4. cbwilsha Win User

cbwilsha, Sep 2, 2016
  5. ironfist Win User
    On tidbits it says they are in the search bar, although the image I posted appeared on the side of my screen.

ironfist, Sep 8, 2016
  6. ironfist Win User
    Wanting to modify this thread, this computer has tidbits off but the messages are still showing.

ironfist, Sep 12, 2016
  7. caperjack Win User
    then the likely assumption would be that the message is coming from somewhere else, but where ,I'm not sure

caperjack, Sep 14, 2016
  8. How do I shut off the Cortana displays?

Check in Cortana notebook under Films & TV (Might be Movies & TV in your location)

See if that is turned on

paulsalter, Sep 14, 2016
  9. You are at the opposite to me. I have tidbits turned on and things like films and tv turned on under cortana (I think I have everything switched on) but I never see any messages like that originate from the action centre /notification area section. She's fine and dandy in the start menu screen but strangely mute in the action centre. Notifications and Settings reveals Cortana is switched on under the settings menus. I think I must of ticked her off, it's not the first time I've been given the silent treatment by the opposite sex!

Scottyboy99, Sep 14, 2016
  10. Same with me
    I get nothing from it unless i click the search box and the info is all there

In its current form its just a gimmick i rarely use

paulsalter, Sep 14, 2016
  11. True, I agree that it is a gimmick and of little or no use. Just would be nice if it worked but not worth worrying about it.

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I shut off the Cortana displays? - Similar Threads - shut off Cortana

2. Display randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display randomly shuts off: I've been having issues with my screen shutting down randomly. That wouldn't be so bad, but it also closes my Discord. It seems to be random. When it first started happening, I checked the power options. One of them was set to shut down after a certain amount of time, so I...
  3. Display randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display randomly shuts off: I've been having issues with my screen shutting down randomly. That wouldn't be so bad, but it also closes my Discord. It seems to be random. When it first started happening, I checked the power options. One of them was set to shut down after a certain amount of time, so I...
  4. How do I turn off Cortana voice?

in Cortana
    How do I turn off Cortana voice?: Back in the olden days I used to communicate with Cortana by typing in my question. Now it has all changed and I seem to be able only to communicate byvoice, but often I still want to type. How do I turn off Cortana voice communication and go back to typing?...
  5. How can I shut off Cortana completely

in Cortana
    How can I shut off Cortana completely: I don't want to use Cortana nor Edge. I shut them off but they must be running because when I clean my temporary files there are plenty of temporary files being produced. What if I used Regedit and deleted every file named Edge and Cortana....
  6. How do I shut off Cortana?

in Cortana
    How do I shut off Cortana?: I want to stop Cortana breaking into my work. I want to shut off the Cortana App. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-shut-off-cortana/af7a879b-935c-40e8-9ed9-c0dd49a423da
  7. Display randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display randomly shuts off: I recently build a new computer and it has been working fine except for one issue. My computer will randomly shut the screen off while everything else is still running. I can hear sound through my headphones and all the fans and RGB are still on. The only way to shut the...
  8. How do I get Cortana to shut up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get Cortana to shut up?: I occasionally use Cortana to quickly take me to a Windows setting, app, or whatever. In the past, when I clicked on it, I got a text box to type into. I did a Windows update yesterday and now Cortana won't just find things by text like I want -- she wants to get to know me....
  9. How do I get Cortana to shut up?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get Cortana to shut up?: I occasionally use Cortana to quickly take me to a Windows setting, app, or whatever. In the past, when I clicked on it, I got a text box to type into. I did a Windows update yesterday and now Cortana won't just find things by text like I want -- she wants to get to know me....
  10. Shutting Off Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting Off Cortana: Is there a way to stop Cortana running in the background. I see it in the "Task Manager', but you cannot 'End Task' it as it comes right back. 13561