Windows 10: How do I shut off Win10 updating for Nvidia driver only?

Discus and support How do I shut off Win10 updating for Nvidia driver only? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; How do I shut off updating for only Nvidia driver and leave auto updating on for all other drivers on my PC? Nvidia encourages the use of their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Jemcrystal, Dec 15, 2016.

1. How do I shut off Win10 updating for Nvidia driver only?

How do I shut off updating for only Nvidia driver and leave auto updating on for all other drivers on my PC?

Nvidia encourages the use of their older drivers but Win10 keeps updating my Nvidia driver. I have to use a past version of Nvidia because current versions do not support the type of Shadowplay aka Share used in my productions. Currently I have Device Installation Settings set to "no" in System Properties > Hardware as is advised on Nvidia forums here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...idia-drivers-/

OS = Win10

:)

Jemcrystal, Dec 15, 2016
  2. TimDodd Win User

windows 10 upgrader does not recognize upgraded display hardware & drivers

The upgrader originally told me my Win7Pro x64 desktop box is compatible with Win10, so I reserved an upgrade. But when the upgrade was ready and I tried to apply it, it told me that my Nvidia GeForce 6800 was incompatible with Win10. I checked with Nvidia
    and found that they have no plans to provide Win10-compatible drivers for this card. So I bought and installed an Nvidia GeForce GT 730 and updated all the drivers. But the Win10 upgrader still thinks I've got a 6800 and refuses to install. How do I get the
    upgrader to recognize my new hardware?

TimDodd, Dec 15, 2016
  3. I DO NOT WANT UPDATES. HOW DO I SHUT THEM OFF FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE; UNLESS I SAY OTHERWISE??!!

Setting your connection as metered is best option.

With Windows 10, you are not really gonna be able to stop updates, because Windows Updates is an huge part of what makes it what it is.

Option 1:

Set your Internet connection as metered:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/manage-windows...

Option 2:

Use Active Hours and Restart options:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/managing-windo...

Option 3:

Use Show/Hide Updates tool to block the update:

Is there an option or work around to block updates or hardware drivers that might cause problems?

Yes, Microsoft has released a KB update (KB3073930) that will let users block or hide Windows or driver updates.

You can download it at the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Andre Da Costa, Dec 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How do I shut off Win10 updating for Nvidia driver only?

Hi, disable check, or set to notify, & change schedule to least frequent.

How do I shut off Win10 updating for Nvidia driver only? [​IMG]

(Right click tray icon, uncheck automatically check....)

Failing that you could block that using a firewall rule or even your hosts file if you know the appropriate IP address.

dalchina, Dec 16, 2016
  5. Helmut Win User
    The reference you give for Windows 10 Hardware drivers, I find did not work. Hardware drivers still seemed to be automatic.
    In fact the dialogue box has now changed (no idea when...), and the options are no longer there now.
    Does not help you, I know that. I would certainly like to see an informed answer as well.

The OP is referring to Windows updates, not Nvidia. You can indeed just select manual updates with the Nvidia updater, but it does not stop Windows updates to Nvidia drivers.

Helmut, Dec 16, 2016
  6. Carsomyr Win User
    When reinstalling GPU drivers I run DDU. DDU automatically blocks windows from updating the GPU drivers. Nifty little tool. Also, if you are uncomfortable with 3rd party software, just know that Nvidia has it stickied over on geforce forums: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...d-12-15-2016-/

Carsomyr, Dec 19, 2016
  7. cbwilsha Win User
    Use Wushowhide troubleshooter which you will find HERE along with instructions.

C.B.

cbwilsha, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I shut off Win10 updating for Nvidia driver only?

1. How do I shut off Win10 updating for Nvidia driver only? - Similar Threads - shut off Win10

2. How to shut off microsoft updates ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to shut off microsoft updates ?: every week I go thru this. Windows does updates, then all the machines are broken. Takes me the rest of the week to fix them all, how do we stop windows updates ?I have 40 machines that I have to repair every time windows does updates.How do we fix this ?...
  3. How to shut off microsoft updates ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to shut off microsoft updates ?: every week I go thru this. Windows does updates, then all the machines are broken. Takes me the rest of the week to fix them all, how do we stop windows updates ?I have 40 machines that I have to repair every time windows does updates.How do we fix this ?...
  4. How to shut off windows updates

How to shut off windows updates: I have asked this question hundreds of times, with no solution.So, I have disabled windows update services, even removed WSUS to break windows updates. Windows continues to update.I don't think Microsoft understand how crippling windows updates makes machines. I bought an...
  5. **UPDATE** How do I know if it is safe to shut off my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    **UPDATE** How do I know if it is safe to shut off my computer?: Hello, this is kinda a follow-up from the last post where I changed something in the BIOS and didn't know if it was gonna turn back on. After getting a recent blue screen, it restarted with no issues, so will it be safe to shut my PC down completely? This isn't about a...
  6. Disable automatic updates for Nvidia drivers only. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable automatic updates for Nvidia drivers only. Is it possible?: After a year of working with fresh Windows, I suddenly got an update today for my Nvidia DCH driver. I did a small research and my guess is that Windows 10 updates DCH driver like a part of regular Windows Drivers Updates (setupapi.dev log file also contains a record about...
  7. How do I shut off Cortana?

in Cortana
    How do I shut off Cortana?: I want to stop Cortana breaking into my work. I want to shut off the Cortana App. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-shut-off-cortana/af7a879b-935c-40e8-9ed9-c0dd49a423da
  8. How do I shut off aeroplane mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I shut off aeroplane mode: I have windows 10. microsoft have done update. airoplane mode is now flashing and blocking my internet access. Have attempted to turn of, Not possible as this is also flashing and does not allow movement of switch/button. Help...
  9. Nvidia Driver wont update Win10 is blocking new update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia Driver wont update Win10 is blocking new update: Nvidia Driver wont update Win10 is blocking new update. Ive tried every i can find on how to fix it. Nothing works. But everything is pointing to Windows 10. Now Microsoft says ending support of 7 but this issue is still one for the past 3-4years now. I reverted back to 7...
  10. How do I shut off the Cortana displays?

How do I shut off the Cortana displays?: [img] 62435