Windows 10: How do I start windows defender with Norton?

Discus and support How do I start windows defender with Norton? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just downloaded and installed the latest version of Norton AV, Now the windows Defender icon has a red X and says action needed. I cant start it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 40intrepid, Feb 1, 2018.

1. How do I start windows defender with Norton?

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of Norton AV, Now the windows Defender icon has a red X and says action needed.
    I cant start it from the control panel, how do I start it through Norton?

To clarify I mean the windows firewall doesnt seem to be on.

:)

40intrepid, Feb 1, 2018

2. how do I pin windows defender to start?

Of course you can also create a shortcut to the old familiar Windows Defender User Interface, which is still alive and kicking in the Creators Edition – and then pin that shortcut to the Start menu or taskbar if you like:

Create Windows Defender Antivirus Shortcut in Windows 10

The notification area icon for the Windows Defender Security Center
    is now enabled by default, but it appears in the hidden icons box. You can just drag it out and drop it in the
    notification area proper if you want to unhide it.

GreginMich, Feb 1, 2018
  3. Bruce Hagen, Feb 1, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

How do I start windows defender with Norton?

Usually installing a third-party AV program will disable Windows Defender. One really does not want 2 or more AV programs running at the same time, usually causes conflicts between what is safe and what is not. As for the Windows Firewall, doesn't Norton include the same? Same thing, only 1 at a a time. I find it easier in Control Panel, put control in the Search box and click on the first result.
    How do I start windows defender with Norton? [​IMG]

Berton, Feb 1, 2018
  5. OK. I ran Live Updates in Norton and restarted the computer, now the Windows Defender in the control panel now reports the firewall is running like usual.
    But the windows Defender shield icon in the toolbar still has the red X on it, and when I click the icon, a page opens titled
    Windows Defender Security Center.There is a red x where it says "firewall, network, and protection center" and a link that opens my Norton.
    But it gives no clue as to what changes are needed to make the red X go away.
    I dont have Norton firewall, just AV, and all the protections in my Norton are green and good to go.
    I'm sure the Defender firewall is turned on, so it may be a reporting issue. I am having no problems otherwise.

40intrepid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I start windows defender with Norton?

1. How do I start windows defender with Norton? - Similar Threads - start defender Norton

2. How do I start Microsoft Defender if it can't start?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I start Microsoft Defender if it can't start?: Hello, today I ran into a problem, I can't open Microsoft Defender. I tried to go through the settings, but even after starting the antivirus, it hung on the Microsoft Defender logo. I click on the icon does not start at all. Before that, I disabled Microsoft Defender, and...
  3. How do I start Microsoft Defender if it can't start?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I start Microsoft Defender if it can't start?: Hello, today I ran into a problem, I can't open Microsoft Defender. I tried to go through the settings, but even after starting the antivirus, it hung on the Microsoft Defender logo. I click on the icon does not start at all. Before that, I disabled Microsoft Defender, and...
  4. This happened to my Windows Defender after I uninstalled Norton, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This happened to my Windows Defender after I uninstalled Norton, what do I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jobinmatt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fupgue/this_happened_to_my_windows_defender_after_i/
  5. Windows Defender or Norton

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender or Norton: Should I stay with windows defender or go with Norton? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-or-norton/eb0e3ceb-7a08-49a3-9414-5bbd384c1f39
  6. How do I un-install Windows Defender in Windows 10? I prefer Norton.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I un-install Windows Defender in Windows 10? I prefer Norton.: How do I un-install Windows Defender in Windows 10? I prefer Norton. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-un-install-windows-defender-in-windows-10/47a144a9-ba54-4529-a9c0-59f8607a62b9
  7. Norton and Defender conflict

Norton and Defender conflict: Since the KB 4471332 Windows 10 (V1809) Update I have had problems with security conflicts on my Acer Laptop. I had previously posted this problem in the 'Updates' forum and thought that I had resolved it by a simple Norton uninstall/reinstall but it seems that the problem...
  8. I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender?

I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender?: I am running Norton Security. How do I turn off Windows Defender? * Original title: Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/i-am-running-norton-security-how-do-i-turn-off/43ce2040-06f4-4389-9636-ad2a5c5d20f9
  9. windows defender mcaffee and norton

windows defender mcaffee and norton: I have mcaffee and Norton 360 on my computer. I have clicked over to windows defender. when I click on mcaffee or Norton 360 nothing seems to happen. do I still need them ? can I run them separate to windows defender? or are they now surplus as windows defender is all I...
  10. how do i reactivate windows defender firewall after deleting Norton?

how do i reactivate windows defender firewall after deleting Norton?: how do i reactivate windows defender firewall after deleting Norton? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-reactivate-windows-defender-firewall/d396761a-ebb9-4a51-80ce-528084a58a18"