Windows 10: How do I stop automatic downloads in MS Edge?

Discus and support How do I stop automatic downloads in MS Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I've just installed Windows 10 yesterday and, while using the new Edge browser, I noticed something very annoying and haven't even... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mirkorm, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mirkorm Win User

How do I stop automatic downloads in MS Edge?

Hi everybody,

I've just installed Windows 10 yesterday and, while using the new Edge browser, I noticed something very annoying and haven't even found any topic about this online: whenever I click on a download button while surfing the net (and I could even have clicked it by mistake), the download starts automatically without any confirmation dialog box of any kind.

I've already checked if there was an option in the settings but haven't found it jet; is it there anywhere?

Thanks a lot

:)

mirkorm, Jul 29, 2015
  2. LisaRank1 Win User

How do I stop automatic downloads?

Dave,

Thank you so much for your reply. The CBS folder is 23.5 MB.

I'm assuming that the automatic updates are from other apps rather than Windows updates. Is that correct? I believe it is other apps that are filling up my C drive.

LisaRank1, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Telsor Win User

I just made an account here to see if anybody had the same problem.
    This is a serious fault, if it can't be disabled somewhere. Maybe it is in windows settings somewhere?

Telsor, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Not seen an option for this, it just downloads

best way to ask for this is run the Feedback app, do a search for this in it and add a 'Me To' to the request
    assuming people have already asked for this in the past, which I am sure they will have
    the more people that ask for it, the more chance ms will add the feature

paulsalter, Aug 9, 2015
  6. dataaid Win User
    I'd like to know, also, how to get Edge to prompt me for a download location. I've figured out how to have Edge download to a different default location, however I dislike having all my downloads splat into the same location.

dataaid, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Sharika10 Win User
    Have a look at here..it is not easy as before *Smile
    How to Set the Default Download Location in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Sharika10, Aug 13, 2015
  8. Sharika10 Win User

Sharika10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I stop automatic downloads in MS Edge? - Similar Threads - stop automatic downloads

2. How do I stop automatic updates - Microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I stop automatic updates - Microsoft 10: These automatic updates are ridiculous, especially since it automatically restarts my computer when I have work running on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-stop-automatic-updates-microsoft-10/a95f5d0f-77f2-4dab-b26a-09b8daebf512
  3. How do I stop update from downloading

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I stop update from downloading: It keeps downloading and installing and I don't want it cause it causes my start menu from displaying. I need it to stop installing. [img] 113111
  4. How to block file downloads in MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to block file downloads in MS Edge?: Is there a way to block file downloads in MS Edge? We are using Windows 10 Enterprise and cannot seem to find any information on how this can be achieved.. I would of suspected that this feature is derived from IE policies. We currently have policies in place for IE and...
  5. How to stop updates from downloading automatically ?

How to stop updates from downloading automatically ?: I'd like to have updates set to download at users convenience or at a specific time of day. Is it possible in windows 10 ? 111691
  6. How do I save websites to MS Edge folders

in Browsers and Email
    How do I save websites to MS Edge folders: I've recently had to change my default browser from Firefox to MS Edge. I've imported all my FF folders to Edge, but now am not able to add websites to the folders. I have no problem downloading the website to "Favorites" but I can't get the site to go into the proper folder....
  7. How do I download EDGE

in Browsers and Email
    How do I download EDGE: I have tried EDGE and would like to download it on my computer but all I seem to get is the try edge . Would to download it on my computer and create a desktop icon. Is this possible? If so where do I go Thanks Ben 64440
  8. How do I disable Edge automatic image resizing

in Browsers and Email
    How do I disable Edge automatic image resizing: In the IE browser, it was simple: Internet options - Advanced - Multimedia - Disable automatic image resizing. In Edge, however, I can't find anything in Settings that will do this. 46946
  9. How do I stop automatic updates?

How do I stop automatic updates?: Hi everyone, I hate Windows 10 because it updates without my consent and slows my computer down a lot. I'd like to be notified that new updates are available and give my OK to download and install them. Can anyone help me please? 10707
  10. How to stop windows downloading drivers automatically?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop windows downloading drivers automatically?: Hi guys, I have, apparently identified the culprit for my abrupt restarts with automatic repair firing up. It's the radeon 8750m drivers. the second they begin to install BAM. shutdown+automatic repair. What's the most effective way to not install those drivers all...