Windows 10: How do I stop automatic downloads in MS Edge?

Discus and support How do I stop automatic downloads in MS Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I've just installed Windows 10 yesterday and, while using the new Edge browser, I noticed something very annoying and haven't even... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mirkorm, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mirkorm Win User

How do I stop automatic downloads in MS Edge?

Hi everybody,

I've just installed Windows 10 yesterday and, while using the new Edge browser, I noticed something very annoying and haven't even found any topic about this online: whenever I click on a download button while surfing the net (and I could even have clicked it by mistake), the download starts automatically without any confirmation dialog box of any kind.

I've already checked if there was an option in the settings but haven't found it jet; is it there anywhere?

Thanks a lot

:)

mirkorm, Jul 29, 2015
  2. LisaRank1 Win User

How do I stop automatic downloads?

Dave,

Thank you so much for your reply. The CBS folder is 23.5 MB.

I'm assuming that the automatic updates are from other apps rather than Windows updates. Is that correct? I believe it is other apps that are filling up my C drive.

LisaRank1, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Telsor Win User

I just made an account here to see if anybody had the same problem.
    This is a serious fault, if it can't be disabled somewhere. Maybe it is in windows settings somewhere?

Telsor, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Not seen an option for this, it just downloads

best way to ask for this is run the Feedback app, do a search for this in it and add a 'Me To' to the request
    assuming people have already asked for this in the past, which I am sure they will have
    the more people that ask for it, the more chance ms will add the feature

paulsalter, Aug 9, 2015
  6. dataaid Win User
    I'd like to know, also, how to get Edge to prompt me for a download location. I've figured out how to have Edge download to a different default location, however I dislike having all my downloads splat into the same location.

dataaid, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Sharika10 Win User
    Have a look at here..it is not easy as before *Smile
    How to Set the Default Download Location in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Sharika10, Aug 13, 2015
  8. Sharika10 Win User

Sharika10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I stop automatic downloads in MS Edge? - Similar Threads - stop automatic downloads

2. How to automatically open downloads in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to automatically open downloads in Edge: [IMG]Downloading files like software, documents, and images is more or less a routine task for users nowadays. As a popular web browser, Microsoft Edge, like Chrome, offers an easy-to-use feature for opening these files automatically as soon as the download completes, saving...
  3. How do i stop the automatic updates of edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop the automatic updates of edge: Listen up Microsoft. " I DONT WANT EDGE ON MY COMPUTER" I am so pissed off with EDGE continually updating on my computer. I DONT WANT IT. Every week it automatically updates on my computer and makes itself the default browser. When i revert back to my Google Chrome I loose...
  4. How do i stop the automatic updates of edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop the automatic updates of edge: Listen up Microsoft. " I DONT WANT EDGE ON MY COMPUTER" I am so pissed off with EDGE continually updating on my computer. I DONT WANT IT. Every week it automatically updates on my computer and makes itself the default browser. When i revert back to my Google Chrome I loose...
  5. How do i stop the automatic updates of edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?: I want to stop the downloads from automatically going to "edge"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-downloads-from-automatically-going-to/aaa39101-954b-4491-9402-580b48cc9b1b
  7. how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?

how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?: I want to stop the downloads from automatically going to "edge"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-downloads-from-automatically-going-to/aaa39101-954b-4491-9402-580b48cc9b1b
  8. how do i stop ms notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i stop ms notifications: i keep incessantly receiving e mail messages ref my activities on ms - how do i stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-ms-notifications/bc9e3fa5-481c-4b9b-8918-1c468b0d7a58
  9. downloads in MS Edge

downloads in MS Edge: I downloaded an app in MS Edge but now I want to delete it. The problem is I do not know the path to where it downloaded to. I know on my phone I just go into settings/apps/ and can find all apps. Where does MS Edge put downloads? It is not in my downloads folder. I look...
  10. How do I download EDGE

in Browsers and Email
    How do I download EDGE: I have tried EDGE and would like to download it on my computer but all I seem to get is the try edge . Would to download it on my computer and create a desktop icon. Is this possible? If so where do I go Thanks Ben 64440