Windows 10: How do I stop automatic updates?

Discus and support How do I stop automatic updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I hate Windows 10 because it updates without my consent and slows my computer down a lot. I'd like to be notified that new updates are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by unpetru, Jul 30, 2015.

1. unpetru Win User

How do I stop automatic updates?

Hi everyone,

I hate Windows 10 because it updates without my consent and slows my computer down a lot. I'd like to be notified that new updates are available and give my OK to download and install them.

Can anyone help me please?

:)

unpetru, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 30, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How do I stop automatic downloads?

Hi Lisa,

Can you check something first:

Open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Windows\Logs

What size is the CBS folder contained in the logs folder?

To turn off Automatic Updates:

Open the Settings App

Go to Accounts - Sign-in Options

Choose to sign in with a Local Account rather than a Microsoft Account.

In the Settings App

Go to Network and Internet

Set your WiFi connection as Metered

Click your Start Button, type services and hit ENTER

Scroll down the list of services to find Windows Update

Double click the service

If it has started, click 'Stop'

Then you must set its startup type to 'Disabled' - 'Manual' will not do!

Restart your PC

That's It!

DaveM121, Jul 30, 2015
  4. z3r010 Win User
  5. unpetru Win User
    Thanks. Worked very well! *Smile

unpetru, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I stop automatic updates?

1. How do I stop automatic updates? - Similar Threads - stop automatic updates

2. How to stop automatic updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop automatic updates: Windows 10 Pro v22H2. Used to be able to download.install Windows 10 updates when the computer wasn't being used for anything else. Windows updates automatically downloads and install on their own. How are automatic updates turned off?...
  3. How to stop automatic updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop automatic updates: Windows 10 Pro v22H2. Used to be able to download.install Windows 10 updates when the computer wasn't being used for anything else. Windows updates automatically downloads and install on their own. How are automatic updates turned off?...
  4. How do i stop the automatic updates of edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop the automatic updates of edge: Listen up Microsoft. " I DONT WANT EDGE ON MY COMPUTER" I am so pissed off with EDGE continually updating on my computer. I DONT WANT IT. Every week it automatically updates on my computer and makes itself the default browser. When i revert back to my Google Chrome I loose...
  5. How do i stop the automatic updates of edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop the automatic updates of edge: Listen up Microsoft. " I DONT WANT EDGE ON MY COMPUTER" I am so pissed off with EDGE continually updating on my computer. I DONT WANT IT. Every week it automatically updates on my computer and makes itself the default browser. When i revert back to my Google Chrome I loose...
  6. How do i stop the automatic updates of edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do I stop automatic updates on Windows 10 permanently?

How do I stop automatic updates on Windows 10 permanently?: How do I stop automatic updates permanently? I have Windows 10, Version 1909 installed on my PC. Dell, Inspiron 3847. For the last few months, I have tried to update to Windows Version 20H2 but the updates fail when it reaches 71% . I have tried using the Media Creation tool...
  8. How do I stop automatically delivered driver updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop automatically delivered driver updates?: Since I need Vulkan support in a game I'm trying to run, and the OEM CPU driver for my laptop makes it impossible to use it, I've removed it and installed the newest drivers for my CPU from the AMD website, which work wonderfully. Now here comes the problem. After this...
  9. How do I stop automatic update in windows 10?

How do I stop automatic update in windows 10?: I am using windows 10 home on my laptop and I am bored of those annoying updatesin windows 10. They are just coming and making computer slow if im not updating....
  10. How do I stop automatic updates - Microsoft 10

How do I stop automatic updates - Microsoft 10: These automatic updates are ridiculous, especially since it automatically restarts my computer when I have work running on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-stop-automatic-updates-microsoft-10/a95f5d0f-77f2-4dab-b26a-09b8daebf512