Windows 10: How do I stop Edge from changing url of favorites

Discus and support How do I stop Edge from changing url of favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; You're welcome. It's the bane of all users that Developers *think* they know what we need but don't listen to suggestions and instead follow the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Anak, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Anak Win User

How do I stop Edge from changing url of favorites

You're welcome.

It's the bane of all users that Developers *think* they know what we need but don't listen to suggestions and instead follow the corporate mandate. Thank God Texaco has a much better business model, and thank you for your years of service in keeping things running well for them.

Some tips about my last post:

• For context you can click on the small blue icon next to Brink said:
      How do I stop Edge from changing url of favorites [​IMG]
      and that will take you to the post and from there you can view the whole thread. This works for any quotes with the blue icon.
    • One of the tips in option five if you're doing it, is to shut down any syncing before the re-set, but if you have corrupt favorites in the cloud wouldn't they re-corrupt Edge when you re-sync? I don't know, maybe they only push in one direction, from where you start the re-sync like Edge? I'd go ahead and re-set then re-sync and see what happens, if it's okay then you're good, but If it does mess things up I would believe you would have to re-set any synced devices including Edge and turn syncing off for them, then when you have Edge the way you like it re-sync your device(s) from Edge as your source.
    • Use the D/L link on the home page for EdgeManage as that will be the latest version. The link I show for more background on EdgeManage only goes to v2.0.0 but you can find v2.0.4 on the EdgeManage Home Page.
    • As you're only working with Edge you might consider doing an image or clone backup at the least I'd do a restore point.

Anak, Apr 5, 2018
  2. jimntx Win User

MS Edge changes the url of some of my favorites and moves other favorites to nonsensical folders.

Web Server's Default Pageg in MS10 favorites list is changed to http://www.houseoftheredeemer.org/lodging html in Edge favorites. (The html is part of the url in Edge.)

Patient Portal (Healow software) for my primary care physician's website was moved from Medical folder to Personal Finance folder! I had to delete in Edge favorites then re-add to Medical to get it placed properly.

Is there any way to stop this foolishness?

:)

jimntx, Apr 11, 2018
  3. graye Win User
    Edge Browser Favorites Keep Disappearing

Hummm... this has been reported quite a bit lately... (this is the 3rd one I've seen today)

No, we do not know how to stop this from happening. About the best we can do is offer you some advice on how to restore you lost favorites and how to better protect them for the next time

Take a look at this answers to this question for more information:

Microsoft Edge lost my favorites

graye, Apr 11, 2018
  4. Vijay B Win User

Upgrade to windows 10 and Internet Explorer opens in a brand new window. None of my favorites or home page was saved

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Are you referring to the favorites in Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?

If you are referring to the favorites in Microsoft Edge, then I would suggest you to try the following steps.

How do I import favorites into Edge from another browser?

How do I import favorites into Edge from another browser?

Post us the results after you try the above steps.

Vijay B, Apr 11, 2018
  5. Anak Win User
    Hi jimntx, Welcome to 10F! *Smile

I found this:

6. jimntx Win User
    Thank you so very much for your suggestions. I think I'll try the EdgeManage app to clean up the Favorites list. I spent over 20 years in IT as a PL1/COBOL/Databus programmer and Systems Analyst. I have never seen such an example of an unfinished product being released for use as MS Edge. Aside from the fact that the developers decided they knew better than the users as to what features were needed and what could be discarded from earlier versions, they also seem to have adopted the policy of "Just release it. There's no time to get it right, but there will always be time to fix it later." When I was at Texaco, that was a termination offense to saddle user communities with software that did not work or had bugs in it. I consider that having a Favorites feature that you cannot really edit to be a MAJOR bug.

jimntx, Apr 19, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I stop Edge from changing url of favorites - Similar Threads - stop Edge changing

2. How do I backup Edge Legacy Favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I backup Edge Legacy Favorites?: Greetings, I'm trying to backup Edge legacy favorites. A tutorial says they are located in this folder: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\ However, the backup program gave errors on these files:...
  3. how do I stop Edge from autostarting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I stop Edge from autostarting?: I do not wish to use Edge. how do I stop Edge from autostarting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-edge-from-autostarting/96461f40-fb06-469b-a2ad-0cc1ab76850e
  4. How do I stop Edge from opening ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop Edge from opening ?: Edge browser opens at boot up or even when I wake my PC from sleep. I can’t figure out how to stop this. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Collierfiber2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khsyd7/how_do_i_stop_edge_from_opening/
  5. How do I add trusted url to edge security

in Browsers and Email
    How do I add trusted url to edge security: Need to know how to add trusted url to edge security. 154288
  6. How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.: Hi, I want to export Bookmarks bar (not bookmarks) from Chrome and then import to Edge's Favorites bar. How do I do? Thank you, 65317
  7. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  8. How to export favorites from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to export favorites from Edge browser: After the "November update" to Windows 10, the Edge browser no longer uses a folder structure to store favorites. Instead, it now uses an Extensible Storage Engine (ESE) database. So, that means you can no longer just do a copy-n-paste in an attempt to export your favorites....
  9. no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?: no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites including the favorites line in the top? 66205
  10. Edit URL for Favorites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Edit URL for Favorites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Edit URL for Favorites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Edit URL for Favorites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change the url in favourites in edge but loses it next time

2. edge modifying favorit url

3. edge favorites url

4. keep edge bookmark from changing to https,
  5. microsoft edge changing saved favorites url,
  6. stop edge changing url of favourite,
  7. how to stop edge from updating favorites urls,
  8. stop edge suggestimg favourities,
  9. url keeps changing &,
  10. can no longer edit url in 2018 edge favorites,
  11. edge keep changing bookmark url,