Windows 10: How do I stop Groove checking Onedrive?

Discus and support How do I stop Groove checking Onedrive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On a fairly new local user, I played a song and Groove loaded and started creating a library of all my songs. I didn't intend to use Groove and swapped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by colif, Aug 14, 2016.

1. colif Win User

How do I stop Groove checking Onedrive?

On a fairly new local user, I played a song and Groove loaded and started creating a library of all my songs. I didn't intend to use Groove and swapped to another player but now every day Runtime broker/Onedrive will run at least once and consume about 40% CPU & up to 1.9gb of ram for about 20 minutes, but it gives all the resources back once finished. This happens a few times in a day, I wouldn't mind if it wasn't every day. Or I knew why it was doing it, or if it would eventually stop.

I have all my music on onedrive but only as a back up, I don't actually use it.

I noticed if I remove Onedrive from list of sources in Groove it would stop the Runtime broker but I have to do this every day as it seems to forget the settings even if I restart PC.

I thought it might be a scheduled task as it repeats the process every few hours even after I remove onedrive as a source of music in Groove, it runs some process called music. I couldn't find a scheduled task anywhere.
    I don't use Groove at all, I would like it to just stop this behaviour as its not necessary. How do I do that?

I asked about this on Microsoft forums and got no answer.

:)

colif, Aug 14, 2016
  2. anupam149 Win User

How do I stop my E63 automatically checking gmail all the time?

hi e63newbie,

if you have set up ur mailbox account under the MESSAGING option, then at the time you exit your mailbox, scroll to your mailbox, select options and select disconnect.

it will stop checking for new mails automatically...

now when you want to check your mail, just go to the messaging menu, your mailbox, open it & select refresh/get new mail option...it will contact the server and fetch new mail.

hope it helps

anupam149, Aug 14, 2016
  3. e63newbie Win User
    How do I stop my E63 automatically checking gmail all the time?

Hi guys, I've just come into this mobile emailling world and am having all sorts of trouble understanding things.

One thing that's really getting me is that I don't want my mobile to check for new mail automatically, I would rather check it when I want to. I have set up my gmail account (still having trouble with mail for exchange) but in the Mfe booklet, it says (under
    improving battery life - page 24) that there is an 'always on' setting for email. I assume this means I can turn it off???? How do I do it????

I also have a green circle on my home page with an = sign in it just under my signal strength icon - anyone know what that means?

Any help would be much appreciated!

thanks very muchly How do I stop Groove checking Onedrive? :)

e63newbie, Aug 14, 2016
  4. How do I stop Groove checking Onedrive?

Hi,
    The easiest way i have found to stop this is to go into Settings, then Privacy, then select Background Tasks from the left
    When in here toggle Groove to Off, this should stop it running in the background

paulsalter, Aug 14, 2016
  5. colif Win User
    Thank you, I marked this as solved if it doesn't happen again tomorrow *Smile

colif, Aug 14, 2016
  6. Hopefully it stays working *Smile

I have a couple of Apps blocked from running in the background, they only do something if i physically open them up now

paulsalter, Aug 14, 2016
  7. colif Win User
    funny how users have to help each other when Microsoft doesn't even have the easy answer *Smile

It worked, thanks for help *Smile

colif, Aug 17, 2016
  8. How do I stop Groove checking Onedrive?

Good to hear it worked for you

Thanks for the confirmation *Smile

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I stop Groove checking Onedrive?

1. How do I stop Groove checking Onedrive? - Similar Threads - stop Groove checking

2. how do I stop desk checking at startup on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I stop desk checking at startup on Windows 10?: Every time I turn on my Dell desktop, I get a Fixing H: message and the fix starts running but after 26 hours it shows there is only 28 percent complete and 55 more hours to run....
  3. how do I stop desk checking at startup on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I stop desk checking at startup on Windows 10?: Every time I turn on my Dell desktop, I get a Fixing H: message and the fix starts running but after 26 hours it shows there is only 28 percent complete and 55 more hours to run....
  4. how do I stop desk checking at startup on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?: We've recently bought a new computer and have transferred all the music files over from the previous PC. They still play fine, but when I choose a particular album now there is no "PLAY ALL" option visible ~ and it will only play one track at a time, which is pretty...
  6. Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?: We've recently bought a new computer and have transferred all the music files over from the previous PC. They still play fine, but when I choose a particular album now there is no "PLAY ALL" option visible ~ and it will only play one track at a time, which is pretty...
  7. How do I stop individual folders uploading to Onedrive

How do I stop individual folders uploading to Onedrive: Online storage is only safe until it isn't. I have a couple of financial files I would prefer not to be on the Cloud and would like to delete them from Onedrive and stop them being uploaded in future. Can this be done, or is it an all or nothing system?...
  8. How do I stop auto save to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop auto save to OneDrive?: I need these files to be on my computer as opposed to one drive, but it seems to automatically save it to one drive and I can't do anything about it. There must be a way to turn this off but I don't know how to do it. Any ideas? submitted by /u/fruitbowl99 [link]...
  9. How to I stop using OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to I stop using OneDrive?: Im recently new to windows so I don’t know much. All my desktop icons and files are synced with onedrive. So if i try to stop using onedrive or delete them from onedrive, they just delete from the desktop. I keep getting notifications that my onedrive is almost full. Can I...
  10. How do I check who is downloading my file on OneDrive?

How do I check who is downloading my file on OneDrive?: I want to share my onedrive folder to my friends by give them a url link to my folder so they can download anything inside the folder. If someone downloading file from my shared onedrive folder, Is the OneDrive username of the person downloading my file visible? For example...