Windows 10: How do I stop HDMI grabbing the audio and let it just have the video ?

Discus and support How do I stop HDMI grabbing the audio and let it just have the video ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to use HDMI from my laptop to a monitor. However, I want to plug a speaker into my laptop for the audio. However, HDMI grabs both the video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bansaw, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Bansaw Win User

How do I stop HDMI grabbing the audio and let it just have the video ?

I want to use HDMI from my laptop to a monitor.
    However, I want to plug a speaker into my laptop for the audio.

However, HDMI grabs both the video and the audio , - I just want it to grab the video and leave the audio alone.

Can it be done ?

:)

Bansaw, Aug 19, 2018

2. PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Aug 19, 2018
  3. HDMI audio

I enjoy watching TV shows on my PC through windows 10 and an HDMI cable. It was working great until the past couple of weeks. The video is fine, but there is no audio. I have not changed settings. Is RealTek the speakers in the PC? Shouldn't the HDMI be
    listed somewhere. Please respond.

DanRooney1, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Zander490 Win User

HDMI audio device "Not plugged in" but shows video

So recently I tried to connect my Acer Aspire V 15 laptop into a screen using HDMI. The video worked, but the audio did not play through the tv speakers.

I tried...
    • different screen
    • Different HDMI cable
    • Restarting
    • Reinstalling Audio/Video Drivers
    • Updating video/audio drivers
    • Audio Troubleshooter
    • Installing generic driver (Microsoft Basic Display Adapter)

But then when I manually updated the Intel Graphics Driver OVER the generic driver, I finally had audio.
    Just thought you guys might want to know since there's a million other ways to fix it on google. Or maybe I read them wrong... Ah well.

Zander490, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I stop HDMI grabbing the audio and let it just have the video ? - Similar Threads - stop HDMI grabbing

2. i have no audio and video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i have no audio and video: i have a weird issue with windows 10 where i cant watch any online video if i have audio, i tried running the troubleshooter but it doesnt do anythingbut sometimes the places switch so i can watch videos but i cant hear anything it makes no sense and when my audio is broken...
  3. i have no audio and video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have no audio and video: i have a weird issue with windows 10 where i cant watch any online video if i have audio, i tried running the troubleshooter but it doesnt do anythingbut sometimes the places switch so i can watch videos but i cant hear anything it makes no sense and when my audio is broken...
  4. i have no audio and video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HOW DO I DO just THAT ? Stopping it FOREVER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I DO just THAT ? Stopping it FOREVER: I want to stop Microsoft from showing me AMYTHING and EVERYTHING by default. I despise this abuse of my privacy . The intrusion of Microsoft Start when I open Firefox browser is driving me nuts!...
  6. HOW DO I DO just THAT ? Stopping it FOREVER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO I DO just THAT ? Stopping it FOREVER: I want to stop Microsoft from showing me AMYTHING and EVERYTHING by default. I despise this abuse of my privacy . The intrusion of Microsoft Start when I open Firefox browser is driving me nuts!...
  7. HOW DO I DO just THAT ? Stopping it FOREVER

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. HDMI audio working but video not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI audio working but video not working: Hi so when I plug my HDMI cable into my laptop it was originally playing the video but had an audio error so I did a troubleshoot and it fixed the audio but somehow the video has now stopped working, I've updated the drivers restarted my laptop multiple times, the TV is...
  9. How do I configure Windows to output audio & video to HDMI?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I configure Windows to output audio & video to HDMI?: I'm told that Windows can use HDMI. I'm considering buying a 7.1 HDMI decoder that has 8 RCA jacks so I can use my existing amplifiers. But I could not find a setting in 'Windows Settings' 'Sound' 'App volume and device preferences' 'Output'. All that is listed is "Speakers...
  10. Laptop HDMI to TV: video but no audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop HDMI to TV: video but no audio: Okay. I'm having one heck of a time trying to get this thing to work. I recently purchased a new Asus laptop running Windows 10. I have it plugged in to an HDMI switcher which, in turn, runs to my TV. Now the problem is I am getting no audio from my TV speakers, but the video...