Windows 10: How do i stop my laptop from connecting to the 2.4GHz channel(wifi)

Discus and support How do i stop my laptop from connecting to the 2.4GHz channel(wifi) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi My wifi has 2 different channels under the same SSID, and I really need to force my wifi to connect to the 5GHz and stop it from connecting back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Quexkeh, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Quexkeh Win User

How do i stop my laptop from connecting to the 2.4GHz channel(wifi)

Hi

My wifi has 2 different channels under the same SSID, and I really need to force my wifi to connect to the 5GHz and stop it from connecting back to the 2.4GHz. I have changed my wifi settings to prefer the 5GHz band, but it will always eventually connect back to the 2.4GHz

I have also tried using other software like wirelessmon(works extremely well, but my 30 days are over), NetSetMan(will still connect back to 2.4GHz), WirelessNetView(same thing happens), and i believe that changing my wifi settings to split the SSID would be the best solution.

However, my router settings does not seem to have any 'split SSID' option.
    My router model number : HG8244H (Huawei)

Is there any other way to force my pc to connect to the 5GHz band of my wifi forever?

:)

Quexkeh, Jul 28, 2018

2. My laptop does not detect my wifi after I change wifi channel from 11 to Auto? How to fix this?

Dear Experts,

I want to change my wifi channel to auto for better connection. but after i do this, my wifi disappears from the wifi list on my laptop. However my smartphone still can connect normally and the speed is fast. I interfere into the setting in my laptop but
    nothing works. Finally I have to restore the channel to 11 as previous state and my laptops detects it. What is the problem and how I can have my laptop connect to auto channel?

Wilson20072000, Jul 28, 2018
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Wifi channel

After finding what the channel is how do I get the computer to use that channel? I do not have an Auto on the Router.

I have a Netgear router, N750 WiFi Router, model WNDR4300

Some of my laptops connect at 5Ghz and others connect at 2.4Ghz. How can I get the ones that connect at 2,4Ghz to connect at 5Ghz.

Is there a way to put the channel in the computer?

lacrumb, Jul 28, 2018
  4. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i stop my laptop from connecting to the 2.4GHz channel(wifi) - Similar Threads - stop laptop connecting

2. how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?: WIFI scans for channels and sets "connect automatically" by default. I want the Default to be "NOT connect automatically"That is what I want, note, not necessarily what you think I should want. PleaseI want to choose the one channel I want to connect to.I want other channels...
  3. How do I connect a remote camera to my laptop via WiFi from a WiFi router?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect a remote camera to my laptop via WiFi from a WiFi router?: The camera is a Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 USB plugThe OS is Windows 10 pro v22H2The router is a Asus RT-N12The camera works fine via USB to laptopCurrently the router is connected to internet via POE injector to a wifi radio mounted outside on top of a stick and the laptop...
  4. How do I connect a remote camera to my laptop via WiFi from a WiFi router?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I connect a remote camera to my laptop via WiFi from a WiFi router?: The camera is a Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 USB plugThe OS is Windows 10 pro v22H2The router is a Asus RT-N12The camera works fine via USB to laptopCurrently the router is connected to internet via POE injector to a wifi radio mounted outside on top of a stick and the laptop...
  5. How do I connect a remote camera to my laptop via WiFi from a WiFi router?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. How do i stop my laptop from connecting and disconnecting from the WiFi after i completely...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop my laptop from connecting and disconnecting from the WiFi after i completely...: I restarted my Laptop completely, like ive deleted all the files and now that its restarted, when i try to connect to the WiFi it connects then disconnects and wont stop, and the WiFi network is working completely fine on the other devices connected to it i honestly dont know...
  7. How do i stop my laptop from connecting and disconnecting from the WiFi after i completely...

How do i stop my laptop from connecting and disconnecting from the WiFi after i completely...: I restarted my Laptop completely, like ive deleted all the files and now that its restarted, when i try to connect to the WiFi it connects then disconnects and wont stop, and the WiFi network is working completely fine on the other devices connected to it i honestly dont know...
  8. How do i stop my laptop from connecting and disconnecting from the WiFi after i completely...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. how do i stop my laptop from

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop my laptop from: how do i stop my laptop from downloading to other devices and it wont download to mine this all happens in google play our any thing google https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-my-laptop-from/25dae210-a994-496a-b9c8-ce0118f28276
  10. how do i stop my laptop from

how do i stop my laptop from: how do i stop my laptop from downloading to other devices and it wont download to mine this all happens in google play our any thing google https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-my-laptop-from/25dae210-a994-496a-b9c8-ce0118f28276

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop laptop connecting on 2.4ghz