Windows 10: How do I stop win 10 from notifying me about firewall

Discus and support How do I stop win 10 from notifying me about firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a router with At&T Uverse. The documentation on att.com says to disable your desktop firewall because we are behind a N.A.T.S and having more... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kathie, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Kathie Win User

How do I stop win 10 from notifying me about firewall

I have a router with At&T Uverse. The documentation on att.com says to disable your desktop firewall because we are behind a N.A.T.S and having more than one firewall will slow you down or conflict. But there is a constant all day reminder that continues to annoy me. I wish I had the option as in windows 7 to "use another firewall" so it would stop but not. Is there a way to stop this?

:)

Kathie, Mar 7, 2016
  2. pleezer Win User

How delete the win 10 update files

I ran the Win 10 app and it tells me that my hardware in not supported by Win 10 and to contact the manufacturer. The manufacturer no longer supports the hardware identified so is there a way to stop Win 10 from notifying me and to get rid of any files
    preloaded on the my Laptop since I can't upgrade from WIN 8.1.

pleezer, Mar 7, 2016
  3. will not stay in sleep mode after Windows 10 Version 1511 upgrade

Hi Harkanwar,

It is the Windows firewall with Win10 1511 that does not allow sleep.

When I turned off Windows Defender the HP Pavilion desktop would not stay asleep.

However when I turned off windows firewall it stayed asleep.

I turned the firewall back on and disabled the notify me when a new app is blocked.

With that disabled is stays asleep.

Is there a serious downside from not being notified when a new app is blocked?

Again this is a Win 10 v 1511 problem this PC did not have a problem before the update.

Thanks for pointing me to the right place.

Tim

Tim in Baltimore, Mar 7, 2016
  4. How do I stop win 10 from notifying me about firewall

Upgrading the antivirus software to one that includes a firewall and even web filtering process will eliminate the need to have the Windows Firewall turned on. The combination N type router here has a firewall as well as software I tried out but ended up eliminating since it wasn't even required to be able to connect through! Windows is completely able to detect an active connection even without the ISP software.

Night Hawk, Mar 7, 2016
Thema:

How do I stop win 10 from notifying me about firewall

1. How do I stop win 10 from notifying me about firewall - Similar Threads - stop notifying firewall

2. How do I stop Windows 10 from reminding me to back up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Windows 10 from reminding me to back up?: Dear MS,What I need I have backed up. Everything else is too big to backup and I won't cry if I lose it it's a conscious decision. Can you please stop reminding me?Specifically, I'm talking about this reminder which keeps coming back to annoy me. In case it's not apparent -...
  3. How do I stop Windows 10 from reminding me to back up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I stop Windows 10 from reminding me to back up?: Dear MS,What I need I have backed up. Everything else is too big to backup and I won't cry if I lose it it's a conscious decision. Can you please stop reminding me?Specifically, I'm talking about this reminder which keeps coming back to annoy me. In case it's not apparent -...
  4. So I've stopped Win 10 updates to stop MS from harassing me about WIn 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I've stopped Win 10 updates to stop MS from harassing me about WIn 11: That's it. MS keeps harassing me to shift to Win 11 I never upgrade OS's. If that is needed I buy a new machine. MS is so in your face that I put all Win 10 updates on pause in the hope of getting MS to stop harassing me to upgrade from an OS they still support. Is there a...
  5. So I've stopped Win 10 updates to stop MS from harassing me about WIn 11

So I've stopped Win 10 updates to stop MS from harassing me about WIn 11: That's it. MS keeps harassing me to shift to Win 11 I never upgrade OS's. If that is needed I buy a new machine. MS is so in your face that I put all Win 10 updates on pause in the hope of getting MS to stop harassing me to upgrade from an OS they still support. Is there a...
  6. So I've stopped Win 10 updates to stop MS from harassing me about WIn 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to stop Compatibilty Assiatant from notifying me Program No Longer Avaialble

How to stop Compatibilty Assiatant from notifying me Program No Longer Avaialble: After updating to Windows 10 version 1803 every time I power on I get Notification from Compatibility Assistant that Program No Longer Available. Message detail says App was removed from PC because it does not work on this version of Windows. I get the option "X", Learn...
  8. How to export rules from Win Firewall?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to export rules from Win Firewall?: How can one export one's own rules from Win Firewall? And how can one import them (e.g. to a new computer or to the same one if a re-install of Win is necessary)? [img] 72484
  9. Windows Firewall Notifier

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall Notifier: Anyone here uses WFN? CodePlex Archive I like to add outbound rules and WFN appears to be the easiest to use tool to so enhance the existing Windows Firewall (I don't want to use third party firewalls) 34832
  10. Windows Update Stopped Notifying Me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Stopped Notifying Me: About six months after upgrading to W10, Windows Update stopped notifying me in advance about updates. How do I fix this glitch, so I know when to expect extra long reboots? 97958