Windows 10: How do I stop Windows Media Player 12.0 from resuming at last point

Discus and support How do I stop Windows Media Player 12.0 from resuming at last point in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to stop WMP 12.0 from resuming playback at the last stop position in a file. I have checked through Tools>Options but can't find a setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cplloyd42, Dec 9, 2017.

1. cplloyd42 Win User

How do I stop Windows Media Player 12.0 from resuming at last point

I would like to stop WMP 12.0 from resuming playback at the last stop position in a file. I have checked through Tools>Options but can't find a setting for this. Is there a registry teak, available?

Thanks in advance,
    Paul.

:)

cplloyd42, Dec 9, 2017
  2. KField50 Win User

resume feature in Windows DVD player for WIndows 10

In Windows DVD player for Windows 10, is there a resume feature -- from last stop or from a bookmark?

KField50, Dec 9, 2017
  3. VIDEO PLAYBACK ANOMALY N95

To resume a video from the last point.

In Video Center. Select STOP (the square button on the media keys) to stop, then back then close. When you select the video again it will ask to resume from beginning or from last viewed point.

Alternatively you can use the >>| button (fast forward) to get back to where you were. Just press and hold it down. look at the time counter until you reach the point you want then release the key.

So the best option is to play from Video Center.

el_loco---01, Dec 9, 2017
  4. cplloyd42 Win User

Well, it looks like there is no way of doing this. Thanks to all of you who gave my problem some thought.

Paul.

cplloyd42, Dec 17, 2017
Thema:

1. How do I stop Windows Media Player 12.0 from resuming at last point - Similar Threads - stop Media Player

2. How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?: How do I set windows media player as the default DVD Player? When ever I play a DVD it opens ClipChmp. How do I change that?<Changed to a question><Original title: Windows Media Player 12>...
  3. How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?: How do I set windows media player as the default DVD Player? When ever I play a DVD it opens ClipChmp. How do I change that?<Changed to a question><Original title: Windows Media Player 12>...
  4. How do I download media player 12 to Windows 11?

How do I download media player 12 to Windows 11?: How do I download media player 12 to Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-media-player-12-to-windows-11/62f2e06c-b4df-4612-b2d2-b14128797dc4
  5. How do I download media player 12 to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download media player 12 to Windows 11?: How do I download media player 12 to Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-media-player-12-to-windows-11/62f2e06c-b4df-4612-b2d2-b14128797dc4
  6. media player 12

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    media player 12: Why does windows media player 12 only show my pictures for a brief moment when I try to view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-12/353aba39-5e4c-4aee-af58-893f54ac8410"
  7. Windows Media Player 12

Windows Media Player 12: I have a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed on it, have had MANY MANY problems, one of the biggest is with the Media Player which would NOT burn cd's for me. I finally just "uninstalled" it completely, been trying both iTunes and just direct burning via my dvd rw...
  8. media player 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media player 12: up until last Wednesday my media player was working now I cant open my media player 12 in windows 10 the following problem comes up "cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet" can you solve this problem for me please Ray...
  9. Windows Media Player 12 stopped working suddenly

Windows Media Player 12 stopped working suddenly: I have WMP12 Win10 64bit. It was playing WAVs and MP3s fine, but suddenly stopped working. Cant find a WMP12 download anywhere to try reinstall. I also have asio4all on my computer but thats not active I believe. Groove Music plays all fine. Why has WMP12 stopped wortking?...
  10. windows media player 12

windows media player 12: can someone tell me why windows media player 12 wont play youtube video's, it plays the audio side but not the video of it.. I had windows media player 11 in before the windows 10 update and now media player wont play the videos only audio.. need help here... 14082