Windows 10: How do I successfully eject Samsung phone?

Discus and support How do I successfully eject Samsung phone? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an external hard drive (Drive D). I also have a Samsung Galaxy phone. If I plug the phone into a USB port to transfer photos the phone appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Judesman, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Judesman Win User

How do I successfully eject Samsung phone?

I have an external hard drive (Drive D). I also have a Samsung Galaxy phone. If I plug the phone into a USB port to transfer photos the phone appears in my computer alongside the various drives with its own phone icon. I have no problem accessing the phone and all its files but how do I eject the device? If I go to the notification bar and select "Safely remove hardware and eject media" the only available option is to eject the D drive, no sign of the phone. So how do I eject the phone? Earlier I just removed the connection from the USB port and this does not seem to have caused a problem. Any help please?

:)

Judesman, Nov 8, 2016

2. Can't eject external drive

Thanks for the help.

Found the snipping tool.

But the Microsoft Tech couldn't help with the eject issue - it's an Atomos media card reader using a Samsung SS Card. He suggested I call Samsung to find out how to eject it from a Windows 10 desktop.

Hmmm.

I ended up shutting off the PC to disconnect the reader.

SusanHess Logeais, Nov 8, 2016
  3. eject a disc

how do I eject a disc from my laptop with Windows 10??

I cannot find any eject command

trevornewnham, Nov 8, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

The Phone doesn't have same file system as your computer or your other USB drives, so it doesn't show up in the Safely Remove List. Just unplug it as you have done, it will cause no harm.

spunk, Nov 8, 2016
Thema:

1. How do I successfully eject Samsung phone? - Similar Threads - successfully eject Samsung

2. Your Phone app links successfully, but does nothing else. How do I use the features to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone app links successfully, but does nothing else. How do I use the features to...: I followed the instructions to connect my iPhone, which worked perfectly. The problem is that I see a box with my phone in it, which properly reflects the name of the phone, but it shows no other data about the phone. Clicking on About reveals a page that says "Features" at...
  3. One Drive and Samsung, How do I restore A samsung phone from one drive now that samsung...

One Drive and Samsung, How do I restore A samsung phone from one drive now that samsung...: Hi, Samsung has referred me over to Microsoft because OneDrive is a Microsoft Product. I have a premium account with One drive. I have a linked account with Microsoft and Samsung. Samsung is ending Samsung Cloud, and recommending I either link or sync with one drive. The...
  4. Microsoft Windows 10, 64Bit - How Do I Successfully Connect Samsung SL-C1860 Wireless...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Windows 10, 64Bit - How Do I Successfully Connect Samsung SL-C1860 Wireless...: My neighbor has been hacking into my system so I've had to temporarily connect my PC to my Hotspot. Until I get something new set up, possibly a new router, I need to set up my printer/scanner to the hotspot and unsure how to do this, esp. to successfully scan wirelessly. I...
  5. how do i safely eject a drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i safely eject a drive: Please explain in terms a simpleton can understand how you safely eject a device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-safely-eject-a-drive/05ea6024-b6ca-43e3-a6ab-a1547eca5fbf
  6. How do I eject an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I eject an external hard drive?: When I go to eject the drive, the eject button is greyed out and I can't click on it. When I go to the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" to try and eject, it says that it cannot because it's still being used in a program. I ended up closing all my programs and windows...
  7. how do I see on my pc what is on my samsung cell phone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I see on my pc what is on my samsung cell phone?: how do I see on my pc what is on my samsung cell phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-on-my-pc-what-is-on-my-samsung-cell/426461d5-c7dc-470f-af40-e3070c1ed73b
  8. How do I turn off the the App for my Android Samsung J2 phone?

How do I turn off the the App for my Android Samsung J2 phone?: I am getting tired of constantly having to enter a pin number to use my phone. How do I get rid of this App I got thru Microsoft? Thanks in advance....
  9. How do I know if a backup has ended and was successfully?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I know if a backup has ended and was successfully?: How do I know if a back up has ended and was successfully? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up/e2acf5e6-e521-4419-a406-840b4ccf979f"
  10. YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell

in Windows 10 Support
    YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell: Had this working last year on a different cell and number. YourPhone does not recognize the new cell. I am thinking that it is trying to link to the old one. The new cell has the APP installed and it says Your Phone And Pc Are Connected. What to do!!! Is there a way to give...