Windows 10: How do I successfully eject Samsung phone?

Discus and support How do I successfully eject Samsung phone? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an external hard drive (Drive D). I also have a Samsung Galaxy phone. If I plug the phone into a USB port to transfer photos the phone appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Judesman, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Judesman Win User

How do I successfully eject Samsung phone?

I have an external hard drive (Drive D). I also have a Samsung Galaxy phone. If I plug the phone into a USB port to transfer photos the phone appears in my computer alongside the various drives with its own phone icon. I have no problem accessing the phone and all its files but how do I eject the device? If I go to the notification bar and select "Safely remove hardware and eject media" the only available option is to eject the D drive, no sign of the phone. So how do I eject the phone? Earlier I just removed the connection from the USB port and this does not seem to have caused a problem. Any help please?

:)

Judesman, Nov 8, 2016

2. Can't eject external drive

Thanks for the help.

Found the snipping tool.

But the Microsoft Tech couldn't help with the eject issue - it's an Atomos media card reader using a Samsung SS Card. He suggested I call Samsung to find out how to eject it from a Windows 10 desktop.

Hmmm.

I ended up shutting off the PC to disconnect the reader.

SusanHess Logeais, Nov 8, 2016
  3. eject a disc

how do I eject a disc from my laptop with Windows 10??

I cannot find any eject command

trevornewnham, Nov 8, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

The Phone doesn't have same file system as your computer or your other USB drives, so it doesn't show up in the Safely Remove List. Just unplug it as you have done, it will cause no harm.

spunk, Nov 8, 2016
Thema:

1. How do I successfully eject Samsung phone? - Similar Threads - successfully eject Samsung

2. I have tried to de-activate auto update with NO success. How do I accomplish this.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have tried to de-activate auto update with NO success. How do I accomplish this.: I am NOT a geek so please use language that doesn't require a phd in computer science PLEASE and THANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-tried-to-de-activate-auto-update-with-no/2b7f470d-395f-4bcd-8d7d-543eab310ebf
  3. YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell

in Windows 10 Support
    YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell: Had this working last year on a different cell and number. YourPhone does not recognize the new cell. I am thinking that it is trying to link to the old one. The new cell has the APP installed and it says Your Phone And Pc Are Connected. What to do!!! Is there a way to give...
  4. How do i remove the Your Phone Companion app from my phone?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i remove the Your Phone Companion app from my phone?: How do i remove the Your Phone Companion app from my phone? I installed it to see if it was useful for me, it wasn't. When I try to delete it it won't, acts like a system application. You know what kind of program won't let you uninstall it once it's on your system? A virus....
  5. How do I delete old messages in Your Phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete old messages in Your Phone: I purchased a new PC that came with Microsoft Your Phone to link SMS messeges with my cell phone. Works ok, except, cannot delete messages in the app on my PC. MS instructions say to delete content on my phone and that will sync with the PC app..... NOT WORKING. Content...
  6. Your Phone Mirroring feature on none Samsung phones?

Your Phone Mirroring feature on none Samsung phones?: When I first read this announcement about phone mirroring, I was very excited. Actually I am very excited about Your Phone app in general. When it first was released and ш could not even set it up with my phone, I still gave it 5 stars, because of the idea. I know it will...
  7. how to eject a cd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to eject a cd: how to eject my cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-eject-a-cd/defaef52-8b0c-450b-8e5d-a103f693d0a2
  8. How do I sync Outlook with my phone?

How do I sync Outlook with my phone?: I bought a new Google phone. How do I sync outlook w/ my new phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-do-i-sync-outlook-with-my-phone/ad03b149-bdc8-4efd-a1b4-7f31f41982e1
  9. How do I sync Outlook with my phone?

How do I sync Outlook with my phone?: I have a new Google phone and I want to sync my outlook mail. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-do-i-sync-outlook-with-my-phone/ef7518b0-97f7-4102-b856-dc8e32d0ae12
  10. I have one device computer and one phone landline. how do I update the phone # why do I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have one device computer and one phone landline. how do I update the phone # why do I...: I have one device computer and one phone landline. how do I update the phone # why do I have to update and add email address? Aliess? * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: microsoft account...