Windows 10: How do I tell Groove on my Lumia 650 where to find my music?

Discus and support How do I tell Groove on my Lumia 650 where to find my music? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my PC Groove lets me tell it where to look for music. This option doesn't appear to be available on the mobile version. Specifically, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jmcgrath, Aug 12, 2017.

1. jmcgrath Win User

How do I tell Groove on my Lumia 650 where to find my music?

On my PC Groove lets me tell it where to look for music. This option doesn't appear to be available on the mobile version. Specifically, when I download a podcast into my download directory Groove finds it and adds it to my music. I don't want this. I want Groove to only pick up music in my music directory. Is there a solution to my problem? Thanks.

:)

jmcgrath, Aug 12, 2017
  2. clapax Win User

lumias- data transfer?

How do I transfer contacts and photos from Lumia 900 to Lumia 650? Can not find transfer my details on the 650?

clapax, Aug 12, 2017
  3. W Device Rec. Tool doesnt upgrade to latest firmware

650 Lumia

RM-1150

OS 10.0.14393.693

Firmware 01078.00036.16035.4009

Firmware update i want is

01078.00036.16352.50xx

windows device recovery tool on my pc version 2.31 reports my Lumia 650 firmware is up to date?

I tried a Reset no update to firmware then I tried again WDRTool still the same telling me no firmware to update to.

I want the double tap and whatever else comes with this new firmware

Tell me where the firmware is that I can download if this is an option and how to install/flash my Lumia 650

ChiriquiPanama, Aug 12, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

You could try filters.
    On my Lumia, Groove finds any playable audio file on the whole device!
    Ask Cortana to play music and it plays audio book files!!! Drives me nuts!!! *Confused

Edwin, Aug 12, 2017
  5. jmcgrath Win User
    Hi Edwin, I looked at the filters available but none solve my problem. It's annoying that the solution exists on the PC version but not on mobile. It would seem a trivial thing to add since they've got the solution in hand.

jmcgrath, Aug 13, 2017
  6. I feel your pain. My XBOX One will not let me store anything locally on its internal hard drive. I can't copy anything from external storage to the internal hard drive. That means putting all my music etc on external USB storage. Problem is, Groove won't access it. It can't or won't see it. It forces me to use OneDrive. I don't have near enough space on OneDrive for that. So, no way to play my music on my XBOX. Not without installing another App, and hoping it actually does what I want.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I tell Groove on my Lumia 650 where to find my music? - Similar Threads - tell Groove Lumia

2. Where's Groove Music Located on My PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where's Groove Music Located on My PC?: Hi guys, I'm looking to see where groove Music on my pc is located. Where is groove.exe located? I tried searching for it. But I ant find it anywhere. Looking forward to your answers. 155678
  3. Where's Groove Music Located on My PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where's Groove Music Located on My PC?: Hi guys, I'm looking to see where groove Music on my pc is located. Where is groove.exe located? I tried searching for it. But I ant find it anywhere. Looking forward to your answers. 155678
  4. Where is my Groove Music on Windows 10?

Where is my Groove Music on Windows 10?: Where is my Groove Music on Windows 10? It is not in My Music or Music on C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-groove-music-on-windows-10/09f4d108-6bff-4abb-8702-559e1474b25c
  5. how do I connect my ipods to groove music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I connect my ipods to groove music: I trying to snyc music to ipod but I can not get groove music to connect to ipod https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-ipods-to-groove-music/a88904d3-6d2b-4f83-a78a-9cbe08a2f01f
  6. Lumia 650 black screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lumia 650 black screen.: I have a microsoft lumia 650 and I habe taken it to a repair shop and they replaced the screen in the repair shop and when I went back to get my "repaired" phone he put the phone on charge but the phone didnt come on straightvaway but after waiting a while tye screen came on...
  7. Groove deleted my music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove deleted my music: I loaded a bunch if songs into Groove, and a few seconds later most of them were gone from my device. Any ideas why this happened or how I can get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-deleted-my-music/718db575-41e1-49a1-8669-0ad56e7fad5c"
  8. How do I alphabetize the songs in my playlist in Groove Music player?

How do I alphabetize the songs in my playlist in Groove Music player?: I have created a playlist called Favorites but every time I add a new group of songs they show up at the end. I would like them in alphabetical order. Is there any way to do this easily?...
  9. PIN access on Lumia 650

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN access on Lumia 650: Hello. If I create a pin to control access to my Lumia 650 (Windows 10) will it automatically replace the account password on my other synchronised devices and apps? And if so, is 4 digit PIN safer than a strong password? I should add that the phone doesn't support Windows...
  10. How do I copy my music from Groove to a thumb drive?

How do I copy my music from Groove to a thumb drive?: That's the only way I can get it to my hard drive in my car audio system.. 25527