Windows 10: How do I tell the server not to save email copies?

Discus and support How do I tell the server not to save email copies? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My business email mailbox gets filled up and I can't receive new emails. My website host just cleared 50 MB out for me and says I need to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobinNistock, Jul 17, 2018.

1. How do I tell the server not to save email copies?

My business email mailbox gets filled up and I can't receive new emails. My website host just cleared 50 MB out for me and says I need to change the mailbox settings so that the server doesn't save a copy. I can find no place in the settings dialog box that addresses keeping a server copy. Also, I wanted to check and make sure I had set the account up as a POP3, not a IMAP, and there is no place I can find to access that info on an exiting account. Help on either issue would be appreciated but especially on the problem of the server keeping a copy.

TIA.

:)

RobinNistock, Jul 17, 2018

2. Email Server Software

Thanks for the pointer to Kerio. Looks good.

Are there any other suggestions for email servers, either like Kerio but cheaper, or perhaps not as comprehensive, but free.

Like pinchy, I'd like to set up a basic mailserver that can also provide webmail services (and NOT look like some clumsy 1980's html rubbish) for about 10 users.

lemonadesoda, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Email server: Help needed

I'm looking to set up a simple (free or cheapish) email server. It doesnt have to be too fancy. Will have about 15 email accounts on it, and needs to have ability for webmail so mail can be picked up while on the road.

Exchange and Outlook Web Access seems like overkill (or at least, pretty expensive given the software and CLA required).

Suggestions gratefully appreciated.

lemonadesoda, Jul 17, 2018
  4. TAU
    Tau Win User

How do I tell the server not to save email copies?

Email server: Help needed

SquirrelMail

Thema:

How do I tell the server not to save email copies?

1. How do I tell the server not to save email copies? - Similar Threads - tell server save

2. HOW DO COPY A CHECK AND EMAIL IT TO MY ACCOUNTANT?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO COPY A CHECK AND EMAIL IT TO MY ACCOUNTANT?: HOW DO I COPY A CHECK AND EMAIL IT TO MY ACCOUNTANT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-copy-a-check-and-email-it-to-my-accountant/befb1061-31ae-4a67-8a4a-1f06ca843216
  3. HOW DO COPY A CHECK AND EMAIL IT TO MY ACCOUNTANT?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO COPY A CHECK AND EMAIL IT TO MY ACCOUNTANT?: HOW DO I COPY A CHECK AND EMAIL IT TO MY ACCOUNTANT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-copy-a-check-and-email-it-to-my-accountant/befb1061-31ae-4a67-8a4a-1f06ca843216
  4. How do I save a local copy of my data from LastPass?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I save a local copy of my data from LastPass?: Most online password managers are great. I've been using LastPass (with a varying degree of success.) It works fine in most cases when their site loads up. But it become a real pain when it does not. So a while back I started using LastPass pocket app with a local copy of...
  5. Doing a COPY From A Line i Highlighted In A MAIL eMail: How ?

in Browsers and Email
    Doing a COPY From A Line i Highlighted In A MAIL eMail: How ?: Hello, I give up. Just can't figure it out. Using MAIL with W10. I received an eMail, highlighted a few lines of it that I want to place into Notepad. The lines I selected are highlighted. Great. Now what, please ? Right clicking does nothing. Can't find a COPY command...
  6. Doing a COPY From A Line i Highlighted In A MAIL eMail: How ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Doing a COPY From A Line i Highlighted In A MAIL eMail: How ?: Hello, I give up. Just can't figure it out. Using MAIL with W10. I received an eMail, highlighted a few lines of it that I want to place into Notepad. The lines I selected are highlighted. Great. Now what, please ? Right clicking does nothing. Can't find a COPY command...
  7. How do I save to PDF Yahoo email with attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I save to PDF Yahoo email with attachments: Save to PDF saves all text, including active links. Attachments, such as mp3s, are not included - only their icons. Can this be accomplished without Outlook or 3rd party apps? Note : Downloading the mp3 attachments works fine - I'd also like to archive them with their...
  8. in windows 10, how do I save an email to a file

in windows 10, how do I save an email to a file: saving an email to file in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-how-do-i-save-an-email-to-a-file/9e2bd815-415f-4605-acec-6a0128af0952
  9. how do I save an email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I save an email address: how do I save an email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-save-an-email-address/dca182ca-9f3c-42f8-9993-16b5fda78b1b
  10. How do I tell if a process/application is running on headless server?

How do I tell if a process/application is running on headless server?: I'll try to make this as un-convoluted as possible. I have multiple machines in my home. One of which, is a headless media server which runs Windows 10. This machine stays on 24/7 and runs various tasks, not the least of which is holding all of my media, and serving PLEX....