Windows 10: How do I tell whether I have single or multi-language version of WIN10

Discus and support How do I tell whether I have single or multi-language version of WIN10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just upgraded a 32 bit win10 home machine from 1607 to 1703 and, to say the least, is didn't go very well. The upgrade was done by MS auto download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rwhite1, Aug 26, 2017.

1. rwhite1 Win User

How do I tell whether I have single or multi-language version of WIN10

I just upgraded a 32 bit win10 home machine from 1607 to 1703 and, to say the least, is didn't go very well. The upgrade was done by MS auto download and it left some files in the system store corrupted so DISM is useless to restore the store. To fix it, I downloaded a 1703 32 bit ISO image to get a new install.esd file, but the file contains several images - one is for single and another is for multi language versions of WIN10 home. How can I tell which version I have so I know which image to use to restore the store?

Thanks,
    Ron W

:)

rwhite1, Aug 26, 2017
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 changing language

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to check whether you’re using single language or multi-language in your system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows + Pause Break button.

• There you will be able to see whether your system is single language or Multilanguage.
    If it is Multi-language then you can download the English language and install.

Refer the link below and check if it helps.

Language packs

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 26, 2017
  3. can't change windows display language in windows 10 home single language version

Hello,

To better help you with your concern, kindly tell us if you purchased a single language or multi-lingual language version of Windows 10.

If you've purchased a multi-lingual language, it should allow you to have English version by default.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Aug 26, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Settings, system, about. It will say SL if single language.

cereberus, Aug 26, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Aug 26, 2017
  6. rwhite1 Win User
    Thank you both.

1. There is no SL or ML anywhere on the About screen. Since is doesn't have an SL does that mean it's multi-language by default?

2. I tried the mounted ISO trick, but it didn't work for some reason. Can a repair install be done from a DVD made from the ISO without loss of installed applications?

rwhite1, Aug 26, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    If Single Language (SL) is not shown on the About screen then it means it is multi-language (just plain) Windows 10.

If the mounted ISO trick does not work, then doing the repair install from a DVD or USB flash drive made from the ISO file will not work either. It is also very unlikely that a DISM repair will work, either.

NavyLCDR, Aug 26, 2017
  8. rwhite1 Win User

That points the way. Thank you

rwhite1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I tell whether I have single or multi-language version of WIN10 - Similar Threads - tell whether single

2. How do I upgrade from windows 11 single language to Multi-language not pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade from windows 11 single language to Multi-language not pro: My dad bought a PC for me and it in Spanish i don't know if I can get a multi language version of windows 11 or I should just downgrade to windows 10...
  3. How do I upgrade from windows 11 single language to Multi-language not pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade from windows 11 single language to Multi-language not pro: My dad bought a PC for me and it in Spanish i don't know if I can get a multi language version of windows 11 or I should just downgrade to windows 10...
  4. how do i change default language with Windows 10 Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i change default language with Windows 10 Home Single Language: how do i change default language with Windows 10 Home Single Language? It is set to Spanish and I need it to be English. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-default-language-with-windows-10/abdbba00-b267-4294-a8aa-ae87502f6d9c
  5. win10 home single language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 home single language: How to download win10 home single language ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-home-single-language/3660cc6f-ea9e-4022-88f7-3ee228445eaa
  6. Can not tell whether I have a virus or malware on my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not tell whether I have a virus or malware on my PC: Hello, I have Windows 10 and twice tonight ran my Window Defender's full scan to search for viruses -- I'm not sure if it also detects malware; however, the full scan does not seem to complete. The first time I ran it, the line showing its progression stopped for a good...
  7. How do I know whether or not I have Windows 10?

How do I know whether or not I have Windows 10?: How do I know if I have Windows 10 on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-whether-or-not-i-have-windows-10/7cf9e266-39ce-4944-a73b-5611bb407c6b
  8. how do I tell if I have the current version of framework.net?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I tell if I have the current version of framework.net?: how can I tell if I have the most current version of framework.net on my Windows 10 system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-tell-if-i-have-the-current-version-of/22266300-d961-42ce-b18a-9d1939802897
  9. Activate single language edition with multi language key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate single language edition with multi language key?: I downloaded the Win10 Home single language ISO for a clean install on a new build PC and skipped the activation step during install. Now I need to activate. If I purchase a copy of Windows 10 Home in store or digitally, will I be able to use the product key in my current...
  10. Can I use a multi-lang DVD to update single language install?

Can I use a multi-lang DVD to update single language install?: Finally have my laptop back to where it was with 10240, which was online updated from 7 Pro x64. I obtained a multi-language iso of 1511 and attempted to use it to do the update but got a clean install, which I had to manually undo by moving everything from Windows.old to...