Windows 10: How do I tile images in Paint?

Discus and support How do I tile images in Paint? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I tile images in paint, or view, say, 4 images at a time? 56648 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gogreen, Jul 17, 2016.

1. gogreen Win User

How do I tile images in Paint?

How do I tile images in paint, or view, say, 4 images at a time?

:)

gogreen, Jul 17, 2016

2. How do I set the image of the "Photos" start tile?

I found the answer to my question on how to change the start tile photo, under Photos and Videos in the Lumia instruction manual, under "Settings" for the photos+camera, to change the Start Tile to a single photo, and then choose the photo, so no need
    to Reply.

JohnIngalls, Jul 17, 2016
  3. LA_John Win User
    How do I set the image of the "Photos" start tile?

Ok, I got it now.

I set one of the photos as the background for the hub, now that image is displayed as the Start Tile. Looks like whatever is the background for the hub will be the image on the start tile as well.

My favorites are completely empty, but the image that is the background for the hub is what's displayed on the start tile.

Thanks guys.

So far this phone Rocks...

LA_John, Jul 17, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

In Paint that is not possible. You can only open one image (file) in one session.

You can import an image to be pasted to another image using Paste from feature:

How do I tile images in Paint? [​IMG]

5. topgundcp Win User
    As said above. There are 2 types of Windows Application: SDI (Single Document Interface) and MDI (Multiple Document Interface). With SDI, you can only open one document at a time.

Paint.net is much better/free and is MDI:
    Download

topgundcp, Jul 17, 2016
  6. gogreen Win User
    Thanks, Kari and topgundcp. That's why I used to like the old photoex. Tiling images was a good way to examine several photos at a time.

topgundcp, how do I that in Paint.net?

gogreen, Jul 18, 2016
  7. topgundcp Win User
    Just download and install it. Next, open paint.net then drag and drop the image(s) onto it or use File->Open. Click on the thumbnail to switch the image
    NOTE: a good feature is you can open Multiple images on the same document windows but on different layers so that you can modify one without disturbing the other.

How do I tile images in Paint? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 18, 2016
  8. gogreen Win User

OK. Did it. Thanks. But how would I view the images side by side? Can that be done?

gogreen, Jul 18, 2016
  9. topgundcp Win User
    Afraid not. All you can do is switch back and forth. In order to view side by side, you probable need other software such as Photoshop or Paint shop

topgundcp, Jul 18, 2016
  10. gogreen Win User
    Too bad. That's what I loved about the old Photoed. Wish MS would bring that back! Thanks!

gogreen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I tile images in Paint? - Similar Threads - tile images Paint

2. How do I bypass the maximum image size in paint 3d?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I bypass the maximum image size in paint 3d?: Hi, I am editing a png file in Paint 3d and I cannot resize it to larger than 9484px wide and 7858px high.Is there any way I can bypass this to create images larger than this imposed limit? I am building a map of the city I am situated in and can't shrink the resolution any...
  3. How do I bypass the maximum image size in paint 3d?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I bypass the maximum image size in paint 3d?: Hi, I am editing a png file in Paint 3d and I cannot resize it to larger than 9484px wide and 7858px high.Is there any way I can bypass this to create images larger than this imposed limit? I am building a map of the city I am situated in and can't shrink the resolution any...
  4. How do I add text into my images in the paint program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add text into my images in the paint program: Can I add text in my images that are in paint program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-text-into-my-images-in-the-paint/e3381f83-906f-4de6-aa78-659de60fa4ea
  5. How do I add text into my images in the paint program

How do I add text into my images in the paint program: Can I add text in my images that are in paint program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-text-into-my-images-in-the-paint/e3381f83-906f-4de6-aa78-659de60fa4ea
  6. Paint 3D image

Paint 3D image: Hello. I would like to know if it is OK for me to use this Paint 3D image in this sign I made with paint on my website? https://bushgum.com/self-led-games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-image/80e8a557-abf3-4cf5-8093-01021dbba277
  7. Lost An Image On Paint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost An Image On Paint: Hello, I have been working on a drawing in paint for some time now and I have been making sure to manually save it whenever I make progress. Last night I saved once more and closed my laptop, but I did not shut it down. This morning when I went to continue working on it the...
  8. how do you crop a 3D image in paint 3D

how do you crop a 3D image in paint 3D: I cannot work out how to crop a 3D image in paint 3D. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-crop-a-3d-image-in-paint-3d/14981f5c-b88b-49f1-8d62-f538ef358aa7
  9. Pasting image into Paint

Pasting image into Paint: After recent Windows update, Microsoft Paint started pasting images from clipboard in reduced size/quality. Pasting the same image from the clipboard into Word document - pasts normal. I have been using Paint for 15 years every day, and only recently I ran into this problem....
  10. How do I rearrange the tiles in Pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I rearrange the tiles in Pictures: I have a lot of pics and documents in Saved Pictures. I want to rearrange them so that they are in a logical order and re group them by interest etc.... I tried right clicking , sliding, copy and paste.........nothing works. I assumed I would have been able to do it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to tile images in paint 3d

2. tiles in ms paint