Windows 10: How do I transfer all content from SSD to HDD and delete old files

Discus and support How do I transfer all content from SSD to HDD and delete old files in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi i'm on Windows 10 on a 240gb ssd, I want to transfer to an WD caviar blue-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136218 I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MkIIIRev6, Nov 9, 2015.

1. MkIIIRev6 Win User

How do I transfer all content from SSD to HDD and delete old files

Hi i'm on Windows 10 on a 240gb ssd, I want to transfer to an WD caviar blue-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136218
    I don't know if I should boot from the hdd, but when I plugged it in, it had all the old files from my previous pc and is split into 3
    How do I transfer all content from SSD to HDD and delete old files [​IMG]
    How do I delete everything on it? Do I set it as default from the setup utility? I don't really want to re-install windows 10 on the hdd the only files I have on the ssd is mostly drivers but documents and music I want to carry over

:)

MkIIIRev6, Nov 9, 2015
  2. mat004004 Win User

How to activate Windows 10 licence? Is there a way to transfer the licence?

*Original Title: Windows 10 licens on new harddisk

Hey, i bought a new ssd harddisk for my computer. My plan was to perform a clean install on the ssd, so all the files and stuff would be deleted.

First thing i did was upgrading windows 7 to windows 10 on my old hdd. Then i downloaded Windows 10 as an iso file and burned it on a disk.

I placed both my harddisks in my laptop and installed some software i got with the ssd.

Then i took my old hdd out of the laptop and installed windows 10 home, which i had licens to on the old hdd, on the new ssd.

My laptop came with windows 7 preinstalled, so i do not have any produkt key.
    I thought that the licens was bounded to my motherboard, but on the new ssd it says that Windows is not activated.
    So my questien is: How can i get it activated? Is there a way to transfer the licens?
    Best regards Mathias

mat004004, Nov 9, 2015
  3. Deleting Window Systems Folder from old HDD

I recently got a new SSD and installed win 10 on it. Now I want to delete windows 10 as well as other files from my old HDD, which is connected internally to my laptop (Meaning I am using an SSD and a HDD at the same time, except I boot from the SDD, and
    keep some files on the HDD). I tried giving myself full access, taking full ownership of the files, re-booted in safe mode, and even booted in safe mode and tried to delete it with cmd, yet it always refuses to be delete, even having the audacity to claim
    I need "Permission" from myself to delete it, when I just told it and confirmed that I wanted it deleted. I would format the HDD, except the files on it are to big to transfer to the SSD even temporarily, and I REALLY want to avoid deleting and re-downloading
    all of my files and games again, as it would take 10+ hours, which I know for a fact because I had to before. Please help

NathanCIII, Nov 9, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Assuming all the data fit on the new disk (if smaller), then all you have to do is clone your old drive on the new. This makes a perfect copy and you can also boot into Windows. Due to the different hardware you may need to activate Windows again, and even Office and some other applications. There are several applications to clone a disk such as Acronis True Image, Macrium Reflect etc.

spapakons, Nov 9, 2015
Thema:

1. How do I transfer all content from SSD to HDD and delete old files - Similar Threads - transfer content SSD

2. how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?: i installed a ssd on my dell OptiPlex 3020 now i need to figure out how to transfer the data from the old disk to the ssd? i connected them through the external drive i put the other drive in but no luck that way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please share?...
  3. how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to transfer os from hdd to ssd?: i installed a ssd on my dell OptiPlex 3020 now i need to figure out how to transfer the data from the old disk to the ssd? i connected them through the external drive i put the other drive in but no luck that way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please share?...
  4. Transfer Desktop/ Files from SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Desktop/ Files from SSD to HDD: So I installed a new m.2 SSD in which I did a fresh install of windows on it in order for faster loading times on the startup screen as well as when I'm editing videos through Adobe After Effects. How do I make it so when I set my SSD as the bootup drive my Desktop icons from...
  5. Transfer Desktop/ Files from SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Desktop/ Files from SSD to HDD: So I installed a new m.2 SSD in which I did a fresh install of windows on it in order for faster loading times on the startup screen as well as when I'm editing videos through Adobe After Effects. How do I make it so when I set my SSD as the bootup drive my Desktop icons from...
  6. Transfer Desktop/ Files from SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do i transfer files from my HDD to my SSD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i transfer files from my HDD to my SSD?: I bought a ssd and I need to know how i can transfer all my files from that hard drive to the ssd. I deleted enough apps to make sure my HDD has enough space to transfer all the downloads and files, etc, to my SSD. I also want to make it so windows boots off my SSD instead of...
  8. How do I transfer Data from old HDD to new SSD with different sector sizes?

How do I transfer Data from old HDD to new SSD with different sector sizes?: Hi there, I have recently bought a new Samsung Evo 2TB SSD. I bought this to replace my old Hard drive as it is edging towards the end of its lifespan. However, whilst trying to clone the data and transfer it over to the new drive, there was a big problem in which it didn't...
  9. How do I transfer drivers from HDD to SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I transfer drivers from HDD to SSD?: I’m currently running a hard disk as a main boot drive. I have all my drivers on it but I wanted to run an SSD for faster boot time and better performance. Is there a way to avoid driver hunting and just move all of my drivers on a boot SSD? submitted by /u/yagop1 [link]...
  10. How to transfer files from SSD to HDD?

How to transfer files from SSD to HDD?: I am currently using Acer Swift 3 Windows 10. This laptop has two storages which are SSD and HDD. Every time I download or transfer any files from my pen drives, the files will be saved in SSD. I do not know how to save in HDD. I want to save in HDD because it has larger...