Windows 10: How do I turn off extended tiles?

Discus and support How do I turn off extended tiles? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I turn off extended tiles in Windows Explorer. One of my computers has tiles as the view option when you right click in "devices and drives".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GerryPeters, Oct 9, 2016.

1. How do I turn off extended tiles?

How do I turn off extended tiles in Windows Explorer. One of my computers has tiles as the view option when you right click in "devices and drives". the other computer has extended tiles as the option not tiles. I'm not sure how this happened. How do I return to the default state of tiles?

Right now in this window all my HD’s are lining up vertically to the left and are not displaying the free space and total space of the HD. Actually that’s what I’m trying to return to and I’m assuming extended tiles is causing this problem.

thanks,

:)

GerryPeters, Oct 9, 2016

2. background light for a 6151 model & loudspeaker on off switch

Can someone confirm if it is possible to extend the time the background light is on the 6151 models

how do I turn the loudspeaker on or off?

peterp---01, Oct 9, 2016
  3. cygnused Win User
    Turn off GPRS in Nokia 7230

Hi,

How do I turn off GPRS or Data Roaming on the Nokia 7230?

I am overseas for an extended period of time and I am getting charged for Data Roaming but I don't know how to turn this off!

The manual says there is a When Needed or Always Online option but none to turn it off.

Please help!

Thank you.

cygnused, Oct 9, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

How do I turn off extended tiles?

None of my Win10 computers have Extended Tiles in File Explorer [renamed starting with Win8 from Windows Explorer of Win7 and earlier], only Tiles and several choices of icon sizes, Content and Details.

Berton, Oct 9, 2016
  5. You're absolutely right. That's why I'd like to return to the default state. I'm not sure how this happened. I sure didn't do it on purpose.

GerryPeters, Oct 9, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    Perhaps some third-party software/program did it?

Berton, Oct 9, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    Possibly, seems to be a recurring theme in google searches for this problem. Also seems to pre-date Windows 10. One 'nuclear' reset option that gets mentioned often is...

http://www.sevenforums.com/themes-st...rs-tile-2.html

Bree, Oct 9, 2016
  8. How do I turn off extended tiles?

That's my guess. After it was fixed I ran this file disableautoarrange.reg This restores a old feature in Win 7+8 that disables auto-arrange in a folder so you can move icons like pics to different spots in the folder. This feature is lost in Win 10 and this reg fix restores it. It does cause a few other problems, so I only run that reg key file when I want that feature and then run undo.reg to return to the default state.

I found out that it does change titles to extended titles in the process. Fortunately the undo.reg does change it all back so I don't' have extended tiles any more. So everything is working just fine now and I still can use that disable folder reg key file

GerryPeters, Oct 9, 2016
  9. Thanks this fixed the problem and it was very easy to change back to my minimal custom settings.

GerryPeters, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I turn off extended tiles?

1. How do I turn off extended tiles? - Similar Threads - turn off extended

2. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  3. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  4. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  5. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  6. How do I turn this off?

7. How do i turn this off ?

How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  8. How do i turn this off ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  9. how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop?: how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-background-tile-grid-on-desktop/b52c369d-1f07-4fba-99bd-d4da79db9e94
  10. How do you turn off live tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you turn off live tiles?: guess the tile says it all, I can not see how you turn on/off live tiles, am I missing something? 3744