Windows 10: How do i turn off the Hourly Time Announcement?

Discus and support How do i turn off the Hourly Time Announcement? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Lenovo X250 gives me an annoying hourly time announcement and I cant turn it off. I cant even find this tool online or find anyone with the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by helix, Jul 4, 2016.

1. helix Win User

How do i turn off the Hourly Time Announcement?

My Lenovo X250 gives me an annoying hourly time announcement and I cant turn it off. I cant even find this tool online or find anyone with the same issue. I dont know if its a windows, lenovo or a third party feature.

I installed Windows 10 on my desktop and it is on there too! How do i get rid of this?

How do i turn off the Hourly Time Announcement? [​IMG]

:)

helix, Jul 4, 2016
  2. Josef Bri Win User

How do I turn off real -time protection?

Hello,

We've noticed the post has been inactive for more than 48 hours now. May we ask if you still need assistance regarding your concern?

If the steps or procedure given to you resolved your issue, we encourage you to inform the Community by marking the post as an answer or by clicking on Helpful.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with.

Josef Bri, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Jose Est Win User
    How do I turn off real -time protection?

Hi Rahul,

If you have Windows 10, you are getting the latest antivirus protection with Windows Defender. Windows Defender actively helps in protecting your PC from malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats. Windows Defender uses real-time protection.

To turn Windows Defender real-time protection on or off, follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & Security.
    • Select Windows Defender, then turn Real-time protection
      on or off.
    If the on /off button is greyed out, refer to the answer of José Antonio
    Pontón Posada CEO on this thread for troubleshooting steps.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Jose Est, Jul 4, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Isn't that something you set as part of your calender options?

cereberus, Jul 4, 2016
  5. helix Win User
    If it is, I cant find it and I defiantly didn't turn it on.

helix, Jul 4, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    Right click the TaskBar and start the TaskManager. Go to the Startup Tab. Look for a newly installed app that does that and Disable it.

spunk, Jul 5, 2016
  7. helix Win User
    The only thing in my Startup is an Nvidia updater. Is there anything else it could be?

helix, Jul 5, 2016
  8. Phil2003 Win User

Just registered here, because i have that exactly annoying problem. This time announcement is bound to my Microsoft account, so it appears on a fresh installed Win10 on a brand new SSD/HDD, as well as on any pc/laptop i log in with my Microsoft account. I googled, i checked my startup programs, i checked every option in the clock options, i checked the installed apps but nothing. How the hell do i get rid of this? lol

Phil2003, Jul 28, 2016
  9. helix Win User
    SOLVED! It was a Chrome extension called Cool Clock! It synced across all my devices. Just disabled the announcement in the extensions settings

How do i turn off the Hourly Time Announcement? [​IMG]

helix, Jul 28, 2016
  10. Phil2003 Win User
    Holy cow, thanks dude! I was so sure its my Microsoft account but didnt think about Chrome!

Phil2003, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i turn off the Hourly Time Announcement? - Similar Threads - turn off Hourly

2. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  3. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  4. how do I turn off time announcements???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I turn off time announcements???: i keep looking around and no advice has helped. this only happens on my new laptop, there is no other software that could possibly be doing this. no extensions, no downloaded content, nothing. please help its really annoying...
  5. how do I turn off time announcements???

how do I turn off time announcements???: i keep looking around and no advice has helped. this only happens on my new laptop, there is no other software that could possibly be doing this. no extensions, no downloaded content, nothing. please help its really annoying...
  6. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  7. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  8. How do I turn this off?

9. How do i turn this off ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  10. how to turn off voice that announces the time every hour

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off voice that announces the time every hour: see subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-voice-that-announces-the-time/1260b4f0-414b-49da-81f6-8a687dc17f7b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. announce time on the hour windows 10

2. turn off hourly time announcement windows 10

3. turn off windows announce time

4. hourly time announcement windows 10,
  5. stop hourly time announcement win 10,
  6. turn time announcement off,
  7. how to turn off hourly time announcement