Windows 10: how do I uninstall Xbox from my pc?

Discus and support how do I uninstall Xbox from my pc? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to get rid of Xbox on my pc and can't do it. can anyone please tell me how to get rid of Xbox on my pc since I don't have Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BeckyRuttle, Jul 11, 2018.

1. how do I uninstall Xbox from my pc?

I have been trying to get rid of Xbox on my pc and can't do it. can anyone please tell me how to get rid of Xbox on my pc since I don't have Xbox system? any help would be appreciated.

:)

BeckyRuttle, Jul 11, 2018

2. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

Hi Kristi,

Xbox App is one of the built-in applications on Windows 10. To uninstall it from your computer, you have to perform the following steps using the Windows PowerShell:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    •  Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.  

If you are unable to uninstall the app, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache and try to uninstall the Xbox app again.

Here's how to reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

I done the uninstall procedure per your instruction, but it did not work. The uninstall button for both X-Box apps,are greyed out.They show advanced,but when you click it,it shows a reset button this does not uninstall.Please Help?

Robert Bilderback, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Darshan J Win User

how do I uninstall Xbox from my pc?

Connecting Xbox to PC

Hello,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which version of windows is running on your system?

Suggest you to follow below steps and check if you are able to connect your Xbox to your Computer.

• Sign in to your Xbox Live account using your Microsoft login credentials
    • Verify that your Xbox One is connected to the same network as your Windows PC
    • Power on your Xbox One.
    • Press the “Menu” button on your Xbox controller and select “Settings.”
    • Select “Preferences” and place a checkmark next to “Allow streaming to other devices.”
    • Connecting Xbox and PC.
    • Click on “Connect” on the Xbox app on your Windows 10 PC
    • Select the name of your Xbox One console
    • Connect an Xbox One controller to your PC using a USB cable
    • Click on “Stream,” then select the Xbox game you want to play on your PC
    • Click on “Play from console”.
    If you are looking for more information on Xbox, you can post your query in dedicated Xbox forum for better assistance. Refer to the link below which guides you to Xbox forum.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/connect-xbox-360-console-tv

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

how do I uninstall Xbox from my pc?

1. how do I uninstall Xbox from my pc? - Similar Threads - uninstall Xbox

2. Uninstall a program Name of the program is s5m

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall a program Name of the program is s5m: I tried to uninstall a program but I cant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-a-program-name-of-the-program-is-s5m/4d7e3e33-990d-44e9-a56b-57b6ef5d25dd
  3. Trying to uninstall Windows 10 Pro so I can install Windows 10 Home

Trying to uninstall Windows 10 Pro so I can install Windows 10 Home: I have a computer I bought in 2016 that was loaded with Windows 10 Pro as well as Windows 10 Home. The Pro is operating the computer, but I would like to remove it and use Windows 10 Home. (This was a legal purchase from Laptopsplus.) I have checked all of the Community...
  4. Microsoft Updates - Uninstall Button Not Present?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Updates - Uninstall Button Not Present?: Hello, I was reviewing the Microsoft Updates and as I scroll over the names of the different Update, I can see the "Uninstall" button will appear, then disappear depending on which name I stop on. Why am I unable to remove some Updates and not others?...
  5. cannot Uninstall MAMP Pro, as files deleted mistakenly

cannot Uninstall MAMP Pro, as files deleted mistakenly: Hi, I wanted to Uninstall MAMP downloaded to the computer, but mistakenly I have deleted files, and now when I go to Apps and features and try to uninstall, I am not able to do, so IT says type name correctly. Please help as I want to uninstall the professional MAMP AND just...
  6. how to uninstall xbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to uninstall xbox: How do I uninstall XBOX on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/how-to-uninstall-xbox/d7043fd5-e170-4447-86f4-bc067cc2ff4b
  7. Can I uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox App on Windows 10, it's stopped working since...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox App on Windows 10, it's stopped working since...: Can I uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox App on Windows 10, it's stopped working since the latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/can-i-uninstall-and-then-reinstall-the-xbox-app-on/bb30bc40-93fd-4834-9480-bad13a11d46f
  8. Any way to Uninstall Xbox app & Live Gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to Uninstall Xbox app & Live Gaming?: Is there any way to Uninstall Xbox app & Live Gaming from Win10? When I try to install/run game 'Halo2' on Win10 its refuses saying there is already a Live Gaming account running (Halo2 uses Live Gaming itself). I suspect the Xbox app (which also uses Live Gaming) is to blame...
  9. Shld uninstall and then reinstall store and Xbox to make then work?

Shld uninstall and then reinstall store and Xbox to make then work?: Shld uninstall and then reinstall store and Xbox to make them work again?? If yes how can I do it??also windows defender gives error that you PC is not being momonitored because a service isn't running. 38737
  10. How do I uninstall XBOX related applications?

How do I uninstall XBOX related applications?: So I've noticed Microsoft are really trying hard to integrate Xbox with your PC and I don't own an Xbox and never will so I have no need for the software, but I cant seem to find a way to uninstall it, can someone tell me how I can go about uninstalling all this bull***t Xbox...