Windows 10: Change View in Calendar for Windows 10

Discus and support Change View in Calendar for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change View in Calendar for Windows 10 How to Change View in Calendar for Windows 10 Windows 10 has Mail and Calendar apps already built... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by BeckyRuttle, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Change View in Calendar for Windows 10

How to: Change View in Calendar for Windows 10

How to Change View in Calendar for Windows 10

Windows 10 has Mail and Calendar apps already built in. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 from Microsoft help you stay up-to-date on your email, manage your schedule, and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts.

When you first open the Calendar app for Windows 10, you'll see the default view of an entire month. If you want to switch your view, you can use the Day, Work week, Week, Month, or Year options to cycle between the various views. Several of the views have options you can configure from the Settings pane.

• Day view: The day view shows a single day by default. If you click the down arrow next to Day, you can choose to view 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 days at once.
    • Work week: The work week view shows you the days you've defined as work days.
    • Week: The week view shows you seven days, starting on the day you've chosen in settings as your first day of the week.
    • Month: The month view shows you a calendar month by default. If you scroll down, you can view five weeks at a time.
    • Year: The year view shows you an entire calendar year at a glance. You can't view appointments or events in Year view.
    This tutorial will show you how to change the view in Calendar app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] Change View in Calendar using Keyboard Shortcuts
    1. Open the Calendar app.

2. Press the keys below to change to the view you want in Calendar.

[table][tr][td]Calendar View[/td] [td]Keyboard Shortcut[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Show Day view[/td] [td]Ctrl+Alt+1[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Show Work Week view[/td] [td]Ctrl+Alt+2[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Show Week view[/td] [td]Ctrl+Alt+3[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Show Month view[/td] [td]Ctrl+Alt+4[/td] [/tr] [/table]

OPTION TWO [/i] Change View in Calendar
    1. Open the Calendar app.

2. Do step 3 (Day), step 4 (Work week), step 5 (Work), step 6 (Month), or step 7 (Year) below for what view you want to switch to in Calendar.

3. To switch to Day view in Calendar
    A) Perform one of the following actions depending on what is available and for how many days you want to show at once. (see screenshots below)
    • Click/tap on the Day button on the toolbar at the top right area.
    • Click/tap on the down arrow next to the B]Day[/B] button on the toolbar, and click/tap on 1 day, 2 day, 3 day, 4 day, 5 day, or 6 day for how many days to show at once.
    • Click/tap on the Show (3 dots) button on the toolbar at the top right area, and click/tap Day.
    • Click/tap on the Show (3 dots) button on the toolbar at the top right area, click/tap on the down arrow next to the Day button, and click/tap on 1 day, 2 day, 3 day, 4 day, 5 day, or 6 day for how many days to show at once.

Change View in Calendar for Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. To switch to Work Week view in Calendar
    A) Perform one of the following actions depending on what is available. (see screenshots below)
    • Click/tap on the down arrow next to the Week button on the toolbar, and click/tap on Work week.
    • Click/tap on the Show (3 dots) button on the toolbar at the top right area, click/tap on the down arrow next to the Week button, and click/tap on Work week.

5. To switch to Work view in Calendar
    A) Perform one of the following actions depending on what is available. (see screenshots below)
    • Click/tap on the Week button on the toolbar at the top right area.
    • Click/tap on the down arrow next to the Week button on the toolbar, and click/tap on Week.
    • Click/tap on the Show (3 dots) button on the toolbar at the top right area, and click/tap on Week.
    • Click/tap on the Show (3 dots) button on the toolbar at the top right area, click/tap on the down arrow next to the Week button, and click/tap on Week.

6. To switch to Month view in Calendar
    • Click/tap on the Month button on the toolbar at the top right area.
    • Click/tap on the Show (3 dots) button on the toolbar at the top right area, and click/tap on Month.

7. To switch to Year view in Calendar
    • Click/tap on the Year button on the toolbar at the top right area.
    • Click/tap on the Show (3 dots) button on the toolbar at the top right area, and click/tap on Year.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

BeckyRuttle, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    March 1921 date in Calendar month view

Hi Glen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

Which build of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

I would suggest you to try with the following steps.

Method 1:

Sign out of the calendar app and then sign back in.

If it does not help, try to reset the calendar app. To reset the app, please follow the steps mentioned below.

Open the Settings app.

In settings app, click on ‘Apps.

Locate ‘Mail and Calendar’ app in the list of installed apps and click on it.

Click on ‘Advanced options’ under the app name, scroll down and click on ‘Reset’

Launch the Calendar app and go to ‘Month view’ and check if the issue is fixed.

Method 2:

Try with uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Disclaimer: Uninstalling ‘Mail and Calendar’ will require you to reconfigure the accounts with Mail app when reinstalled.

To uninstall the application, please follow the below mentioned steps.

Right click on Start button and choose ‘Windows PowerShell (admin).

Type in the command: ‘Get-AppxPackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage
    and press the enter key which should remove the app from Windows.

To reinstall it, please open the Store app.

Go to search bar and type ‘Mail and calendar’, click on the app name in suggestions list.

Next, click on ‘Get’ to get the application reinstalled.

Hope it helps.

Peer Abdul Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 27, 2019
  4. JChives Win User

Change View in Calendar for Windows 10

Windows 10 calendar app - Schedule View for events (multiple calendars)

Thank you for the suggestions. I tried both of them and no issues found with Apps or system. Everything is working fine. However, I still don't see the functionality described below. This was in the 8.1 Mail app. How can we get this fixed?

Much needed functionality for business

View multiple calendars at the same time

Overlay the calendars

• In Calendar, in the Navigation Pane, select the check box of another calendar that you want to view.

The calendar that you selected opens next to calendar that is already displayed. Each successive calendar opens next to the one most recently opened.

• On the Calendar tab, click View in Overlay Mode

That calendar is now in overlay mode with the one you opened first — usually your default calendar.

• To add another calendar to the overlay, repeat step 2.

JChives, Oct 27, 2019
  5. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Oct 27, 2019
  6. iCloud calendar will not show calendar and categories in Windows 10 mail app.

Hello,

If it's a Calendar app, we suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

• Login to your Apple ID and password.
    • Choose ‘Calendar‘, click on the ‘WiFi’-like Logo next to the calendar you want to see in Windows 10 calendar app.
    • Choose ‘Public Calendar‘ and send copy the link.
    • Next, login to your outlook.com account, go to ‘Calendar‘ in the PC website view, click on ‘Import‘, then on ‘Subscribe‘, choose a calendar name, paste the iCloud calendar link and click ‘Subscribe‘.
    • Now the iCloud calendar subscription is processing and after a short while you can see your iCloud calendar apps on outlook.com.
    • For checking correct syncing, go to the settings wheel on the right upper corner, click on ‘Options‘ and then on the name of the iCloud calendar subscription you gave in step 4. Under ‘Last Refresh‘, you can see
      the refresh period and the number of correctly synced events.
    • Open Windows 10 calendar app. If you’ve already set up your outlook.com account, you will see the iCloud calendar subscription in ‘read-only’ mode.
    Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Change View in Calendar for Windows 10

1. Change View in Calendar for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change View Calendar

2. Microsoft calendar app view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft calendar app view: So many issues with the new calendar but let me start with the view problems I'm having. This is within the microsoft calendar app linked to my hotmail. I work from the month view and it used to be that if there were more events in the calendar for a particular day than were...
  3. Windows Calendar View Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Calendar View Error: I have bought a new computer recently with Windows 11 Pro installed, even when I feel comfortable with the environment of this OS, the Windows Calendar is a disaster the one located in the bottom right corner desk. As you will see on the first image attached, the windows...
  4. Windows Calendar View Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Calendar View Error: I have bought a new computer recently with Windows 11 Pro installed, even when I feel comfortable with the environment of this OS, the Windows Calendar is a disaster the one located in the bottom right corner desk. As you will see on the first image attached, the windows...
  5. Restore monthly calendar view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore monthly calendar view?: When I click on the day/date in the lower right corner the calendar that pops up has started having the current date on the top line of the calendar instead of starting with the first day of the month. How do I get it to go back to showing the calendar by month?...
  6. Can't view Calendar events in view mode and cannot click links in Windows 10 Calendar app

Can't view Calendar events in view mode and cannot click links in Windows 10 Calendar app: Let me know if someone found a solution to the Windows Calendar app. 1st issue: Calendar opens in editing mode all the time. 2nd issue: The links under location are not clickable and copy pasting the links are a nightmare. 3rd issue: The description part of the...
  7. View Outlook.com calendar online?

in Browsers and Email
    View Outlook.com calendar online?: I have an Outlook.com email account which I use through Outlook365 and for which I use the calendar However, when I view the same email account online via outlook.live.com the calendar doesn't appear to show any of my appointments How do I sync my desktop Outlook.com calendar...
  8. View Outlook.com calendar online?

View Outlook.com calendar online?: I have an Outlook.com email account which I use through Outlook365 and for which I use the calendar However, when I view the same email account online via outlook.live.com the calendar doesn't appear to show any of my appointments How do I sync my desktop Outlook.com calendar...
  9. View of week in calendar

View of week in calendar: Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to make the week view smaller? I can only see my schedule per day from 00:00-08:00 at a time and need to keep scrolling back and up and down in order to get an overview of how my entire week will look like. I would like to make the time...
  10. Viewing Public/Shared Calendars

Viewing Public/Shared Calendars: How do you import a public calendar (with a URL) into the Window's 10 calendar app, NOT OUTLOOK? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/viewing-publicshared-calendars/00f6f0ee-32d6-4500-b737-e6f958f564e4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall xbox

2. how to uninstall xbox game bar

3. uninstall xbox game bar

4. remove xbox,
  5. delete xbox,
  6. Xbox Game Bar how to remove,
  7. xbox identity provider uninstall,
  8. how to uninstall xbox app,
  9. can i delete xbox off windows 10,
  10. how to remove the xbox app,
  11. remove xbox from windows,