Windows 10: Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Windows 10 Photos app

Discus and support Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Windows 10 Photos app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Windows 10 Photos app How to Turn On or Off Show OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by enviouz, Jun 4, 2015.

1. enviouz Win User

Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Windows 10 Photos app

How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Windows 10 Photos app

How to Turn On or Off Show OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Windows 10 Photos app

The Photos app is included in Windows 10 by default. You can use the Photos app to view and edit your photos and videos, make movies, and create albums. You can use video remix to instantly create a video from photos and videos you select. Use the video editor for fine-tuned adjustments change filters, text, camera motion, music, and more. You can even add 3D effects like butterflies, lasers, or explosions that magically appear in your video.

The Photos app in Windows 10 gathers photos from your PC, phone, and other devices, and puts them in one collection place, where you can more easily find what youre looking for.

The Photos app displays your collection of images from folders you add located on your PC, an external drive, or a network drive connected to your PC. Subfolders of the folders you add will be included, too.

The Photos app automatically displays the photos and videos in the Pictures folder on your PC and OneDrive by default.

If you Microsoft account, the Photos app will show your cloud-only content from OneDrive by default.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing your cloud-only content from OneDrive in the Photos app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On Show OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Photos app
    • Option Two: Turn Off Show OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Photos app

EXAMPLE: OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Photos app

Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Windows 10 Photos app [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On Show OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Photos app

*note This is the default setting if signed in to Windows 10 and/or Photos app with your Microsoft account account.
    1. Open the Photos app.

2. Click/tap on the See more (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Microsoft OneDrive, turn on Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive. (see screenshot below)

*note If the Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive setting is turned off and grayed out, then you are not Microsoft account account.

4. Select All folders or Pictures folders only for what you want to show in the Photos includes OneDrive content from drop down menu. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn Off Show OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Photos app

*note This is the default setting if signed in to Windows 10 and/or Photos app with your Microsoft account account.
    1. Open the Photos app.

2. Click/tap on the See more (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Microsoft OneDrive, turn off Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive. (see screenshot below)

*note If the Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive setting is turned off and grayed out, then you are not Microsoft account account.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

enviouz, Jun 4, 2015
  2. Suman_B Win User

how to turn on cloud-only content in Photos app?

Hi RonWilcox7

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

a: Open the Photos app.

b: Click/tap on the See more (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Settings.

C: Under Microsoft OneDrive, turn on Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive.

Select all folders or Pictures folders only for what you want to show in the Photos includes OneDrive content from drop down menu.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Windows 10 Photos app

RonWilcox7, Oct 27, 2019
  5. randybw57 Win User
    What does 'Show my Cloud-only content from OneDrive' setting do?

In the Photos App Settings there is an item listed as 'Show my Cloud-only content from OneDrive'.

What does that setting do?

If I turn it on (or off) what changes in the app?

My Photos App Settings for Sources already includes users\randy\Onedrive\Pictures.

Doesn't that already provide access to all my OneDrive photos?

Thanks!

randybw57, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Flaviotti Win User
    Photo app: show cloud-only content with onedrive for business (work or school accounts)

Hello,

short question:

Is there a way to set photo to display cloud-only content when the content is on OneDrive for business.

longer explanation of the question:

I had to switch between my office365 home subscription to office 365 for business.

As a result, I had to move my OneDrive content to the OneDrive for business, and I added my .onmicrosoft account.

Now, in my OneDrive for business account, there is the picture folder, and it is great that OneDrive for my iOS phone is able to keep uploading my picture there seamlessly.

However, windows photo app, which I love in every aspect, is in this case in an empasse.

If I login with my regular Microsoft account, I can select to show cloud-only content, but it won't find any, since that folder has been moved to the OneDrive for business.

If I login the photo app with my .onmicrosoft account, that option to show cloud-only content is no longer presented.

Thank you to anyone who can point me to the right direction.

Cheers,

/Flavio

Flaviotti, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Windows 10 Photos app

1. Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud-only Content in Windows 10 Photos app - Similar Threads - Turn Off OneDrive

2. TURN OFF PHOTO DISPLAY OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TURN OFF PHOTO DISPLAY OneDrive: Please PERMANTLY turn off OneDrive PHOTO display! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-photo-display-onedrive/0e130f57-9722-4f05-967b-4a8b44ef9137
  3. TURN OFF PHOTO DISPLAY OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TURN OFF PHOTO DISPLAY OneDrive: Please PERMANTLY turn off OneDrive PHOTO display! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-photo-display-onedrive/0e130f57-9722-4f05-967b-4a8b44ef9137
  4. turn off cloud storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off cloud storage: How can I stop One drive storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-cloud-storage/1090baee-cb62-4aeb-b502-50463b850bba
  5. Photo Duplicates In the OneDrive Cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Duplicates In the OneDrive Cloud: How do I stop photos duplicates from being upload into my cloud. Every time I edit a photo, and every change I made to that photo is uploaded into the cloud. I get 100 uploads of the same photo with different changes....
  6. Photo app: show cloud-only content with onedrive for business (work or school accounts)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app: show cloud-only content with onedrive for business (work or school accounts): Hello, short question: Is there a way to set photo to display cloud-only content when the content is on OneDrive for business. longer explanation of the question: I had to switch between my office365 home subscription to office 365 for business. As a result, I had to...
  7. Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud States for Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud States for Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud States for Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the navigation pane to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC, Network, and Homegroup. You can also move or copy items directly to a...
  8. Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 Starting with Settings. This content comes in a variety of forms, and can help you discover new features within Settings, or...
  9. Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos from Devices to OneDrive in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can automatically save photos and videos to OneDrive whenever you...
  10. Turn On or Off Download External Content in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Download External Content in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Download External Content in Windows 10 Mail app Turn On or Off Automatically Download External Content in Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and...