Windows 10: How do I unlink my Outlook.com account in People App?

Discus and support How do I unlink my Outlook.com account in People App? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I upgraded my wife's Surface 3 to W10 on Friday and the good thing is that now I can add her iCloud account to the People App. I logged... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by davehutch, Aug 9, 2015.

1. davehutch Win User

How do I unlink my Outlook.com account in People App?

Hi everyone, I upgraded my wife's Surface 3 to W10 on Friday and the good thing is that now I can add her iCloud account to the People App.
    I logged into her Outlook.com account on the web and deleted all of her contacts to avoid duplicates, but all contacts in the W10 People App still show as having a "linked" Outlook entry.
    Although I can manually go into each one and unlink the accounts, then delete the Outlook.com entry, any idea how can get it to do a re-scan so it knows they have been deleted?

I can't remove the Outlook account from the People App as that's the one she signs in with and there is now option to delete it anyway.

She only signs in with that account. She does not use the Calendar, People or e-Mail facility on her Outlook.com account

Thanks.

:)

davehutch, Aug 9, 2015

2. How do I unlink linked inboxes in Windows 10 Mail?

I have unlinked my gmail account in outlook.com, but in the Windows Outlook app, I am still receiving emails from that unlinked gmail account. I check the linked accounts in the app, and gmail does NOT show up. How can I stop the gmail emails?!

DebbieMoses, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Mick_PK Win User
    need help turning birthday notifications off

hello,

I am still getting annoyed by birthday notifications in windows 10. i have many times checked every calender on outlook.com in office outlook and my Facebook account and have everything disabled and unlinked. the worst part is i am getting birthday notifications
    from people i do not know and i have checked all calendar and friends lists and these people do not show up on either

Mick_PK, Aug 9, 2015
  4. How do I unlink my Outlook.com account in People App?

How do I unlink my Outlook.com account in People App? [​IMG]

TheSmokey76, Aug 9, 2015
  5. davehutch Win User
    Done that. Even if I uncheck the Outlook account each contact still shows the fact (untrue) that there is an entry in iCloud and also a linked entry on Outlook.

davehutch, Aug 9, 2015
  6. davehutch Win User
    Turns out, I went to her desktop PC and checked Outlook. All of the contacts were still in there from her Outlook.com account, despite being deleted on the web.
    So I got rid of them and the Surface showed them as no longer there too!

Very odd.

p.s. last night I put it back to 8.1 as Outlook wouldn't let me add an IMAP account and the Mail app wouldn't sync. Think I'll wait 8 months and maybe try again

davehutch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I unlink my Outlook.com account in People App?

1. How do I unlink my Outlook.com account in People App? - Similar Threads - unlink Outlook com

2. how do I unlink and then relink my onedrive account to my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I unlink and then relink my onedrive account to my computer: how do I unlink and then relink my onedrive account to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlink-and-then-relink-my-onedrive/04e0e57c-6f9f-4fe5-99a5-469332df2421
  3. How do I unlink a Microsoft account from my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlink a Microsoft account from my PC?: It's running the latest stable build of Windows 11, and the 'Remove' button that was there in Windows 10 under Settings>Accounts>Email and Accounts>Accounts used by other apps is now gone. Is there a way to restore it without returning to Windows 10, the window for that is...
  4. How do I unlink a Microsoft account from my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unlink a Microsoft account from my PC?: It's running the latest stable build of Windows 11, and the 'Remove' button that was there in Windows 10 under Settings>Accounts>Email and Accounts>Accounts used by other apps is now gone. Is there a way to restore it without returning to Windows 10, the window for that is...
  5. How do I copy Windows people into outlook contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I copy Windows people into outlook contacts: Just started using Outlook for my emails and wish to copy contacts from Windows People into Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-windows-people-into-outlook-contacts/5617e76c-1946-4baa-8026-34f04eff8282
  6. Outlook mail people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook mail people app: I have a Problem with the people app , my contacts are in outlook .com. But are not the same as the people app in windows 10 mail, won't sync ? using mail windows 10 the people app has contacts I did not enter, or reply to and I am not able to delete them ? these strange...
  7. How to unlink combine contacts in People app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to unlink combine contacts in People app: I have a problem with the People app. It started when I added a new contact to this app and was recommended to combine this contact with another. I did it and combined the contact with another on my list. Currently I have all the telephone numbers together confused and I am...
  8. How do I unlink my local account from a Microsoft account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I unlink my local account from a Microsoft account?: Hello, I have what appears to be a common problem, as far as I can see, from searching about this issue but also one without a good resolution. I have a Windows 10 laptop. I am a local administrator and up until yesterday, there was no Microsoft account associated with...
  9. Unlink combined contacts - People app

Unlink combined contacts - People app: I have just added a contact to the Windows 10 people app, and was given the choice of combining this contact with another. This I chose to do with a family member of my contact, but now all the telehone numbers are put together and I do not know which one goes with which...
  10. How do I unlink mail accounts on my mail app on my Windows10 laptop?

How do I unlink mail accounts on my mail app on my Windows10 laptop?: There isn't a "gear" logo where I can get to settings to unlink an account. Where do I go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-do-i-unlink-mail-accounts-on-my-mail-app-on-my/b740b35a-14de-4c11-b1ab-534f40fae783

Users found this page by searching for:

1. safety outlook.com

2. GOOGLE outlook.com

3. hhow do i unlink windows people app from my outlook account